1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kelvin Wilson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sparkybhoy, Aug 1, 2011.

Discuss Kelvin Wilson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He's totally turnes it around. He's learned from his mistakes I think, concentration has improved so much.

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

A few months ago I branded him one of the worst players to ever play for Celtic. How wrong was I?

3. idlewildered

Personally I always backed Kelvin. His class was always there to see and anyone who believed otherwise was deluded at best. Shame on you all.

And me, because I'm lying.

So * happy to be proven wrong!

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He is a success story, for sure.

We are now expecting him to put in solid performances rather than expecting gaffe after gaffe.

All credit goes to both him and the manager who kept faith in him. At the end of the day he is playing for Celtic because Lennon liked what he saw when he went down to Forrest.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

You * :38:

Although in fairness, I was thinking along the same lines :56::56::56::52:

6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

His performance in the LC final against Killie was absolutely horrendous. He also had an absolute honker of a performance against the huns when they won 4-2 I think it was (might have been a different game.. think it was the one where he passed straight to naismith and he scored into the top corner).

What a success story. Massive turn around. Been of the the players of the season so far. Certainly in the running.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I'd like to hear from ANYONE that thought he was good enough to be our first choice centre defender. Just so I can call them a liar :icon_mrgreen:

I didn't call him one of worst ever players but he didn't look anywhere near the player we see now, despite having lightning pace he just looked gaffe ridden and lacked concentration.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    AwesomeCaz, Hammer :56:

I called Kelvin Wilson the worst regular defender I've ever seen for Celtic.

Now? He's slapped me in the * face.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

I remember when he first signed for Celtic, I backed him while he was receiving criticism before he played his first game. I said that Lennon must really have saw something in him from his time as player/coach at Nottm Forest.

That view changed however when Wilson actually played...and played TERRIBLY!

This season has been a monumental upturn in this guy's moral and performances. I am genuinely delighted to see such a remarkable transformation in him - and he genuinely looks like our number one central defender imo.

Long may it continue.

He genuinely does resemble Rio Ferdinand a bit with his playing style.

10. Heb Celt

From zero to hero in a few months,so good having a solid dependable backline at last.

11. idlewildered

and several options to boot!

After Matthews performance on Wednesday, Izzy is going to have to work his * off post injury.

12. Paul McAuley

Nah "Ark!!!" Kelvin is the new Rio

13. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Has come a long long way. Looked like playing for Celtic was too much for him last year, now looking every inch the player Neil said we'd be signing.

Whether it's just settling down in his 2nd season or being more comfortable with his partnership in the back I don't know but pleased he's proved everyone wrong, myself included.

14. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Was Roy Hodgeson at the game?

15. Sonny7

Guys been a brick wall this season. Well done to him.

16. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Nope he decided to watch all the Brazilian at Stamford Bridge instead.
    Good choice as Oscar defo deserves a spot over Hooper :56:

On Kelvin, I thought he was good at first and couldn't understand the slating he got, then his confidence and thereform form dipped and I thought "yeah, he's not doing brilliant actually" but I never wanted him out of the club and I certainly never thought he was anywhere near our worst defenders ever.
    Since the summer he's obviously had a good break, got great confidence from Lennon who must be the best motivator in football now, and has been sensational without ever looking back.

17. shaunybhoy9

I really wasn't keen on him untill the game against Spartak and since then hes been great. I don't panic as i used to when he was on the ball. Keep it up big man :50:

18. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I thought he was an imposter last season, serious turn around, fair play to him.

19. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He did look a bit lost at times last season with a lack of awareness I thought but this year he has been a real rock. I think a lot of it has to do with the partership of him and Ambrose they seem to communicate really well and understand where the other is and what they are doing.

20. smithy18

I'd say it's more the fact he never really played for a season and a half before he came to us through injury and a count of a manager so he wasn't fit and was off the pace with games then there is the injuries he picked up here which stopped him in his tracks really