1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'World Football' started by TAB, Jan 3, 2012.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEoghainn

I agree with those who've suggested Forster's had a poorer season compared to last.

I'm sure many on the squad can say that.

Still, though ... he's still unquestionably talented with a multi-million pound transfer fee on his head.

Nothing but upside.

2. Glorious1967

Cash in on him now, the defence is the best its looked since the MON days domestically anyway, dunno what he would be worth but go with 6/7 million, add it to the so called 6 million Lennon claims we have to spend on a striker and buy 2 top class strikers and a proper number 10, play Zaluska for the rest of the season and find a new number 1 in the summer.

3. Larsson93

Weird thing about Forster is that he is actually quick to get down but * at coming for crosses :smiley-laughing002:

4. Mark1978

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    forster? yeah, he's a good keeper-great? no. Receive a bid of £6+ million grab it. Boruc was a far better keeper.

5. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ah here, do not agree at all

What did Boruc do that Forster couldnt?

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Command his box and come off his line for crosses for starters..

Strangle anyone who got cheeky,own players or not and blessed himself at ibrox and created a hatred from the dead mob like never before :50:

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Boruc could also shout at his defence.

You'd think that Forster was a deaf mute.

8. Mark1978

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    You beat me to it guys :50:

9. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

its best if he moves on

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    6 foot 7 and he's shy as * to come off his line and give anyone a rollicking..

He's got some great attributes but I've never seen a bigger * in my life as a goalkeeper of his frame..

11. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Boruc flapped at many a cross like Forster, a flaw of both tbh. Both we on the to do better list. Forster gets more flak because he is taller but case in point is who has all the clean sheet records for Celtic and SPL? Boruc was no doubt top class but Forster is just as good as he has yet to hit his peak

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Probably my biggest gripe with Forster, and the thing that is holding him back from being a truly exceptional world class goalkeeper is his inabilty to command his goal line aerially.

He's 6'7 standing up - so I'd assume that he'd be.....what....almost 11-12feet tall with his hands up jumping?

:31::31::31:

13. Mr. Slippyfist

For me Dempsey, Boruc could probably pull off a save or two that Forster wouldn't be able to - that truly world class save that you only see from continental goalkeepers.

Forster though is by far the more all round keeper in terms of steadyness and composure.

Both are * woeful at commanding their boxes though - Forster comes off worse because of his size imo.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Also, Boruc was sensational at the "Peter Schmeicel" spread when he was faced one-on-one with an attacker.

15. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hindsight is an exact science but the fall of Craig Gordon is both stunning and tragic. I hope he can get back to playing football. Celtic, obviously, got their assessment right and long may that continue

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I know mate,I've seen boruc make a few blunders,over confidence and slackness 2 weaknesses that could creep into his game..
    He isn't the best at coming for crosses we've ever had but he's night and day compared to Forster..
    I do rate boruc higher,at his peak he was truly one of the best in Europe/the world I think..

Exactly the same as me bud,holding his career if anything back big time..
    Why it's not being worked on is beyond me as it's something he hasn't sorted out and been confident in in 3 years,teams like Motherwell with higdon and the likes would always stick big floaters up as they knew it was a weakness,* even that borat mob resorted to there only tactic of everything from throws,freekicks,goal kicks into our 6 yard box that nearly left us with abit of wrigley's egg on our faces..

17. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The "star-fish" served them both well. I dont agree that Boruc could do saves that Forster couldnt because they are both weak at crosses but good at 1v1. Forster has performed a mark better in UCL matches tbh. One is more eccentric than the other and that was the main difference in reputation i think. The holie-goalie * gave Boruc a cult status that wasnt defined by performance. Boruc was very poor in his final 2 seasons at Celtic, it was horrific at times.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, it puzzles the life out of me as well, considering Stevie Woods is (by all accounts) a fantastic goalkeeper coach.

I think that type of quality is something that you must possess. I actually think that Forster is a bit "too nice" for his own good - he should be * steamrolling EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in his way, even if it includes his own players.

Only on two occassions have I ever seen him look enraged or look like he was ready to "hulk out" and that was when he saved THAT penalty v Hearts, or when he had somecunt by the throat last season :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AyQFNt9YO...1600/april+fools+turd+in+toilet+dr+heckle.jpg

can't say i blame him for not coming out

:86:

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Have to disagree with you there mate, I defintiely think some of Boruc's best saves he made, Forster could not match because Boruc's reactions were quicker than big Forster's.

Also, I'm taking into account this without even thinking of his "cult" status :50:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goocs_eoz_Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goocs_eoz_Q[/ame]