1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Hibs Sat 1 Sep KO 3.00pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Aug 30, 2012.

Discuss Celtic v Hibs Sat 1 Sep KO 3.00pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lennon must exercise caution when trying out the rookies. I'm not going to go in rageplosion mode, but Hibs are a serious opposition, and should be treated seriously.

2. Bunk Moreland

Everyone here WANTS Celtic to win everything, no doubt. The big difference is though that in the real world no one here EXPECTS us to win everything.

3. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    So if we don't win the Champions League Lennon should go? Seems fair to me. :50:

No team anywhere wins EVERY game in a season. Look at Real Madrid, 1 point from 6 in their 2 opening games, even the best teams get unexpected results.

Some people need to chill out.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I was going ape * when we drew with ross county, and for good reason at the time IMO we needed players in and we got them, we have the groups of the champions league

now let's look at today, we had loads of players who are on the sidelines, if both of our new signings had clearance to play they would have started and am sure we would have won today

would rather drop points at the start of the season like we did last year remember the 15 point swing? now we don't have Deadco in the league or i would be worrying!!! early days plus we have enough money to go out and buy players in the jan window (i hope so) we are still top of the league

5. danny_bhoys

no need to panic, with a very young side we drew with the 2nd placed team best line up. on another day could have scored 5!!

Posted from Talkceltic.net App for Android

6. Sween

I sometimes wonder about the blood-pressure of those guy who flip out every couple of weeks because we dont win every game with ease!

7. jay62

spot on mate , the game i just saw we could have and most times will, put 4 or 5 in the net.it was just one of those games . throw in the fact were resting some regulars for cl and our youngsters are getting valuable playing time .

8. Bunk Moreland

I must admit that I was a bit of a * during that time :56:

9. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Everyone wants us to win everything but it's not possible.

If that was against a team like East Stirlingshire then I could MAYBE understand some of the reactions but against a regular Hibs team don't you think it's a huge over-reaction?

Look at the team we had with the chances we had. Was just one of those days.

10. JamieTheScot

3 positives from the match today;

Forrest looked pretty dangerous only complaint about him is when after being held back he just stops running and puts his hands up. Also Watt looked good again with some of the runs he was doing down the left wing and was unlucky not to score.

Also we gave some of the youth players valuable experience of playing in the SPL.

11. Andy_Cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown,Caldwell, Robson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing, fields of a Athenry, Y.W.N.W.A. 4leaf clover.
    * sake what not even 6games into the season, and a team full of kids.

we did not play well, and that will be addressed, the young ones will learn.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There is no way we would play 3 of them every week. Our ridiculous injury list has forced our hand today.

13. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    tbf, the young lads are in the team because most of the senior players are injured at the minute.

it's frustrating but that's football!

2 weeks till our next game, should give us enough time to get most of our injured guys back fit :50:

14. bhoy81

The same team who lost most of their best players and finished 2nd bottom last season...... :31:

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Chic Young saying on RS that Vic has just limped past him and looks in a lot of pain. :54:

16. Churchill

Awful performance, disgraceful getting a draw at Celtic Park against these clowns, and far too many youngsters on the pitch today that simply aren't good enough. Lenny gets it wrong AGAIN

17. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    We had no other options, Commons has been carrying a knock, probably why he didn't start and Wanyama almost certainly had to be subbed cause of an injury.

The other regulars are out injured atm and should come back after the international break and new guys weren't signed in time.

It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, but at least support it with facts. What could you have done differently today than Lenny didn't do?

18. bhoy81

me and you both mate, i was * raging and thought the league was over, i do have to say it would have been intresting if Oldco never lost the 10 points thought, i still think we would have won it though

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Not one of the younger players gave me any confidence even watt although he was out of position. Finishing the game with 2 centre mids who make willo flood look like a body builder wasn't a great idea either

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mulgrew, Rogne, Brown, Kayal, Ledley, Stokes, Vic off injured, two 18 year olds in the middle of the park, young guy up front, makeshift CB partnership.

Wind yer neck in.