1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

well done lennon for wasting the best day of our lifes

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by murphy1967, Mar 25, 2012.

Discuss well done lennon for wasting the best day of our lifes in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. slippy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail!
    If it wasn't for the fact they are murder, Lennon would be doing Thompson's job at best. That is the truth.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The hyperbole on here is off the radar.

3. ThereByTheGrace

Disagree, the players were * and no matter how you look at it, the 2 red cards were justified. Cant blame the ref for this one, the player knew what was up for grabs and they failed to match Rangers this time. No arguments

4. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

I still have faith in Lenny to carry our club to success but he needs to sort this out. Losing to diddy Kilmarnock in a cup final when it really mattered and getting routed by the huns until we pulled two back (which he wasn't even involved in, as he was away in the media room) is not good at all. Not to mention having a outburst at half-time when the most important thing for a manager to do is to stay calm, composed and encourage his team. Even if the refs aren't on our side.

5. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Some folk need to get a grip.

6. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    we got pumped fair and square...no problems with the ref...no problems with the sendings off......but it is a worry that that is another of those big meaningful matches that we've lost......thats not to say Neil hasnt won some..of course he has.....but my annoyance at today may be getting the better of me.

7. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    He gets the credit when he deserves it and he has a lot of this season .

When he * up and lets face it he * up from the start -team selection subs .

Then getting him self sent off before being able to give a team talk * stupid.

He needs to lead by example and sadly he does not , how many times is it going take before he learns ?

Keep your mouth shut and deal with the problems at full time.

8. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Just heard Lennys interview on 5 live he soundeed resonable to be honest, one thing that I admire about Lennon is his honesty and that he will say something how he sees it. He has said that he dosent know why he got sent off he had questioned some of the referees decisions without swearing or shouting, and the referee had sent him off. I understand Lennon being frustrated and wanting to talk to the referee which he has every right to do the red card in the 1st half was dodgy and there was a few fouls that we shouldve got a free kick for including one where Samaras was clearly taken out about 8 yards away from the referee and there was no free kick given. Then in the second half Wanyama's sending off was controversial although Lenny did say that could go either way these days, but he did say like I thought aswell there 2nd goal was off side. Lennon asked to talk to the referee after the game but the referee refused to talk to him, surely after some of the big decisions the referee made today he should atleast talk to the manager.

I did find it intersesting at the end of the interview when the bloke said to Lenny something along the lines of spoiling the title party today, and Lennon said we was never going to win today.

9. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Oh here we go - we lose against the huns and the Lenny bashers are back out in full force :87:

10. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Can't believe I'm reading this.

* bless you gaffer. I'm behind you.

11. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    + 1 Lennon will blame the refs just like last week to "save" his own * from getting a grilling for his own failings... 2 sundays = 2 failures - Bottled both games. We played a team who`s lost their last 3 home games and yet we made them look good and they put 3 * goals past us...what does that say about our "wanting to fight for it" . as you said Lennon gets praise but he must take the blame when it`s his fault.

12. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    2010/11
    lost in champions league qualifier to Braga
    lost in europa league qualifier to Utrecht
    Lost in league cup final to rangers
    threw the league away at mordor then inverness
    won the scottish cup after a wonder goal from nowhere brought us to life

2011/12
    lost in europa league qualifier to Sion
    Lost in league cup final to Kilmarnock
    Lost in title clincher at mordor.

It's great doing all the hard work to reach that finishing line but what good is it if you don't cross it.

we've won 1 game this month against 10 men and they looked like they would beat us when they had 11 on the park.

the team has been lazy and unmotivated ever since that mob went into admin.

i know its tough getting fired up when the league has been won so early but the fans are paying good money to see celtic and they havnt turned up this month.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Utterly shameful.

Only Lenny could get so much hatred from his own after winning the league.

Utterly * shameful.

14. kalimojo

FFS he turned round a 15 point deficit and turned it into an 11 point advantage.
    we are going to win the league and are still in the cup.
    stop your whingeing.

when history looks back on this season it will be remembered for the fight back and today game will be completely forgotten.

as it should be now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
  15. Heb Celt

16. Crispy Bacon

Fav Celtic Player:
    at present-Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    For * sake i cant believe what im reading here. ALL the Lenny bashers here have been noted. Hes got us a championship and the possibility of a double and yous lay into him as some sort of scapegoat for the failings of alot of no-shows on the park. Disapointing result granted, especially against them, but show them * all. we've been partying hard for a wee while now and its just going to continue.......:shamrock:

17. Young Ceaser

Even if that's true I don't blame Lennon for players bottling it on the pitch. What can Lennon do from the touchline when Stokes can't make a clean connection with the goal gaping and no-one on him for example. Too many players have let him down in the last couple of weeks. You can talk about tactics, motivation blah blah blah but all that means * all when the players couldn't play simple passes until they went behind, * up their best chance to get level and dive in to stupid challenges. I don't think those kind of things have anything to do with players not being motivated or playing the wrong system or whatever.

18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Let me get this straight: you are arguing that we don't do well in the big games, and in your list of big losses, you include the fact that we won the 2011 Scottish Cup? *?

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Get a * grip guys..

20. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Totally * agree :50:

We don't hear hide nor hair from any of the Lenny bashers for the last few months and now as soon as we lose against the scum their out in force again forgetting what he has done to put us AHEAD by so much in the first place.

League is pretty much wrapped up and we are still on course for a potential double and it's STILL not good enough :87: