1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic players Past & Present you have seen/met (outside of celtic park)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Nolan96, Oct 25, 2011.

Discuss Celtic players Past & Present you have seen/met (outside of celtic park) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic/cville

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eddie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Any jinky songs
    In 87 brian mcclair and mark mcghee came over to my primary school st.malachys.mcghee was 1st class but mcclair was bit dry and cheeky as if he wanted to be elsewhere and he was couple of days later to man utd.met john hartson twice and he was sound,plenty of time for people has bbj,also met petrov,larsson,sutton,mcstay and rogan.

2. Hooperman88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently Joe Ledley, of all time - Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You are my Larsson
    Hooper, Kayal, Ledley, Forster, Fortune, Lennon, McManus, JVOH, Balde and McGeady

3. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Was working in a bar in Portugal over the summer and met Scott Brown, Mark Wilson, Charlie Mulgrew, Jos Hoiveld and Paddy McCourt.. some laugh they were :icon_mrgreen:

4. geo

yeah but what state was burley in though? lol :56:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
  5. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Billy McNeil, Tommy Burns, Jimmy Johnston, Bertie Auld, John Divers (taught me economics), Frank McAvennie, Neil Lennon, Paul Lambert & Murdo McLeod.

6. geo

seen paul lambert in front of me in the queue for a common airline company, for the sake of interest we'll call it brian air!

7. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Met big Pat Bonner up in donegal (outside Daniel O Donnells Hotel) with the whole Celtic youth team, was probally back in 98 or something

8. Muzzabhoy

Izzy, kayal, maj, Forrest, rogne and in town I've walked past Stephen McManus and skippy. Didn't quite know what to say to them haha

9. hihat

Also me and my sister had our pictures taken with Jinky when we were kids. My sister kissed him on the cheek. My Dad was well chuffed with the experience of his children meeting one of his heroes.

10. antokerr1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    all time=henke..present=Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    haha i was gonna write the same thing,davie hay was with them as well.was it not st.colmans though?

11. 30stm87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing.
    Rab Douglas, Neil Lennon, Shaun Maloney, Chris Sutton, John Hartson, John Kennedy, & Ross Wallace

12. Casual Bhoy

Tommy Burns, Larsson, Thompson, Tommy Boyd, Lennox and McNeill.

13. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Met Henrik on a floorball game in my hometown, a real gentlemen.. he asked me "Are you a Barca fan?" and i said "No, i support the Bhoys!".. got to love hes reactions after i said that, he talked about some great memories

14. celtic/cville

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eddie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Any jinky songs
    Your write mate was st.colmans.Anton rogan came to st.malachys a year later

15. dave_mck

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA/Let the people Sing
    Met Paul Lambert outside the ground a good few years ago was in the middle of signing my top his phone went and he buggered off, so i have half a Paul Lambert signature on my top lucky me!!

16. Gary_92

Met Neil Lennon about 9 years ago- his hair was peroxide blond, thats how long ago it was. We hung about outside CP all day for him, then eventually he walks out with the denim jacket on and I got his autograph anad photo with him ,as well as a 5 minute chat.

17. Stan Petrov

Met King Henrik in Glasgow years ago, was so,so happy, i'll cherish that moment for the rest of my life.

Met Billy McNeil in asda.

Met Thommo in Glasgow

Met JVOH at glasgow airport

Paul Hartley in Edinburgh.

Met big Bobo in Glasgow too.

18. Ki Bhoy

Sat beside and talked with Ronnie Simpson on the train to Glasgow to the game.

Lubo and Dmitri Kharine at Dublin airport, also Tommy Gemmell was on my flight to Dublin at a later date.

Tommy Boyd in the Celtic end at Kilmarnock.

:bbpd:

19. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    When I was a bhoy Ceasar brought the centenary team into mass down the coast - I think it was either Rue or Helensburgh - never said 'peace be with you' so many times in one mass. :icon_mrgreen:

Not long after that myself and some the lads also met a good few of the bhoys, over two separate occasions after training - I think we were * school :icon_mrgreen:

I'm sure I can remember Paul McStay, Anton, Mark McGhee, Dziekanowski, Fulton, Mike Galloway, Joe Miller, Martin Hayes, Derek Whyte, Peter Grant, Roy Aitken and some others as well.

I'm sure I still have an old t-shirt somewhere that has a few sigs on it from one of those days!

I also met Paul McStay in town one day outside M&S on Argyle St. What a gentleman! He also became one of my clients years later when I worked in advertising and he was running his business at the time - can't recall the business name, although I think it was an IT company of sorts.

Another time I saw Larsson, Brattback and Riseth in town at the Italian Centre, although I was driving and couldn't stop as I would have caused a crash - was tempted nonetheless :icon_mrgreen:

I also saw Mahe in Queen Street station and gave up my parking space for Lubo one time - again it was around Italian Centre / George Square.

A few years back I had the odd night out with the bhoys, having worked at the ticket office, had a right good chin wag with MON and also Tom Boyd at one and met Sutty, Lenny and a few others.

Met Agathe outside CP and got my Hoops signed by Henke right after his last league game - the one with all the tears!

I also saw Thommo heading towards Queen Street station one night on the way home from work. Again wanted to stop but was far too likely to have caused a crash, so had to keep going (thinking about it though, do these sightings really count? I'll say yes :icon_mrgreen:)

Most recently I met Big Billy again, at the Ashoka at The Mill over Darnley way. He was out with his family. I was staring for ages but didn't speak to him or ask for the photo until he was finished of course - was hoping to get the wee fella into the pic as well but he was out of sight in their soft play at the time!

I think that's it, at least that's what I can remember anyway - the years have taken their toll :56:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  20. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    ive met a good few over the years.

the late Willie O'Neill was in bairds the weekend after we last won the league up at tannadice. got to hold his european cup winners medal! was a real honour, * rest his soul!:shamrock:

met dereck riordan, aiden mcgeady and caldwell all in the same night in a nightclub, they werent together, and riordan was by far and away the most down to earth and genuine out the three of them! him , his mates and i were out on the street singing and joking afterwards.

i see dixie deans every other week in my local as well and have got to know him quite well over the last couple of years. hes a gentleman and has some great stories! was telling me all about the time he met bob marley a couple of weeks ago.

my favourite will always be wee Jinky though. my total hero and the most down to earth, warm footballer you could ever meet! RIP wee man! Always in our hearts!:shamrock: