1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What makes you cringe at games?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Champions 67, Oct 23, 2011.

Discuss What makes you cringe at games? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Heard a story a while back, apparently Stan Varga blasted one over, hit some guy and broke his arm! Stan felt so bad about the incident that he took the guy out for dinner!

2. Artur Boruc #1

Can remember something similar happening at the infamous Inverness game last season when two guys were arguing about Samaras.

Scraps in the stands are quite common at away games, it's cringeworthy in the extreme. Only a fortnight ago at Tynecastle you had a wee guy trying to take on everyone in his row after he got stick for breaking a seat.

3. CelticFC1967

True, had a couple of people scrapping at Ross County away of all games!!

4. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    :56:

5. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Know exactly were your coming from I sit there now: and I think that the same woman who at random intervals screams CELTIC! at the top of her voice, * heart attack material... :56:

6. Casual Bhoy

Supporters who moan about the Green Brigade.
    Supporters who moan about rebels being sung but are happly enough to sing Flower of Scotland the following week on International break.
    Watching a heavy police presence around supporters.
    Supporters who will sing the celtic sympathy up until the build up of "oh ah up the ra".
    Supporters who actually believe "oh ah up the ra" as a "add on" when its the original lyric.
    Modern football attitude.

7. JosiahBartlet

Ken what the difference between singing Flower of Scotland and 'ooh ah up the' * 'ra'?

Those days are passed now
    And in the past they must remain

8. Champions 67

and the service for food at parkhead is *:38:

9. MattMcG

The wee guy next to me has a squeaky voice and he forever rants and raves about utter pish. Screaming about conspiracies everytime someone gets flagged offside, no matter if they're 5 yards offside or not. Repeats himself constantly too. It's like, "You've just asked me that 5 times mate, my answer hasn't changed"

10. Sween

People who cannot watch a game of football and support their favourite football team without spouting on about their half baked political notions :50:

11. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    this wee guy that sat behind me last year had one of they * vuvuzelas and i shat myself every time he * used it, wee *

12. PaoloDiCanio

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paolo Di Canio
    * who would give out hand jobs to be part of the Green Brigade.

Cringey cringe cringe.

13. tofer67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Honestly where do you start. Right * behind me on Sunday giving it "3-0 Man City, 3-1 Oh The Comebacks on Haha" all the way up to 6. Then he'll start talking to the lassie next to him talking about whos posted what on facebook since the last home game. This takes us up to about the 30 minute mark, where it begins........

"HOOPER, YER * PISH, HOOPER, * SAKE"

Honestly can't understand these fannies that go to a game to scream at the top of their voice at the team the allegedly support.
    Another 60 minutes of this, great day. Fair enough the odd tut or that with a misplaced pass but come on.

14. odonno

Hahahaha what a fannyballbaggins

15. odonno

What makes me cringe is supporters, that weren't supporters throughout the 90's.... but now see there selfs as better supporters than the ones that sing songs relating to Ireland... self loathing dooshers....:celt_2:

16. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree, in the past I never knew all the words to songs so used a few fillers - fair play to anyone that at least hums a song lol :50:

17. Bunk Moreland

Got to agree with this, I know a load of guys around my age who suddenly became Celtic 'fans' during the Martin O'Neill era when the * were nowhere to be seen throughout the '90s when we were *, they're mostly the ones who take the moral high ground over what songs are sung or what words other Celtic fans choose to describe the Huns and they're ones desperate to portray Celtic as having a whiter than white image.

18. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    u in 123?

19. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    2 old woman about 70 doing the Huddle at Easter Road on Wednesday night. :rofl:

20. Henke102

* in north stand lower, who keep taking ma seat at half time when a go up and talk to ma uncle, friends etc, or they ask me to shift up so they can sit next to their pal, fukin chancers, then you come back down and they ask to see your season ticket. *! Anyone else get this ? Or just me?