1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving early nightmare storys?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by smadabhoy, Aug 2, 2012.

Discuss Leaving early nightmare storys? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Champions 67

To every single person who has missed a last minute goal because of leaving early. Get it right up you serves yous right:50:

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Missed an extra time goal when we were playing Bordeaux in the Uefa Cup, think it was 1-1 and my old man was working night shift so we had to leave at full time. On the way back to the car someone told us they had scored.... not gutted to miss that tbh. Never left a game early except that. Don't see the point unless of course you need to be somewhere or have no choice.

Last 5-10 minutes of the game are sometimes the most exciting.

3. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> There may be some exceptions, but people who turn their backs on their team by leaving with 10 minutes to go while there is still a possibility of a result, should have their season tickets ripped up.

4. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Leaving a game to beat the traffic when we're one each against Ac milan in a champions league game????????? WHAT THE * IS WRONG IN YOUR HEID!!!!!!!!!:bash:

I hate seeing how empty the stadium gets 5mins before the end of almost every game because all our fans want to "beat the traffic"!:rolleyes:

5. slowburner

Aye, who cares that I've paid good money to see Celtic beat the European champions, the big battle's me against the traffic lets do this!!

* the tactics on the park, I've got my own to think about, when should I make my first move? 80s on the early side is 85 just right or do I risk it bang on 90? I see there's a rush in the other stand should I jump and follow them or just sit? Do I follow them but hang about at the top of the stairs until the last possible minute? * it 85 minutes I'll follow them cos I've still got the wee boy that's 'watching' ma motor to pay, then I'll get up the road! It's all about margins, yaaaaaassssss I've timed it right what a victory!! Now what was the Celtic score?

6. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    :56:

Glad you got that off your chest mate, seems like you've been saving that rant up for years!

I don't think i've ever left early because my dad never does, even at films he will sit to the final * credit has rolled and the lights come back on!
    Suppose it's all about getting your moneys worth!

I can understand people leaving on a Weekday night, if they've got kids to get home and work to get to the next day ect, especially a CL night you could easily be getting home beyond midnight. But on a Saturday afternoon i've no idea what the * people are rushing for.

7. slowburner

Haha I hate people leaving early, there are obviously good reasons why some people leave early but there seems to be a lot leaving CP most games early and they can't all have good reason.

8. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We got 'stuck in traffic' the night we beat Juve 4-3 in the CL, but we were driving to Stranraer to catch a boat to Ireland which we subsequently missed as a result. We stayed to the final whistle though, and didn't give a * about the very real possibility of missing the boat.

9. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not really leaving a game early but I was on holiday in Spain at the time of the Bratislava game and we left the pub at 4-0 only to be told by a fellow Celtic fan a couple of hours later that it finished 5-0 :54:

10. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Only ever left at the Ross County game due to the players being total bottle merchants and utter *.
    Also this guy who sits infront of me every game without fail comes in after 15 mins and leaves early, last night he left after Mulgrew made it 2-1. WHY!!!!!!!

11. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    :50:

12. ynwa1987

why on earth would you leave a game that was tied? A CL game no less.

I could almost understand if we were humping an spl team and the game was over.

Almost deserved to miss that goal .

13. Frank Timatra

I am not going to be a hypocrite and say "Oh all Celtic fans that don't stay til the very dying seconds of every single match, competitive or pre-season alike, should have their genitals removed and mixed together to make some kind of Highland stew" but...anyone that leaves when we are either 1-0 up, level or 1-0 down in any competitive game, bar exceptional circumstances such as "I'm having a heart attack, forgive me Landry NGuemo for I must leave thee now", is doing something I can't comprehend. The only time I've missed crucial goals is because my supporters bus is 15-30 minutes late i.e McDonald's opener in 1-1 draw against Man United :31::50:

14. Artur Boruc #1

Never understood why folk leave when we're only a goal behind, or it's tied with minutes to go.

Best example I can think of was when half our row left when it was 1-1 when we were playing the huns. Minutes later big Jan the man has stuck it in the net, and Paradise has went as mental as I've ever seen it.

Loads missed that moment due to their pishy excuses, get it up them.

15. pastSK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky but currently I think that Adam Matthews is the real deal.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The original and best TCS but also Like 4LC.
    Bill McNiell's winner v Vojvodina Novi Sad in the EC.

16. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    No sympathy for anyone missing goals because they left early. I've been going to Parkhead for about 15 years and I've never left before the final whistle, friendlies, defeats, -10 freezing conditions (Killie midweek last season).

Anyone leaving early deserves what they get.

17. Hmrc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :50:

18. The taxman

I've only missed one goal at ever Celtic game I've ever been at , it was the Norwich home game a last week , didn't even leave I went to the toilet before leaving. Never understood people leaving just to beat traffic . Obviously if people have a valid reason then that's unavoidable but I'm too scared to get a pie during a game in fear of missing a goal never mind leave.

19. MattMcG

In the 13 years I've had a season ticket I've left early 3 times. Twice for work and once because if I hadn't I was going to * myself.

Is the traffic that bad? I drive back from CP after every game and while it can be frustrating at times I've never found it terrible.

20. Markybhoy

Not a story about myself but about a pal of mine.

Celtic v Shakhtar in the Champions League..........

He travelled all the way down from Shetland with a couple of his mates for the match. When he got to the stadium he didn't swipe his ticket properly so his ticket got voided and he couldn't enter the stadium. He was told by a steward that he would have to go to the ticket office and get a replacement ticket. So off he went. The queue outside the ticket office was massive and he missed the first 15-20mins of the match. Shakhtar scored an early goal, so he missed that.

With about 5mins to go, and the score level at 1-1, his mate decided that Celtic weren't going to win the match and that he was leaving. So the other guy agreed and they both left. They were not far outside Parkhead when they heard an almighty roar, Massimo Donati had scored a last minute winner! How daft must they have felt?!

So in the end my pal had spent hundreds of pounds, travelled hundreds of miles, missed 2 of the 3 goals that were scored and missed a last minute winner.

Nightmare. :56: