1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champs League Group, All Chat In Here.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TAB, Aug 9, 2012.

Discuss Champs League Group, All Chat In Here. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yea the only reason I didn't agree with you fully is because I will still completely expect Barca to win, even if the game was pointless to them. Did it last year (I think) so I expect similar this time.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We've only lost 1 out of our last 10 European games, quite a good run we're on. Hopefully make it 1 out of 11 in the Spartak game :50:

3. aeroshady

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    Awesome watching Celtic in the CL again!!

4. Tull1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Can't agree more Sean. Don't see any reason for negativity. Don't forget that one of the Spartak goals was an o.g.

5. DSR3

Our next game (Spartak Away) is played at the much earlier time of 5pm. Make sure that you all get away early from work for the match.

6. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Good shout mate :50: Thank * for flexi time :celt_2:

7. scomur1888

Really hoping that benfica v spartak is a draw for both matches against each other.

Failing that as long as they don't both win their home matches against each other we should have a decent chance at nicking 3rd spot.

Benfica taking 4 points from Spartak would be my next preference.

8. Spartakys

Hello averyone!

We are waiting Celtic in Moscow :bbpd:
    Yesterday, we were unlucky to be honest! 20 minutes was not enough to win ... very very sorry.So in the game with you, if played in our power, will win 2-0 or 3-1.
    :rolleyes:

9. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Samaras will be back so we'll definitely win. :84:

10. smithy18

Think it will be a lot closer than that mate our end will be a lot tighter and I think you'll find it really hard to get into the counter attacking side of your game I also think you were rather lucky to be leading that game last night you made a few chances and nullified messi but they were still able to create the better chances and should have scored maybe 4 or 5. Also you are playing against a make shift back four that included 2 center mids for the majority of the game. Hopefully we have a fully fit squad and I can see us giving you a real test but the game will be low scoring IMO and 1-0 is the more likely result or either team

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I reckon we are more than capable of taking at least a point in Moscow. We are a far more savvy side away from home in Europe.

If Sammy is back we will be a far stronger proposition on the break.

12. Celtic abu

I`ve noticed about Spartak as well that they do seem to leave themslves very open. Sammy would be the man for that. I think we are definitely capable of getting a point or even a win at Benfica once we have the likes of Kayal, Ledley, Sammy back. Really wish we had Stokesy back too. We need him for the home games, we`re badly lacking in penetration the past few games

13. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    Get a point in Moscow and I think we'll be looking for third place. Would probably mean our last home game becomes a shoot out for third place, which I think would be quite an achievement for this young side and would signal progress.

I'll be honest can't see us getting anything away in Lisbon and certainly not at Barca though believe it or not I don't think a draw at home v Barca is out of the question especially if they've already have 9 points. Unlikely but not impossible.

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

would you have ever thought you would say that 2 years ago

15. smithy18

Does anyone know how bad piques injury is

16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Well if we get some of our players back (Mainly sammy) then i think id feel more confidant about winning in moscow than i did about last night, ive got a good feeling about the game for some reason.

17. idlewildered

shouldn't be too bad, he managed to knock up Shakira

18. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    We should've took Benfica, they were there for the taking last night.

On the plus side, they were nowhere near as good as I expected them to be, and our defence was once again a lot better than I had feared or assumed. Kelvin Wilson in the * Champions League? But he was fantastic!

I honestly think we can get a point or more away in Lisbon and Moscow, and beat Barca and Spartak at home. We will step up the level as the opponents get better.

Also I can't see Spartak playing for a draw and being boring like Benfica, I think they will attack us and it will make for an open game.

19. Higgie

Feeling quite confident about going intae Russia for some reason. Reckon we'll have more of a go at them away from home than we did against Benfica last night.
    [​IMG]

20. rorylando45

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Nakamura, Robson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Think we've got about a 70% chance of getting at least a point from the next 4 group games lads, which isn't bad at all. So if we hit that then most likely a win on the last day at home to Spartak would secure us 3rd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.