1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Team failure is all due to Lennon

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by justice, Oct 29, 2011.

Discuss Team failure is all due to Lennon in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    lennys been coaching at nottm forrest, asst to wgs, and coach of the reserves at celtic

thats not to mention his probationary time after mowbray where he won EVERY LEAGUE MATCH

2. Breenzo

And yet, here we are.

3. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    all im sayin is that many clubs will bring in an untried manager

lenny was a gamble YES, but many other clubs in time gone by have done that as well AND BEEN SUCCESSFUL:50:

4. UncleHo

Ah really? that excellent loyalty that see's you slate your own players in the media.

He may as well be blind folded and do numbers for the team next week. Might actually win a game

5. tofer67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm not sure if this had been brought up on here before but I have heard from several people that Lenny and Thompson turned up to training one day stinking of booze and some of the players complained - one of them being Commons apparently. Has he lost the dressing room, I'm starting to think so and I wonder if this rumour would have anything to do with it.

6. Breenzo

There have been several variations of this story mentioned on here, but they all boil down to Lenny and Thompson being pished and Commons speaking out. Whether you believe it or not is down to a gut feeling I guess. Tell youy what though, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Celtic dressing room just now.

7. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Spot on mate. I've been saying for a while that this was inevitable when you have a rookie manager, rookie assistant, rookie coaches, rookie players and a rookie on loan keeper.

Not one person involved in the football side has seen much success in their current job descriptions. Some of them have seen the glories as players, but not as management. None of the players, to my mind, have been in consistent successful teams.

It's a * tradgedy. We're all partly to blame, as we all thought Lennon was a good idea. Unfortunate it is, that everyone in the World has a first class degree in Hindsight. Letting someone loose on the Celtic team while "Cutting thier teeth" was always going to end in tears. A club of our size, featuring in a two horse race, when the other horse has been running with two of thier legs tied together for four years, demands success. Adn demands it instantly. May be unfair, but it is the reality. It's not a hard thing to do. A severely handicapped Rangers have been doing it for four years now.

8. sdickson

its time for change its not working and it never will under lenny now,we must get a new experieced manager now someone who can tactically change games cos lenny cant should never have gave him the job in the first place

9. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pretty much what everybody connected to the Scottish game has been telling us, in the media, from the terraces, to the death threats - that Lennon is the root of all evil, he must be the devil incarnate... and you jknow what? Despite all of that Lennon brought back pride and a sense of unity. Now, all those are willing to stab him in the back. Well, count me out. This thread stinks of a lynching and I will not be part of it.

Neil Lennon is the manager of Celtic and I will support and defend him until either he steps aside or is actually replaced. There is more going on with our club than just the results on any given Saturday.

10. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    My heart wants to agree with this because I love Lennon but then I wonder if he should be judged on results like every other manager we've had. Being successful at Celtic means getting results.

Lennon has my backing until the end though, that's for sure.

11. justice

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paolo Di Canio, Kenny Dalglish and Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Spot on!

12. 180

I don't understand, everyone slated TM, wanting him out like no tomorrow, yet not the same for Lennon? Is this season not a worse start than TM's? Why is Lennon given special treatment? He WAS a fantastic Celtic player, he ISN'T a fantastic Celtic manager. NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!

13. Markybhoy

Well done Neil. The doubters are all kissing your * now and rightly so. :shamrock:

14. AllanBhoy

:31::56::31::56::31::56::31::56:

15. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    gloat thread-resurrections are fun.

16. Markybhoy

Guilty as charged.

I'm just so happy for Neily. And I make no apology for it.

17. lethal_kizzle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt, Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    GIRFUY to the OP! So happy we won the league today and if we keep this team together, with a few additions we can go very far!! The futures bright, the huns are *, * the orange it's green and white!!

18. jonbhoy1990

humble pie anyone?? :celt_2:

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

It was never in doubt

20. weefergus

Fav Celtic Player:
    Izzy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    FIELD OF DREAMS AN GORTA MOR

And right up you again :31:

Thank * we are the best team in Scotland :50: