1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Filling our stadium.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Captain Brown, Sep 2, 2012.

Discuss Filling our stadium. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Sky Sports reported it as 57k, yeah. Absolutely no way there were 9000 spare seats. BBC also said they were 48k against Aberdeen and it looked more than that again. I don't know where they get their figures from.

2. The Celtic Way

Have to admit I agree with this but it will never change IMO

3. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They also get a lot more money from TV than we do. I'm pretty sure we're in the top 5-6 on the continent when it comes to gate receipts.

4. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    That was my point earlier in the thread.

Our figures are being distorted.

5. harry5867

Fav Celtic Player:
    every one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    Like i said we have heard this all before i only bought a ST because in 98/9 when we stopped the rot for the first time in my celtic life i couldnae get a ticket and stood outside listening on the radio upto then from the 1960s i paid at the gate (or jumped it one or the other) or got my ticket from the supporters club.The competition is to win the league not how many bums are sitting on seats FFS it helps if prices are low but you have to pay to play the big boys and if that means £30 to see hibs then a chance to to see barca then that dictates the price is high but so are we compared to the tax dodgers who are only playing elgin brechin and the likes they will get fed up it's inevitable so once again * them and their dorcs who dress up as seats.

6. thomohoq

would there be a full house for Del Piero's debut, had the board made it happen?
    When I started coming to watch games the £28 or whatever it was, was worth paying just to see Henke or Lubo or Big John etc. No disrespect to the signing policy which is (i hope) setting us up well for the future but our players these days just dont do it for me in that way anymore. Hasnt stopped me becoming a season ticket holder mind you.......HH

7. windowman

hi all , i am a celtic fan always have been and always will be , up until this season i have been a season ticket holder with my son and daughter who i took to every home game until december last year when my son became seriously ill and was unable to walk or talk even then i got him to a couple of games , my daughter and i continued to attend , but this year because of what happened with the manky mob celtic almost bar £15 doubled the price of what it would cost or me to take my son and daughter , i am sorry but i cannot afford this , and you can call me whatever you like but it is just not possible , rather than keep the prices the same the board decided to shaft the fans because of them , i would have accepted an increase but not one of nearly 100% , i will now pick and choose what games i go , and the simple reason for that is because i can , we will never sell out the ground unless it in the champions league against barca, so i can go whenever i want and there are loads more like me, i wrote to celtic and i am still awaiting a response. we to would have no seats left in the ground if we were pricing tickets better . hail hail

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I paid £29 for the game on Saturday.

That's just not right.

9. Celtic abu

Ticket prices are ridiculous. Scottish football should really start looking at the German League for inspiration

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Totally agree with you. The Germans have done a great job with how they price their games and manage to get big crowds even for the clubs further down the table. I think they allow a certain amount of terracing though which I am guessing probably helps the crowd numbers a bit more as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
  11. C2911

The whole German football experience is light years ahead of Scotland. Decent food, beer, standing areas, great atmospheres and good quality football. A proper day out.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Celtic. I just don't get that excited over your bog standard SPL game. Compare it to Germany and it's just... i dunno, dull?

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    No comparison though.

As German teams get Big$£€ from TV money so they can afford to have tickets around £15.

We get heehaw in TV money so all our domestic income basically has to come from ticket sales.

13. C2911

Bring back (affordable) beer. And decent food.

Most people only bother drinking a lot on the trains/pubs etc. because they can't get it in the stadium.

14. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Yeah we are definitely being fleeced especially when we are paying a lot to watch inferior players. It was cheaper to watch Hartson, Larsson, Lubo and Sutton says it all.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I dont understand how we are being fleeced, anyone that buys tickets does it because they want to. Nobody is forced into it.

If we only pay £15 a match. Then what makes up for the drop in £6/7million a season? nothing willl, so the only option would be to trim £120k a week off the wagebill. No Kayal, no Ledley, no Forster, no Hooper, no Izaguirre, no Samaras, no Wanyama and no Miku.

How happy would you be to pay £15 a match to see...

Zaluska
    Matthews Rogne Wilson Mulgrew
    Forrest Brown McCourt Commons
    Stokes Lassad

16. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I'm not being funny but the team we are watching at the moment aren't that great at entertaining the fans! The product on the park has been * poor so I would at least accept we where pish if I was paying £15 a ticket!

That team isn't so bad anyway! It should still win the league title and I really don't think that the entertainment value would be much lower.

17. Balearic bhoy

12 quid and a fiver for the milkmans boy wont cover up the fact they slept in and watched the club die, they let a Yorkshireman buy the club for 5.5mill with a view to flogging them a worthless 49% for 30million. Lets see how many put their hands in their pockets for the share issue. Remember the last one? target 53 mill achieved 1 mill! It was funny the first time they went burst the 2nd will be hilarious

18. gaelicbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    deadly ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    wow wow wow wow c2911 have you seen my batman glass

19. harry5867

Fav Celtic Player:
    every one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    I remember when henke came everybody thought he was a dud from la dutch league funny how when you stick with it you could be rewarded with a bit of class sorry for the guy who's son got hurt and it's no consolation but in my life i have never seen prices go down unless the quality went with it and like your self i remember paying pence to get in (or was it 5 ginge bottles) hope your bhoy gets better and good days come everyday my man respect to you and your's.

20. mfisher

Totally agree.