1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Dublin

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by WonderKid7144, Sep 19, 2011.

Discuss Moving to Dublin in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WonderKid7144

Hay everyone i thought id post this up to get a few ideas.

Im 17 in my last year at school in the Scottish highlands (hate the place)
    Although the scenery is amazing and great outdoors im sick fed up of the place...at the moment im planing on doing Camp America for 3-4 months from June 2012 after ive finished school and my great ambition is to travel the world but before i do that i would like to settle somewhere first and same up some money...i would like to move to Dublin, im sure some of you guys must live there already so i ask...whats it like? will it be easy to get work? a flat to live? whats the night life like? and how i should go about doing this?

any info would be much appreciated

Cheers :50: :shamrock:

2. Joe T

i have been to dublin a few times. (not sure if you have yourself)....

i really enjoyed it when i was there and had a few days pished and a few days not.

what i found was obviously its massivley expensive as most capitals are.

however if the wages etc reflect that am sure one of the boys on here will be able to tell you.

from my limited experiance, great nightlife, lovley city, expensive.

good luck for what you decide todo mate:icon_mrgreen:

3. Ammanvalleyjack

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, John Hartson, Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Something Inside So Strong
    5euros a pint of Guinness. Fitzsimmons in Templebar almost fell apart when i and a group of lads went to the bar in 2008 during Wales Grand Slam game against Ireland and asked for 22pints of guinness. they were still pouring them about 40mins later. i almost had a fit when i got the receipt that was long as * not to mention the total! and that was just the first round! poor barmaid.

4. TyroneBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddys your daddy McCourt
    Just spent last week in Dublin. Love the place but my * its expensive.

5. DanniGhirl

If you are planning on living in Dublin, don't plan on being able to save too much money as it is a very expensive city to live in, also the job market is extremely tough just now, unemployment levels in Ireland are currently running at over 14%.

Don't get me wrong, Ireland is a great country to live in, but the cost of living here is very expensive, and although wages are higher than Scotland, they need to be as the cost of everything is so much more expensive.

Saving is very hard as most people I know have very little left from their wages after all the essentials are paid.