1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Visiting Glasgow

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Pearse1888, Oct 4, 2012.

Discuss Visiting Glasgow in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    hi all i will be visiting glasgow in november for a celtic game with the girlfriend does anyone have any ideas where i could go or take the mrs when im over or good places to go or see thanks in advance guys

2. Markybhoy

Aye, Edinburgh. :86:

3. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Celtic Park

4. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Shopping?

5. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Shopping is always a great one for us girls!

So many good shops and so many nice places to grab a bite to eat.

6. The Celtic Way

Take her and show her were rangers that died used to play there is a team started up but Sevco or something

7. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    go for a few pints in the gallowgate before n after the game then get a taxi to the byres road/ashton lane area-west ends crackin for pubs/restaurants etc:50:

8. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Merchant City is quite a nice area these days with loads of bars, restaurants and places to shop, eat, drink ect.
    It's on the east side of city centre as well so not too far from Paradise :50:

Loads of stuff in the city centre mate the big cineworld is pretty good you can go eat and chill out at the top, price is a bit much though but the same everywhere these days!

9. Sween

Are there any decent restaurants near celtic park? I am taking my girlfriend to the Celtic v Barca game (her first ever football game) and would be good if we could go somewhere decent within walking distance. Its funny, as much as I have been to celtic park hundreds of times over the years, I am actually completely ignorant of the surrounding area.

EDIT: Awesome Caz replied at same time as I was posting this. Cheers!

10. Ruxin

For a sophisticated and pricey evening head to the Merchant City, plenty of pubs and quality places to grab something to eat. If your talking sightseeing head to Kelvingrove art Gallery spend a few hours in there and then take a wander up Byres Rd for a few decent pubs.

11. Seosamh Máirtín

Amusingly enough, I was considering the same myself last night. I'm going to be over for the Ross County game in December, and instead of tagging alone with the local supporters club, I'll be going my own way, which means I'll need to rely on my own sense of direction.

Which may be comical, considering how I'll have a few drinks in me and don't know the area too well. :smiley-laughing002:

12. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Girls and restaurants before a football game are giving me the shivers. Beer and pals are all you need on matchday in my opinion.

I only know the way up the Gallowgate to CP, don't think I have seen any decent place to eat there.

I would go to the city centre for dinner as well, but Merchant City is still a 30-40 minute walk of course (and if your GF does not like like walking...).

13. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    ^^^

This.:50:

14. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ashton Lane reminds me of the Belgian bar there. They seem to have a great selection of Belgian beer:

http://www.brelbarrestaurant.com/beer/index.php?int_beer_category_id=5

People should try the "Piraat" one, that one is brewn not far from the town I was born and it is quite good.

Think I have only been once in this bar, don't remember if it is really good (got enough Belgian beer over here).

15. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Aye, been to Brel a lot mate. Good place. Within a 5 minute walk you have Oran Mor, Buddha, Jintys, Grosvenor (upstairs) which actually used to be great, and a regular haunt of the players.....not so good now. Standard of food etc just slipped. I don't know why...

Then for scran, of course Ubiquitous C and even Ashoka is pretty good. And all within 2 minutes of Hillhead station. * magic! :50:

16. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Can't go wrong with Aston Lane - Great food, great pubs and a great atmosphere. It's not cheap though so make sure you take a fair few quid with you.

17. TimFloyd Gold Member

Ketchup in ashton lane for a tasty burger then anywhere surrounding for a pint.

18. Markybhoy

If you like Chinese food then China Sea on Renfield Street in the city centre(near to Central station) is nice. It has a cosy atmosphere, it's not too expensive and the food is really good.

19. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    mega cheap but they rush you in china sea

20. Sideshow Bob

Drop your missus off at mine, then I could show you a few places where to go :D