1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TWO ARRESTS AT GAME . OR MEDIA BULLSHIT

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by cel674life, Oct 30, 2011.

Discuss TWO ARRESTS AT GAME . OR MEDIA BULLSHIT in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Aldobaldo

As for the 2 people being arrested I don`t know but yet again the Police who are meant to protect the public yesterday put many people in danger with over agressive and antagonistic behaviour. I don`t wish for this to happen but at some point situations like yesterday could lead to riots (for the law lurkers this is my opinion and not me encouraging this sort of action).

They created a poisonous atmosphere in response to their actions , not only amongst the GB but by a large number of supporters near myself and judging by the reaction of those in the vicinity. Time and time again this season the Police have inflamed a situation which is of a carnival atmosphere into one of near riots.

Funnily enough given the event which preceeded yesterdays game then they have only heightened my will to support FAC. Their was a peaceful protest in George Square and given the increased oppostion to the government legislation, the foolish actions taken by the Police yesterday was only going to result in one thing.

As for the papers carrying this story, did they by any chance take time to assess the arrests at many other matches over the weekend or are they being used as propoganda for the Scottish Government.

2. tofer67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That is not journalism, that is nothing but vile hatred from whoever the C*NT was that wrote this.

3. Aldobaldo

None other than Tom English, Craig Whyte Apologist with his front-loaded warchest.

4. Martano

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing.
    It's disgusting that this sort of behaviour is tolerated by our government. It's our tax money that pays for these measures as well.

5. mack1888

Wonder if the paper would be calling the blue order angry songs of William. * doubt it. Once again, they try to have a dig with the Irish thing and we can't complain because 'it was just a joke on the writer's part'.

Last season going to one of the cup semis against Aberdeen a bunch of boys were singing going past the police station near Hampden and the boy in blue told them to shut up because he didn't want to hear it or he would arrest them. Really despise the police now at games.

On the walk from the FAC protest we were near Parkhead and when people tried to cross over (as you do) they were told to get back and we were hemmed in. The police were definitely trying to get arrests the whole of yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if they were told to do so by their bosses.

6. Do the Broony

The police have become far too political. Ever since the summit, the Police have become desperate to prove how much they are needed in the "fight against sectarianism". Arrests (even if they are let go in the morning) are a way to show it.

It's a dangerous time to be a football supporter. Sit down, shut up and don't move a muscle, and you may not get arrested.

7. drumcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    gary hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    any
    After the aberdeen game last week i was right next to the away fans, on the way out there was no seperation apart from one police officer on a horse it was a potential flash point C.T.I.D

8. Sween

Regardless of what actually happened the fact 0.004% of a stadiums supporters getting arrested is really neither here nor there.

9. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLKYeUHNPg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Found that there's a few along the side aswell.

10. dmac

think fans will have to take video cameras to games and start to film the harrasment from police and stewards.

11. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I couldn't believe the behaviour of the police a total disgrace.

12. Clondara Dave

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coronation cup song
    If anyone is thinking of doing this then they should be extremely carefull, if the peelers catch you filming them then there is a good chance you will be arrested, probably charged under the prevention of terrorism act and held without charge for a few days :47:

Police state not too far away in scotland

13. Efe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't know what happened but I saw some police go into the Green Brigade end.

14. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough

You can't be arrested under the prevention of terrorism act you can be questioned under it but not arrested it would take something significantly more than filming to do that.

You can be asked to put the camera away as your on private property and that is what would most likely lead to arrests.

15. Clondara Dave

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coronation cup song
    Well I was standing on the footpath outside my house two Easters ago when the street filled with peeler jeeps, I went to take a picture and was told in no uncertain terms that if I did I would be in the back of one of the jeeps!

16. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Celtic should be making a a statement supporting the rights of fans or there will be no fans going to games.

17. The The Hand

To be honest, the police are in general just thugs in a uniform.

I have zero trust in them, zero.

18. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    They were bluffing you mate. :50:

The police can look at your phone to see what you've filmed and ask you to delete any suspicious pictures but they can't arrest you for just taking a picture because it's in a public place...

19. Clondara Dave

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coronation cup song
    Well when there is 18 of them all holding sub-machine guns you don't take any pictures.

There was a facebook closed down that was set up to highlight RUC brutality earlier this year and asked people to post pictures of any incidents of heavy handed policing in the North of Ireland, they said this was putting there officers in danger and could be construed as aiding terrorism, photo's were all taken in public places.

20. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Brother sits up that way and said the police were absolute dixkheads. Very heavy handed and pretty much ended up chasing some of the lads out afterthe game.

* wanks