1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Club statement to Alex Salmond

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Cathairbhoy, Feb 16, 2012.

Discuss Club statement to Alex Salmond in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gerry_bhoy

Being blown out of proportion. Of course we don't need them, but what do you really expect him to say? Its hardly something he can avoid commenting on. So now we're adding Salmond to the Hun list and the SNP are against us?

Don't need to love the man or the party. But he's a means to an end imo. Most of our support aswell as the huns have no real affinity with Scotland, so I can see how something this simple would turn indifference to hate and the implications of this worry me a bit.

2. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I don't think that's what we are saying, why did he have to bring us into the discussion, days after we have issued a statement saying we are self-sufficient and have a business model to prepare for such events?

3. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    salmond = self obsessed bawbag
    cameron = self obsessed tory bawbag

both the same salmond vetoed the celtic park work the * * him

4. gerry_bhoy

He put it across horribly wrong yes, but as the leader of the country you must imagine why he'd want to preserve the Glasgow derby - the only thing people outside of the country find remotely relevant about our league.

Its just the whole "* the SNP" angle that this has created amongst our support that is worrying. Future of the country swayed by one statement on the back of football.

5. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Would anyone, seriously, vote NO, because of this

6. saltire78

Hear, hear... Well said!

7. Oxford67

If it acted as a wake-up call to the fact that Salmond is an opportunistic, manipulative little man, for whom there is no bandwagon on which he will not jump, no situation he will not expolit and no line he will not cross to get his own, ideological agenda shoe-horned through the political process, then yes, I imagine they might.

8. Markybhoy

Even if that were true, how would that make him different from any other politician?

9. windowman

i today have also e-mailed my local SNP msp and i await his response which i will post if he replies but i do not expect him to

10. Oxford67

It seems you've lost a political idealism that I still have Markybhoy. Let's put it down to youthful naivety, but I think the day we lose faith in some politicians having the right motives, is the beginning of the end. Probably not a discussion for the football section though, eh? :50:!

11. MacEoghainn

This is a question more than anything ...

Most Celtic fans support Scottish independence, and most Rangers fans do not, right?

If so, wouldn't that mean most Celtic fans are supporters of Salmond and the SNP too?

I'd be if I lived over there.

Or, is that more hype and largely nonsense?

There's always the football, of course ... but living so far away, it's hard to get a real good feel for the other stuff that swirls the club on a daily basis too ... the itty-bitty gritty stuff that really matters to Celtic fans in Scotland.