1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The board are taking us for fools

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by KEVG, Sep 19, 2011.

Discuss The board are taking us for fools in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Anyone!

We should have went for Walter Smith knowing he was out of a job, he would have been better! lol

But seriously, someone who cut their teeth in the lower leagues and moved up the way.

You start at the bottom and climb to the top. Starting at the top does you no favours. It's the climb that makes you who you are.

2. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    MOWBRAY LOL

3. Rosleabhoy

I think the defence with a value of £0 is a bit of a red herring....would we get rid of them all for nothing??

We would be looking for

£1-£2m for Mark Wilson
    £2m for K. Wilson (APPROX IMO)
    Cha circa £1m
    Izzy about £3-£4m (imo)
    Rogne maybe £500-£1m?

Lennon chose to bring in Bangura instead of spending it on the defence...is that the boards fault?

Bearing in mind i reckon we could have got a goalscoring striker form another spl club for a pittance

4. Rosleabhoy

so..who?

5. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    we needed a striker and a CB and honestly I think he had to choose one or the other a net spend of £2m is not enough and the fans are looking more and more at the board

6. Rosleabhoy

I would have signed john Daly from Dundee Utd for a pittance and brought in another centre half...even a solid defender on loan.

7. limezer

This should have be done a couple of seasons ago even Mowbray came out and said the defence was not good enough and the board never helped. they have been counting on Rangers to be gash and its totally back fired as far as im concerned if Samaras is the best we got its going to be 4 in a row.:31:

8. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    it gets worse jon daly seriously ? thats not improving the team he would no more better than murphy ( if we kept him )

9. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    frustrating times mate :31:

10. Rosleabhoy

Daly is far better than Murphy. He would be a short term fix...he scores goals in spl, is mobile and is good in the air.

IMO our need was most at the back.

11. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    shouldnt we have bought both roslea ?

do you think the transfer kitty was adequate this summer ?

12. Rosleabhoy

The transfer kitty is based on what we have available to spend and what the bank will allow us to overspend.

I would love us to spend millions but i'm afraid a lack of euro competition and Lennons own side capitulating at inverness with the title within touching distance hasnt helped.

13. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Frustrated we haven't spent big on the defence and yes the responsibility for that lies with the BOARD.....but the above post is 100% correct, this is the same team that gave Rangers a doining over the whole of last season (cup final aside) therefore the PLAYERS let us down on Sunday not the board....

14. Rosleabhoy

Celtic cannot spend BIG on any player now.

15. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    we had more than £ 2m to spend the fans are being short changed and more and more fans are switching on.celtics biggest season since stopping ten in row if we dont win i will not renew my season tickets and im not the only one

16. DanniGhirl

You see that's one of the things that annoys me most, I don't give a monkey's what the huns have spent, and neither should the board, we should spend what we can afford in order to improve our team regardless of what they spend.

Exactly, it's been obvious for the past 4 years that our defence needed to be improved big style, I find it extremely unlikely that WGS, Mowbray and Lennon have failed to identify this, rather I'd suggest the funds weren't made available and choices had to be made.

It is partly Lenny's fault for making the wrong choices but it is also partly the boards fault for not investing in the two areas of the team that most required attention.

No-one on this thread has asked for the board to throw millions at the squad, what we are saying is that the board is being too prudent and certainly seems to be measuring what we spend based on what the huns are spending instead of what we can afford to spend.

Most Celtic fans I know agree that we needed a target man and another comanding CB during the summer, we got neither by the looks of things, that is partly down to Lenny and partly down to the board imo.

17. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    agree with you there danni :50:

18. hughcairney

DONT CARE ABOUT MONEY BOOK BALANCING PROFIT ETC OUR DEFENSIVE CENTRE BACKS ARE ALL PISH END OF. WE AINT GONNA WIN ANYTHING THIS YEAR .WE CANT DEFEND A CROSSBALL AND THE KEEPER IS A JOKE .ITS BEEN THAT WAY FOR YEARS ITS LIKE A NEVER ENDING VIDEO FREE HEADERS GALORE. A CAN DO BETTER MYSELF AND AM 50 YEARS OLD. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE SPRINGS TO MIND SHAME ON THE BOARD FOR DOIN JACK * TO STOP IT RANT OVER .

19. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Might be the same Celtic team that gave Rangers a do'ing, but it's not the same Rangers team that we done in. Goian had our forwards in his pocket. That's the point a few of us are trying to make. They build from the back and get the players they need. We overlook things time and time again. Defence has been * for years. Even last year we all thought they were gash, just a bit lucky with the good record. Our 1st choice keeper is a young lad on loan. Again.

We underachieve, even with our better resources. Other teams on lower resources don't fair as bad.

When does the time come for pointing the finger and where do we point it?

I suppose I am just angry about the result. But, in fairness it's a build up of results and performances. We seem to switch off on the big games. What's the reason for this? Quality? Tactics? I also really miss Strachans 'fight till the last minute' attitude that's long gone. We used to pull goals out of the hat in the last 10mins. Now we always seem knackered and running the game down.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  20. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    lack of quality