1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon: "fans let us down"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sween, Dec 16, 2011.

Discuss Neil Lennon: "fans let us down" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    Funny how Lennon is a hero now to those who wanted his * out the door a few months ago......a few anti Republican words and all is forgiven.

Lennon Out.

2. Lubofan 81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    This 'fans who supported him most' type of feeling may be causing some resentment. As far as i'm aware ALL Celtic fans supported Lennon last year. I don't think saying 'we were the most supportive of fans backing him' can justifty the daft timing of that banner a couple of days after getting fined. Its just asking for more trouble. Lennon could have done without the spelling dig but hes rightly annoyed that more cash that could go towards a new players wages will go towards another fine. Any banners made should have been about how we back the team and will continue to do so no matter what. Also anyone going to a match where there rules against flares should maybe not take flares.
    This is just my opinion and anyone can disagree. I'm done with this thread as i don't like the division on here. We should all be focused on beating St Johnstone tomorrow and not on battling Uefa or each other

3. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The same fans who never wanted him as manager in the first place and wanted him sacked after every disappointing result.

He won't take my support for granted again, I'll be the first calling for the ginger Judas to go if he * up again!

4. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    So if we win the league and Lennon stays on what will you do? You seem pretty committed mate.

You wont be celebrating us winning the title will you? You will still be seething I guess.

5. Markybhoy

Och give it up man.

I bet you thought Neil Lennon was great up until 2 days ago and now because he's called out a few dickheads who made a stupid banner you want him sacked?

If I have to choose between Neil Lennon and the '* UEFA' mob I know who's side I'll be taking.

6. Artur Boruc #1

I'm on the side of my fellow supporters side on this occasion I'm afraid.

But to clarify I'm still behind Lennon the manager I don't want him sacked. What I will say though is the next time he gets slated for poor results I won't be anywhere as quick to defend him as I have done so often in the past. And I'd be lying if I said that these comments that he made, as well as the comments he made a few weeks ago about the support, haven't disappointed me immensely, because they have.

7. marsh22

.uck uefa and .uck lenny

8. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    Check out some of the threads from a couple of months ago.....He was called all sorts of names not worthy of repeating. I supported him 100%.

9. Shepard

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wolfetones - Celtic Symphony
    This is proper madness. :56:

A guy get's rightly banned for life for attacking a steward during a match, and the use of an inappropriate flag (wether you agree with it or not). Lennon then goes on to say how he's rightly dissapointed but throws an unneccasary jibe ( Agree it was uncalled for but probably a heat of the moment thing) at said perpetrators and the whole thing goes bonkers.

I'm still getting to grips with all that's being said on here and I'm actually astounded at some posts. Calm the * down, it's Christmas ffs.

By the time tomorrow and the 28th hits we'll all be one big happy family again who'll proceed to get behind our team as they prepare to give the Orcs a winter humping they deserve. :50:

10. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    Unless he comes out and apologises, which wont happen, he is finished with me. I dont want him anywhere near CP.

Look back at my pro Lennon posts. He has torn me in two. Celtic come before him. We have enough Uncle toms who are embarrassed by our great club.

11. Markybhoy

Well at least that is slightly more rational than just saying Lennon out.

Look, I think it is regrettable that Neil Lennon made the comment about the fans being able to spell. I really think he should apologise for that quip, it was uncalled for.

However, if he chooses not to apologise for it I am not going to turn against him. That man is Celtic to the core and put his life on the line last season to manage the club. It will take a * of a lot more than one careless remark to turn me against Neil Lennon.

12. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    :50::shamrock:

13. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    It was not a heat of the moment comment, the video is on the BBC & STV. He said it very calmly and was a * about it IMO.

14. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    Your right, I loved the man...or what I though he was. he is nothing more than an Uncle Tom...towing the Boards party line. A disgrace to Celtic and should leave now.

15. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Thats fair enough. People are allowed to be angry or upset with what he said. Im not, I agree, but that is also my right.

To suggest that he is anything but 100% committed to Celtic is wrong. Im a Celtic fan, ST holder and share holder. I disagree with the UEFA Banner and I would be very * off if someone said to me that I was no longer welcome at my club, as some have been saying about Lennon, simply because he doesnt want our club getting in trouble.

I have also criticised his decision making in recent times and will do so again. But that is because I want a successful side. Silly protests like the UEFA Banner can only harm our club, regardless of intentions, and the people criticising Lennon should really be looking at the fans involved and asking if it was the sensible thing to do. I dont think it was. It has caused a divide in the support that is saddening to me.

16. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Am right behind you 100% on this comment.

17. shiltrum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Berite Auld Legend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SURITZZZZZA

18. Shepard

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wolfetones - Celtic Symphony
    * * mate, do you really feel that way?

That's sad. I can already see your gutted about what he said, but c'mon mate. Take some chill out time and reevaluate how you really feel.

Frankly I refuse to believe you can turn on the man so much over one jibe at some fannies who did a pretty *'ish thing to be frank.

I refuse to believe the jibe was aimed at the entire GB, because Lenny has said more often than not how great the GB are, and how they bring a fantastic atmosphere to our stadium.

I think he was just upset because the situation overlooked what I agree was a pretty good performance that night.

19. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The fact that he even mentioned spelling is a * disgrace. What the * was he thinking? Think how many young fans that might be struggling with dyslexia or other learning difficulties, then this * is having a jibe through the media about spelling. :31:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
  20. shiltrum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Berite Auld Legend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SURITZZZZZA
    Well it does not read like Celtic with the * you spout, by the by when I am sitting in my seat and hear a croak from Row Z I'll know it's you and have a wee chuckle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.