1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

If we didn't sign Forster

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by marco1888, Sep 30, 2012.

Discuss If we didn't sign Forster in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Chris Sutton

You were an idiot. No offence.

2. Celtic abu

Hope he gets the call up to England. I doubt he will get any playing time but the big man will enjoy being part of his national team

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

If you didn't think his kicking and punching was dodgy at first then I'm afraid it's you that was the idiot. No offence.

4. UncleHo

Good on him getting a call up. I do think he is a bit overrated on here but he is a good talent, there is a fantastic keeper there and will only get better.

His positioning is a bit lacking at times and he needs to gain more big game experience, which he will in time. Like I said, more than aqueduct for what we need and will only improve.

I think we need a better back up keeper to push him and keep him on his toes though. No harm in bringing in Gordon to train with us at least, to keep him motivated.

5. Chris Sutton

It wasn't though. 20-something clean sheets but OK, he was 'a dud.' :rolleyes: His kicking was bad in one game and it followed him about ever after, and there was/is nothing wrong with his punching. He has never had the problem that many keepers have with crosses. People try to make out that he was 'a dud' to hide the fact that they were wrong and blinded by Boruc's leaving.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  6. murphy88

His kicking was not only bad in one game mate. The reason i know this is because i used to go radio rental when he kicked the ball straight out the park. And i remember doing that in a lot more than one game. I didn't overly rate him to begin with either. He looked very nervous coming out for crosses for a guy of 6ft 7. Although, in the big man's defence, the back four he had in front of him would have given most goalkeepers a nightmare. Majstorovic and Loovens at centre half. No thanks.

7. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    This is his 3rd season and he's still not made a major clanger like Boruc did 6 or 7 times. He's a top keeper and I'll be delighted if he gets the deserved call-up.

8. Sideshow Bob

mmm dunno good point but when you think Vito Mannone (* Nil) was up for sale last year and no one took him for a pittance...

9. Chris Sutton

Why the * would you rather have Mannone than Forster? :56:

10. imacdiar

Foster is as good a keeper as we have had in a longtime,he's young and will only get better.You could argue he was possibly at fault for one of the goals on tuesday night but had the shot not taken a slight deflection the player crossing the ball would have been offside.He was also one of the main reasons we even qualified!

11. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The player was offside. Not that it really matters now lol.
    I actually think Forster's been getting a bit of a hard time of this, he could have pushed the shot round the post but it's not like it was a massive howler; the shot wasn't struck with that much power, but it was still enough for Forster to have to parry it. He got a bit unlucky.

12. Kutek

I've never been a fan of Forster and I've been vocal about it, in the case of the goal in Moscow it WAS his fault no other way to look at it, but in saying that it was a silly mistake that he will learn from at his age you have to expect slight hiccups at times. You also have to look at it from the case of you make a small mistake like he did in the Champions League you will get punished, its a different class of football. Other players make many mistakes week in week out that have cost us goals in the past but you never hear about them, being a keeper is one position your constantly under the microscope, any slight mistake your the one to blame. Like i said he will learn from it, the coaches will be talking him through where he went wrong and he will know himself for next time. I'm actually warming to Forster and this season he's been a rock for us at times already, its time the fans start to back him or back off.

13. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    That deflection had no impact on whether it was offside or not and that goal should not have stood. Luckily it didn't really matter and the way the game turned out, it was even sweeter in the end.

But as you say he played a massive role in us qualifying in the first place, just remember all the saves he made at Helsingborg in the first leg, when our backline was sliced open so often.

14. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Newcastle's first 2 keepers are injured for their game against Man U tomorrow, bet Pardew's regretting being such a narrow minded * about Forster and the SPL!