1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kids go for £5

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by scomur1888, Sep 30, 2012.

Discuss Kids go for £5 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scomur1888

Glad to see that for the Celtic v Kilmarnick match on 27th October they are making it £5 for kids.

I'm all for this as its likely to attract another few thousand so long may it continue.

It's a pity they can't do a special 3 game package for adults or something to try tie people into going to other matches although I agree that there is only do much they can do as it wouldn't be fair on season ticket holders!

Think last season they brought out a 3 match Xmas package,think it was 3 games for £60 or something?maybe I'm wrong but it's always a way to market games.

Someone has a big job of getting prices,etc right next season and I for one will be watch closely hoping they can get folk back through the turnstiles.

2. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Good to see the kids going for a £5 again.

:50:

We are getting plenty through the turnstiles mate.

I do think that the prices up here are too high compared to other leagues though.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Its what makes us better than other Leagues though so its a "catch 22" as they say. We either keep ticket prices as they are and remain as good as we are, or we cut ticket prices and weaken the League to being more like the Finish, Icelandic, Irish, Slovakian etc Leagues.

4. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I see where you are coming from mate.

It would be great if we could get safe standing up here, coupled with lower priced tickets, we would be looking at higher attendances and the club would probably make more money as well. The atmosphere would be better too, everyone's a winner. Germany have it spot on.

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The ticket prices wont be reduced until it benefits the Clubs.

Us for example would need to see attendances go down to about 30,000 a game, before it would be beneficial for us to Cut season tickets from say £500 on average to £300, to bring attendances back up to about 50,000.

At the moment attendances are about 47,000 at the £500 prices so we're nowhere near drastic change.

Changing ticket prices from £28 a game to £20 a game realistically isnt going to do much to improve attendances, it'd probably need to go from £28 to about £15/16 Me personally, I was thinking about going to the Motherwell game there but at £25 a ticket, I wasnt going to give they * that, £15 I would have went, £20, I might have but probably not.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  6. Doire_Bhoy

It seems to me that fine tuning ticket prices so that they maximise both attendances and revenue without also being morally bankrupt by excluding a significant part of the club's natural supporter base is an art that few if any clubs have managed to master.

7. windowman

the £5 kids tickets is a wonderful ideal and should be rolled out at most games now if not everyone , up until this season i had season tickets for myself, my son and my daughter but due to the price in total being almost doubled financially i cannot afford to shell this out , i paid the tickets up front at the start of the season , and now i will cherry-pick which games i will go to as i have already did this season so far , i am still the passionate fan i was last year and will be the same in years to come but not only Celtic have to look at their pricing structure but the whole of Scottish football , yes we can stand alone without the zombie squad but lets be fair on pricing .hail hail

8. Sween

It may be a step back needed to move forward. There is simply no sense in pricing out your local fanbase. Short term gains are all fine and well, touring America and Japan for extra income is all good and well, but we must keep the support of our traditional fanbases and encourage future generations along to watch us.

We are now in a football market competing against the glitz and glamour of the EPL. Smaller Scottish clubs faced a similar issue when we gobbled up a lot of their traditional fan bases in the 90s and 00s by spending on achieving success. Now we are facing the same issue from richer English clubs. I work with guys who are celtic fans but stopped going to the games. Now they have kids who instead of going to see Celtic, stay at home at watch the premiership on TV. They are bought Liverpool and Man Utd tops because that is who they watch most and who their friends on the playground support.

We cannot outspend these teams, and our league is never going to be as glamourous. But if we lower prices and get parents and kids into the ground from a young age then we secure their support for decades to come. We gain a whole lot more than the £20 or however much they pay on the day.

Celtic need to recognise this and need to lower their prices accordingly

9. Doire_Bhoy

Excellent post, Sween.

There is a similarity between all the smaller leagues in Europe (Denmark, Norway, Finland, Scotland to name just a few) in that the over-hyping of the EPL is having a serious impact on their core supporter bases, and a serious financial impact on the quality of the local leagues. Norway in particular is a major "market" for Liverpool and Man U.

These leagues are caught in a catch 22 because if they raise prices to attract income to pay better players they risk financial ruin without making a dent in their competition with the EPL, La Liga etc. If they lower ticket prices they risk de-valuing their "product" relative to the over-glamourised EPL, La Liga etc.

As I said, I don't have the answers but it seems to me that these smaller leagues need to focus on the few competitive advantages they have relative to the big leagues: namely their role as local and community clubs. Expanding into Asia will actually only undermine the very local appeal that these clubs have, and reap scant rewards given the consumer dominance of the Far East by Barca, Man U, Liverpool and maybe three or four other clubs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I urge everybody who can afford to take the weans to do it today, it'll encourage more of this sort :50:

11. CelticFC1967

£5 deal is all very well and good but every u12 will need a parent/guardian also willing to shell out 26 quid for their own ticket. It will encourage maybe 2-300 more fans but it's a start, just don't think it ever makes a great difference.

12. monkeynuts

Fantastic stuff from Celtic ,we need more of this ,yes it may be a reaction to the media baws with the huns attendances but great gesture .

13. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Good stuff

14. The The Hand

Fuxake, eBay's getting out of hand. :38: