1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TREAT OUR MANAGER WITH RESPECT

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CaltonRepublican, Oct 3, 2011.

Discuss TREAT OUR MANAGER WITH RESPECT in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I'm getting a strong sense of de ja vu from this thread. The last time the uber negative brigade were all over the manager like a rash was our 3 in a row season in 07/08. We lagged behind the huns after losing 1 nil to 10 man Motherwell at the start of April and we put in a gargantuan effort to overcome them.

Same set of circumstances now, only we have 7 months of the season left not 7 games.

2. gm777

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Some of the posters on here need to get a grip, its only October ffs, we have still to play rangers three times, win those and we would be two points clear, obviously that is on the assumption we both don't drop points elsewhere but looking at it like that the league is far from over, there is no way they will go the full season not losing any points, they will get arrogant and think the league is done where as our players will know there can be no more slip ups and if they need any motivation look at all the press and so called 'celtic fans' writing them off in October.

As for the Neil Lennon GTF comments that makes me sick, this man has put up with death threats to manage the team he loves and and that is the loyality shown to him by so called 'fans':31: I will go to Kilmarnock, Hibs, Celtic Park anywhere else we are playing and whilst Neil Lennon is our manager he will get my 100% support and I will proudly sing 'there is only one Neil Lennon'.

Most of the blame for the position we are in lies with one man and that aint Neil Lennon it's Peter Lawell, he has survived four managers who failed to win the league with a poor amount of financial backing, people will say look who Lennon has bought but what is our net spend this summer, much less that the 'skint' rangers team spent, why is this? Maybe to do with the fact Peter Lawell bonus is based of profits? We have not spent any money on the defence and keeper that played on sunday.

Rant over but in finishing I will say get behind our manager and at this time it's Neil Lennon and get behind Celtic as we are supposed to be the best fans in the world:54:

3. selbybhoy

People say do not work with friends or family and this is the case here.
    People
    Need to seperate the fact the Lennon is a good guy with all the right intentions and has Celtic at heart.
    The simple fact is he paid a lot of money to mange and manage he is not he took the role knowing the pressures ad knowing what was expected.
    Why the * people are saying get off his back and we are all neail Lennon is total and utter bollox.
    If I was performing like this in my job I would expect some kind of questions to have to answer to .
    As for respect he had it as a player and he has to earn it as a manager

4. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    We need to start backing the manager and the team or we'll never turn it round. There is far too much negativity.

5. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    There's nothing wrong the criticising Lenny's management but personal attacks are out of order.

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Don't forget the addtion of "last manager received death threats and lived in fear daily."

7. MonitorBhoy

Just don't mention the fact that he had 24hour surveilance at his home and also had a "safe house" for his family.

That MIGHT put them off....

8. KEVG

neil lennon has my full respect as a person . what he went through was dreadful .

my gripes with the board , he should never have been appointed.

9. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Do you really believe that?

We all want the best for the club. Sacking Lennon now will solve absolutely nothing, I can't believe there's people that wouldn't give him the opportunity to turn it around after last season.

10. Scotty big Bhoy

Lennon as a player had my utmost respect, Lennon as a person exactly the same, especially after last seasons events and what he and his family were put through, however as a manager he simply isnt performing as he should right now, or getting the players fired up. Ok we have spent next to * all on our defence, but i dont think he is getting the best from the players, or using them to their strengths and thats solely down to the manager. If they were all putting in 100% and Lenny's tactics were sound and we were still losing then so be it, but until we reach that point i thinks its acceptable to question and criticise his management ability. To slate him as a person, or doubt his allegiance to celtic to me is simply hunnish and way out of line. Ok he may not reach the standard of manager we need and he may have to go, but lets not get personal with our insults as CFC means everything to Lenny

11. CelticFC1967

In 07/08 we had a team of fighters with a bulldog spirit - every man willing to put themselves on the line for the cause - people like boruc, caldwell, robson, hartley, JVoH and Mcdonald - all there and fighting for the cause, perhaps not the most talented but they knew how to win, how to grind out results, much like Rangers now. Can you really see any of our players, bar perhaps Kayal, with the same passion, determination and sheer spirit to win football games? Cos I can't and thats why I, and many other fans, feel so negative about the next few months.

12. MTH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Sack him now *, ok just hand the title to the * huns, some of the opinions on here are * disgraceful and exactly how the fukin manky mob act, Blame the board that never invested when we had the great MON, cue WGS same * different pile, again no investment to a an arguably weaker team than MON'S, Mowbary had no chance inheriting that, Lennon has done superb actually amazing with what he's had at his disposal... the manky mob bought jellyfish when reported to be skint for over 4 mill so we buy 2 strikers for that jeez this fight should be directed at those above Lennon, i'll be judging him at the end of the season if common sense prevails and our managers left to do his job, by the way this is just my take on it im no directing this at anyone just saying what i think needs to be said, Board have sat back and engineered this and the fans are the only ones that can maybe make them sit up and take notice. If Lennon got the same finance MON got then i dont think we would be having these threads perhaps

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
  13. Ryan2442

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Hartley, Barry Robson, Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Seems like you don't have any aspirations or expectations in your life !!

Not me mate. I want to win in life & want my team to win !!

And for people like you,

SECOND PLACE IS FIRST LOSER !!

Try this formula & maybe you'll go on to have a great career in what ever field you are in.

Hail Hail:shamrock:

14. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So you are implying Henrik Larsson and co are losers because they were second in the EL? I find that very disrespectful.

And my career is going absolutely great. Thank you very much.

15. Matt_20

I would happily bet money that Larsson feels the exact same way. He always mentions how the UEFA Cup final was his biggest regret of his career.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yeah and that's what everyone on TalkCeltic said with 7 games to go and having just been beaten by 10 man Motherwell :rolleyes:

17. CelticFC1967

I can't speak for everyone but I felt we'd still win the title in 2007/8 - I'd seen how tired a uefa cup run could make a side first hand in 2003 and believed Rangers would slip up. You ignored the rest of my comment.

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I have to say that i want him to see the season out...regardless.If we lose out but put up a fight i will be gutted, but not angry at NL, just disappointed.
    However, seeing the way so many people have turned so quickly against him, makes me firmly believe he is one game away from being out of a job.If he loses the next game....i cant see how he will carry the support, which is his life blood.Or, if he loses again soon and we lose more ground because they havent dropped any, then similarly, i think that will be that.
    I do find it sad so many have turned so quickly.He must now be thinking about how fickle our apparent support for him really was.

19. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    People need to look at this in perspective. Neil is a rookie manager. He has brought in some real quality on a low budget, completely rebuilding a shambolic team inherited from Mowbray. We got to 2 cup finals last season, winning one of them. We lost the league by a point on the last day, having had poor refereeing decisions going against us all season. But more than that, his life is constantly under threat. No other manager in world football has a life threatening job. Lenny is battling clinical depression. This said, I am now starting to question whether or not he is mentally fit to run the club. I have no doubt in his managerial ability, I think he proved this last year. But this year we don't seem to have the passion or fight in the team any more, which is odd because nobody has more passion for Celtic than Lenny. I'm starting to think that the reason the team is doing so poorly is because of Lenny's illness. Look at him at the start of 2011 compared to now. He could have aged 10 years. I was talking about this with my Dad this evening, he suggested that maybe Lenny should take some time off? Not resign/get sacked, but take some leave, because at the moment I don't think his mental health allows him to do the best job he can.

20. lisbonlion11

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    hes not battling clinical depression.. as in its active. He said in his book , he can control it and has done for years. I'm sure lenny himself wouldnt want people to think his job is suffering because of this.

And i don't see that much a difference in his appearance from the start of 2011.. just sayin.