1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Euro 2012 Group A

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Lion1961, May 30, 2012.

Discuss Euro 2012 Group A in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. monthehoops1888

Well done Greece took the game to the Russians in the second half and Samaras played well good on them:50:

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Agree with this, infact that was their downfall.

The Russians may be better technically but Greece put in a very resolute defensive performance, i think they deserve some credit for that.

3. dimitrissssss

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    --------
    thank you my friend for your words....:)

4. dimitrissssss

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    --------
    for you is not nice a team with low value players could win the 'famous' 'fast' 'wow' russia like everyone says?would you like the best team -on papers- win all the time?so what's the point of playing?..they couldn't score a goal so bye bye...simple...why they should go quarters?they play well only 1 match and that's it....and Greece have in 2 of 3 matches in the group very bad refs...even that against everyone Greece qualify....really i cant understand what your problem?

5. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    True.

6. NaiKoN

The Russian are definitely better than Greece (no offence), they can do much much better teamplay.
    The problem of this Russian team, is like the problem of zenit, these guy don't care about anything but their money and they are too possesed by themselves. They defeated Czech and thought that this group will be easy walk and that's it. Chipseater(Arshavin) is a good example of this.

7. Markybhoy

I don't think Russia were settling for a draw, I think they just played poorly. Kerzhakov had a terrible tournament and the tempo of Russia's play was too low. That played right into Greece's hands.

Disappointing. When Russia are playing well they are one of the most attractive teams to watch.

8. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    People can tell whatever they want about Greek way of playing football. Boring, blah, blah, but I bet everyone would excepted that way of playing and EURO title if it is their team. They won 2004 like that, why should they change it?

9. Markybhoy

Greece can play whatever way they want to. That doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching it. I think they are boring as *.

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Results are what count in football, Greece may have been the inferior side in terms of ability but they displayed a great determination and spirit to get a result.

Russia were poor and this may have been down to their mindset before the game, they were overwhelming favourites and new a draw would be enough, a mixture of complacency combined with a poor attitude was their undoing imo.

11. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I don't think they care about it. They are among 8 best European teams. I would like Ireland played like them and qualified for the next round.

12. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I thought Russia were * tonight. They knew exactly how Greece would set up and they looked completely out of ideas. Slow tempo, no creativity and not one of them took the bull by the horns. Greece didn't deserve to concede, they worked hard, set up well and Russia had no answers.

13. NaiKoN

Actually if not Russia, Greece wouldn't qualify, so actually there is no need for Ireland to play like Greece, what Ireland needed is just Poland and Russia and the first game for Russia with Czech to believe in their power and that's it.

14. Markybhoy

I agree that Russia have nobody but themselves to blame. A team with that much talent should have come through that group.

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think this tournament has been excellent thus far, we've had it all, some great goals, upsets and even a bit of thunder and lightening lol, there's 2 or 3 teams that look as if they could emerge winners.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Spain have to win it from here IMO.

17. NaiKoN

Frankly Spain doesn't look that completely unbeateble as it was previously. So I would put Spain, Germany and France as the favorites.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I wouldn't rule out the Italians as a wee outside bet :50:

19. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Was surprised with Russia, really thought they were going to be a bit of a left field contender for the title after their opening match.

20. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Well they lost to Switzerland first match of 2010, and with a resurgent Torres I don't see past them right now.