1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think police talks before games affects player performance?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BuenosAiresBhoy, Mar 31, 2012.

Discuss Do you think police talks before games affects player performance? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    No, but the Police are having to much of a say in Scottish Football; I might pop into the local Police station and lecture them on their behaviour.

2. kris_bhoy_1916

No. We bottled it and the Huns got the break of the decisions that day. Thats why we lost.

3. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    Nothing to do with the police talk, really grasping at straws with that one

4. magoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky/ Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Nah, no way does this affect the players, none at all

5. Robbclassof01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I agree. So its a no from me.

6. windowman

yes i do think it does , every time this happens we seem to stand off the opposition and not go into tackles that we had been going into previous weeks , i don't know if this is the reason , but in the recent old firm game it looked as if we where scared to go in for a challenge in case it ended up in red cards , we stood off them let them bully us and still got two red cards , we need to play our way

7. KevvyBhoy

IMO the game last week was lost as soon as Cha Du Ri got sent off, which was perhaps a debatable decision but nothing to do with the police. Up until then I felt we were doing ok, and were still very much in the game and only a goal down to what was nothing dubious, just a cracking bit of play by Aluko.

I also think our players have motivation issues and our team lacks a bit of steel. We've lost other crucial games since Lennon's been in charge including Sion, Utrecht, Killie, ICT etc. and I doubt the police were so involved in briefing players in these games.

Although I think we still have by far the strongest squad in the league when the players are on their game, I think it has to be said that we're lacking in the bottle department and need to bring in one or two with a bit of experience. I reckon one or two more experienced players who'll keep going for 90 mins and drive on/keep cool the rest of our younger players when the heads are down/we're holding a lead should be a necessity during the transfer window. Kayal is probably one of our main ones besides Brown but out injured, but I also think we could do with maybe one in defence and one up front for a bit of balance. Mulgrew always gives 100% but doesn't strike me as a player with any influence in the talking department while our main strikers tend to just do their job and keep their traps shut.

8. monthehoops1888

In that case it would affect players from both sides it just wasnt meant to be that day....

9. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    It will have some effect but very little. That wasn't our reason for our poor performance.

10. liam123cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley