1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Udinese vs. Celtic 15/12/11

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CelticMorocco, Dec 10, 2011.

Discuss Udinese vs. Celtic 15/12/11 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KevMan

Really good performance tonight!

Now lets bring the title home, and then concentrate on the Champions League next season :50:

2. gunt

Maj was actually good tonight. He is in good form

3. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    I thought at the start of the group stages we would be struggling to pick up any points so considering the situation we are in we have to consider this a decent effort with 7 pts. Really proud of the bhoys and thought the first half was top drawer for us.

Big negative for me tonight isn't really going out, but Scott Brown. Wow. Really woeful performance tonight in my opinion. Truly awful. His lack of passing and general footballing technique seems magnified in these big games where possession is so important. He cannot pass water, and realistically the main contribution he made tonight was fouling players - if you can even call that a contribution. Kayal was annoyed when he was taken off because he knows it should've been Brown getting the hook but he was untouched purely because he's the captain. I don't know if he's not fit or i am being harsh but i genuinely think we are a better footballing side without him in the side. Other standout (positive) performances for me were, Forster, Forrest, Samaras - with wanyama, and actually big dan having good solid performances too.

Bottom line, this europa league campaign has NOT had an overall negative effect on our team or league as we will really start to improve further now we are out. Any rangers fan without their blue tinted specs and a decent footballing brain will see that Celtic will do well on the 28th. :50:

4. HendyBhoy!

Big FF played a blinder !

5. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    he was match fit, he is just not a good player

6. C2911

Pretty sure that other than Arsenal we're the only team to get a point in Udine this season. Quite the achievement.

7. Shane1888

Majstorovic should be void of abuse. He never put a foot wrong again tonight and after the stick he's been given over the past year or so, he deserves some credit when he eventually does start performing to a high standard.

8. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Just didn't happen for us. Move on.

9. FlaviusMecurius

With Udinese' goal i know DiNatale was offside in the first phase but he was passive he was onside when he scored tho' was he not?

10. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Don't know if lenny was watching the same game but brown was atrocious, the others he mentioned did well. In fact the whole team played reasonably well apart from Brown who was terrible, kayal who was just invisible and cha who well i don't know what to say, he cannot defend to save himself.

11. The The Hand

Absolutely * unbelievable. :31:

The guy has a blind spot the size of a cow's * when it comes to Brown.

Which gives me slight hopes that he might select a cow's * instead, by mistake. :rolleyes:

I say it again - unbe-*-lievable. :38::38::38:

12. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Agree but some people obviously have their hate figures and they see everything done by certain players as being pure * etc.

Everyone agrees I think Brown and Cha were poor tonight but not as bad as some would have us believe

13. smithy18

disagree kayal was invisible and was pussying out of challenges again and showed no drive what so ever

14. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    A decent showing in Europe by a team who were expected to fail spectacularly but were actually unlucky and you get the usual moaning faced * who cant wait to apportion blame on their favourite targets. Accept it, we punched above our weight in the competition and this can only augur well for the future with quite an inexperienced side

15. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    lol at the 6, yes SIX, officials not noticing that
    a) their goal was offside
    b) an Udine guy handballed it, blatantly, in the box at the end
    c) Cha is not Scott Brown

:56::31::54:

The only thing Cha and Broony have in common is they're both terrible at football.

Oh well, we were never gonnna win this, and didn't even deserve to be in it in the first place so we've got some money and experience out it, and can now focus on winning the domestic treble - which we really can do.

My motm tonight - Forster - I thought he had 3 or more really top saves, and didn't make 1 single error except for one poor clearance kick which wasn't disastorous.
    Sammy was great in 1st half but didn't turn up second half and Forrest was really good at times but just felt he could have stayed on his feet and released the ball a second earlier at times.

All round, a good performance by the bhoys against the best team in Italy - a league about 1249297354239745973249732497234 times better than the SPL.
    We're obviously not Irish because we haven't an ounce of luck at all, ever!!!

16. FlaviusMecurius

Maj was badly let down tonite by both full backs i thought the big man was solid and depnable tonight a few key tackles and blocks throughout the course of the game

17. KEANE07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    What a hard group. I honestly believe that the 4 teams in our group would've qualified out of any other group. I mean, compare it to Birmingham's with Brugge, Braga and Maribor. We can be so proud of our effort and if we play like that we will not just win the league but we will also be playing Champions League football next season.

Udinese are one of the top teams is Europe, as are Athletico, and as are Rennes to a certain extent. As someone else pointed out, Athletico were the only team to beat us.

We may feel a bit down right now but I promise we will be celebrating on the 28th.

Hail, hail

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Thier goal was a mile onside.

19. tofer67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Well done Celtic, was a good showing from us. Fraser Forster was outstanding, he's 100% better away from Parkhead without the idiots shouting and balling at him constantly. Sammy was brilliant up until the goal when i feel he thought he'd done his shift for the night. Second half a few players went missing. I'm surprised the mix-up with the yellow card went our way in the end. Lets win this league now Bhoys :50:

20. Jhaf Gold Member Gold Member

Those officials behind the goal are absoultely * useless and complete waste of space. Who the *'s idea was it to install them