1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The board are taking us for fools

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by KEVG, Sep 19, 2011.

Discuss The board are taking us for fools in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DanniGhirl

Knock the caps off please.

2. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    pack in the caps mate!

3. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    hahaha too quick there danni lol

4. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Memo to Peter Lawwell - When was the last time a balance sheet held a trophy aloft. instead of making cheap jokes at rangers the joke is on you.
    This is now 5 SEASONS that this excuse of a defence has been rotten. rangers seem to go out and find defenders and we couldnt pick our noses as well as a defender which brings me onto our scouts. who the * is our chief scout or are we buying defenders from "YouTube" these days. We WONT win the league this year as there are too many shitebags in our side who wont put the boot in. sometimes you need more than skill. It`s going to be another long season.

5. KEVG

we have been screaming out for centre halfs for years now .

theres no excuse that the board ohasnt delivered them

cant believe there are people coming on here defending the board .

we are getting fed a * team week in week out , its been so * long that some people are just prepared to accept it because " we have no debt ".

great we have no debt , but we have no * trophys worth noting. and we have aplayer in that dressing room who look apon it as a stepping stone before they have pulled a shirt on . we have players in that dressing room who should never be wearing a celtic strip.

what we dont have is many players who actually want to play for the club

6. MonTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Totally agree.

7. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    just listening to clyde there and speirs was saying rangers team on sunday cost £19 m to assemble and ours cost less the half that surely thats unacceptable we are in a better financial position than them. * ridiculous our board are penny pinching *

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  8. gary88

put everything i was thinking into words there mate, i'm the same can't believe some people on this board defend the board. So what we have no debt, rangers have alot of debt and have won 3 in a row during it!

9. Sween

In the last three years our net spending has been less than zero. Despite having such a weak defence our last 8 defence signings (including GK) have totalled £600k (all spent on Izzy). I do not understand how this can be anything than scandalous.

Genuine question to those who still dont criticise the board: At what point, if ever, do you draw the line? When we have lost 4, 5, 6 in a row? When we dont spend anyone next year? Or will you never ever criticise them just because they are the celtic board?

10. wulliebad

The celtic board are LEGENDS:bbpd:

11. oh bhoy

does anyone know who is on the celtic board how much they make or what they do ??? i wonder if their pay has mirrored the reduction in the playing staffs wages

I found it very odd that lennon came out with the line about a players sell on value , Also when he talked about celtic's method of signing players he is given a few options for a position then he gets to decide on one

Both of these things seemed logical to me when he said them ,but our decision to sign a player should not be based on how much we can sell him for in the future also how much say does lennon have on the players coming to celtic if he is told to get a player off a predetermined list ?

maybe this is normal i dont know ,it just gives me the impression that lenny was given the job so he would comply with the boards continued downsizing due to his lack of managerial experience he cant really rock the boat and demand more money for players .
    personally i dont think the board and the manager should have a particular harmonious relationship because what each are doing are in direct oppisition .The board will try and reduce costs whereas the manager should be wanting as much money as possible to get better players .There has to be a balancing act and the board are being too proficient at what they do and hiring a novice to manage the team is a perfect example of how well they do their job

12. KEVG

this club is being run on a balance sheet and not for the benefit of the supporter who pumps his hard earned cash into the club

Cash that is a lot harder earned than any member of the celtic directors, management or players will ever know

the time has come we demand something back

13. fiferbhoy

We're second on that score as well, they've actually out spent us these past three years:38:

14. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    I hope we don't go into an everton situation.

15. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Doubtful as we don't have Sir Walter No-Name spending £100million of the banks money that they still have to sell players each season in order to just pay off the interest.
    Where does that remind you of? :rolleyes:

Anyway...
    We need to get our finger out..... this is slowly becoming reminiscent of the early biscuit tin years where we refused to spend money, the Huns did and by the time Fergus had invested sufficiently and got the stadium out of the way...... they did 9 in-a-row.

We don't need to spend £10million a season. But £5million in January this season is the minimum we need to spend.
    Get rid of the duds, lightweights and fakes and get in some quality... not potential.