1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

Aye that cereal bar is the green light for your body to start it's craving.

I love it tbh as I eat 2 1000kcal meals a day and then that's me done.

I dunno how I would cope eat 600kcal in a day on 5:2 :smiley-laughing002:

2. TimFloyd Gold Member

Good stuff man, aye bread/pasta does that to me as well.

You getting along to the gym or going out runs etc?

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Nah mate running is pretty much finished for me me now, ankle is in too bad nick waiting on getting to the physios. Went hill sprinting laat week for the first time in ages, could hardly walk the next day foot was in agony. Don't get much time for the gym so just do ton of press ups, dips, got a pull up bar in the house and x2 40+lbs of dumbells in the house I do some arm and shoulder work with, and my personal favourite is using them for a bit of shadow boxing ala rocky balboa style :D

4. TimFloyd Gold Member

Nice one, aye same my knees get * with running.

Those pull up bars are great pieces of kit just for blasting out a few reps every time you pass. :icon_mrgreen:

5. Seosamh Máirtín

Hurt my hand and wrist the other weekend, which has been holding me back. I've come to the conclusion that my hands are just too weak. Does anyone know of any exercises designed specifically for enhancing your strength?

6. Sonny7

Loads a wanking:50:

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    My brother used to have this Bruce Lee book that went into all the exercises he used to do for his forearms. I will ask him if he can remember which one it was.

8. Seosamh Máirtín

9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Pretty sure it was this one mate.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Expressing-Human-Body/dp/0804831297/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=thebiomanet-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=34LDYJEBV44SPQZO&creativeASIN=0804831297"]The Art of Expressing the Human Body: Bruce Lee, John Little: 8601401873037: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ye2cF4sFL.@@AMEPARAM@@41ye2cF4sFL[/ame]

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    So far so good with my 5:2 diet. Started to eat from 9 till 5 every day so that's me doing the 16/8. I'm going to keep doing that on the fast days as well by just having small snack 9am and 12pm having a mushroom omelette or something for dinner followed by a home made almond milk, blueberry, whey protein smoothie. 500 cals over the day.

It's going well. Weigh in day Monday and I think I'm down 2 Ibs since monday 1st June :celt_2:

11. Joe T

just an update from when i started this thread...........lost over a stone.........put it back on....lost half a stone.....put a 1/4 of it back on......................still a lazy skinny fat *!

12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    :smiley-laughing002:

I'm praying my weight stays the same tomorrow as if it does I was 10st 0.8 on Monday and according to the scale this morning I'm 9st 11.0 Ibs :celt_2: I could feel it falling off over the week. Mind you I've been on the exercise bike for 25 mins every night and hula hooping for 10 mins. Three nights of the week I was doing beginners kettle bells to a video on you tube.

I ate 500 cals Monday and Wednesday and for the rest of the week I was allowed up to 1650...that will be reduced tomorrow to slightly compensate for the weight loss. I followed a 16/8 routine not eating after 5pm until 9am with an 8 hour window for eating normally. I only found it difficult in the morning as I was dying for a cuppa from 7 until 9! I can't take tea without semi skim milk and I didn't want to * up my fast :rolleyes:

3.2Ib loss since Monday is amazing :celt_2:

13. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Well done :50: I dropped under 13 stône this week for the first time :50: need to kick on and get to 10

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It's a psychological thing isn't it :celt_2: once you see yourself under a 13 stone it's like hey ho here we go. I loved seeing that 9 in front again :celt_2: I set a goal for 9st 3 Ibs but I think I would really like to be 8 and half. I figure I should make my goals smaller and maybe I will get there.

15. Joe T

well done:50:

when i lost the weight i just cut out the drink and sweets. and went for a mile run every night. then i thought i had cracked it and started putting it back on haha.

16. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

That's the problem with diets Joe you lose it and go back to bad habits. 5:2 is different as it's like resetting your thinking and the way your body takes in food. You can get used to a routine that's flexible and live with it. I have my 500 days on Mon and Wednesday but In reality I can make it any two days of the week I want if I'm going somewhere that I know I will eat more than usual.

According to the folk on the 5:2 forum it's not really about exercise when we try to lose weight. It's great for toning and they recommend weight training as opposed to cardio as they say building muscles is much more effective. It's also their theory that you can lose weight even if you're a couch potato as long as you stay within the TDEE and the 500/600 cals two days a week. The talk is that it really is down to what you eat, how and when you eat.

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Fecks sake you were some size baby Eddie !

18. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

:smiley-laughing002:

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yep 3 Ibs lost since last Monday :celt_2: On a 500 day and going for a day out with mum wish me luck in sticking to it :smiley-laughing002:

20. 703Bhoy

Anyone ever do DDP Yoga? That * is a great workout. Lost 6lbs since starting last Tuesday and the workouts a pretty challenging.