1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to get to Rennes

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Breizh da viken, Sep 7, 2011.

Discuss Tips to get to Rennes in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Breizh da viken

Hi Everybody,

I am a Stade Rennais FC fan. I am also a Celtic supporter so I am very excited in the prospect of you coming!

Here are some tips I hope you will find useful.

To get to Rennes I see 2 options:

- Flying to Paris from Glasgow or Edinburgh. With Ryanair you'll lend in Beauvais which is 75 minutes driving from Paris. You can get a bus for 15€ and it will leave you Porte Maillot. Then if you want to take a train you'll have to reach Montparnasse Station (30 minutes by subway). For the trains you'll get everything here http://www.sncf.com/en_EN/flash/
    Just let you know that the TGV is fast (2h) but generally expensive. The fares change all the time. The "Prem's" tickets are the best deal.
    You can also get a "Corail". It's cheap but could be quite long.
    The Railway Station in Rennes is really central.
    For those who speak few words of French you can try a carpool. It is working really well between Paris and Rennes (I use it myself a lot). It will cost you around 23/25€ and you'll be in Rennes in 3 hours. Here is the website where you can find all the infos http://www.blablacar.com/ (website in english but classifieds in French)

- Flying To Nantes from East Midlands or Leeds/Bradford. That could be a good deal as well cause Nantes is only 100kms from Rennes. Once there you'll find a train (called "TER", several departures a day) for 15€.

Once in Rennes, the stadium (Stade de la Route de Lorient) located on the Route de Lorient is at walking distance of the centre.

To sleep: Of course, Hotels in the centre are expensive. The cheap ones are out of town. The best values are the "Formule 1" hotels (around 29€ for a 3 beds). Here is a map to locate them: http://formule1.voyagesdunet.com/formule1-rennes.html

There is a Youth Hostel in town (canal saint-martin).

And of course you have Couchsurfing.com ! Always working...

The Thursdays in Rennes are the best. Thursdays' Student Nights are known all over the country so don't bother...You'll have a lot of animation!

You absolutely need to grab the special snack of the fans here called "galette saucisse" You'll find them all around the stadium. It's cheap and delicious.

I think you can expect a hearty wlecome from poeple here as the town is very proud of their celtic roots and culture.

Hope this will be useful. I'd be glad to give you more infos if you need them. Just ask.

I'm keen on seing you guys in town!

Cheers

Kevin

2. rorylando45

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Nakamura, Robson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Great information mate, I won't be able to make it over mysel, but I'm sure a lot of fans will find this information useful. Celtic and Rennes to finish 1st and 2nd in the group! :50:

3. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Thanks for that mate , what's the nightlife like I will be there on the Wednesday night along with thousands of others ? Will be be a place where the fans will congregate on match day like a big square or a strip of bars ?

4. Beer!

I am traveling, Glasgow to Paris, Rennes, Dinard, East Midlands, Glasgow, only paid 90 pounds for all the flights, SORTED

5. conor 1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    il be going mate :50:

whats the weather like in october?

6. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    Bit hit and miss. Won't be warm in the evening, but during the day you could get anything from decent sun to rain.

7. CMcphail88

Great information mate. I am hoping to make this trip.

8. Breizh da viken

Nightlife is moving. No worries. We don't really have big squares. The city is made of narrow streets. However you'd be glad to know that we have a lot of bars. The most known street is "rue Saint-Michel" that everybody knows as "rue de la soif" (soif = thirst). Not far from here there is a very good pub called "The Westport Inn", rue de Dinan. I work here time to time and I can assure you that you'll feel at home!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  9. Breizh da viken

Jezzz got it just right. You'll find more or less the same weather here than back home.

10. walkon

Welcome mate, thanks for posting your info much appreciated.
    Got some questions regarding tickets:
    what is your usual cost for a match ticket?
    Do you see this being a sell out?
    Ground holds 30,000 yes? so Celtic supporters will probably only get a max of 2,000 allocation?
    Its just that this match is proving pretty popular and think there will be many more than that travelling over so hope there are plenty bars around the city showing the match to accommodate the ones that are unlucky enough not to get their hands on a ticket.
    Oh and one other thing....what is a carpool?:50:

cheers!:shamrock:

11. Henriksdreads

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Lubo Moravcik / Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Can you tell us the area or section of your stadium that is closest to the away support?

If i can't get a ticket from Celtic directly i'd want to be in the Rennes end as close to our fans as possible.

12. Breizh da viken

Tickets in Rennes are known to be quite cheap. I paid 52€ (around 45 pds) for the 3 matches pack. So you might pay 15 to 18€ for the ticket.
    This will definitely be a sell out. 3 days ago they started to sell packs to the season ticket holders, and believe or not, there is no limitation per person! So basically everybody's booking an average of 3 or 4 packs for family and friends. Useless to say that everything is gonna go really really fast.
    We don't really have big bars. Most of them are small and broadcasting the games isn't as frequent as in Glasgow. If you are interested I can give you a list of the bars I am sure they are broadcasting local team games.
    A carpool is something getting more and more popular in France. People who are driving from A to B publish a classified online saying they have some room left. The price takes gas and eventually toll into consideration. If you're interested you get in touch with the guy, agree on a meeting point and time. So the car owner gets a refund for his route and everybody's travelling with him gets a cheap journey.
    This is based on mutual confidence. It is a kind of a not-for-profit service.

13. Breizh da viken

The section of the stadium for away fans is called "tribune Ville de Rennes"

14. Henriksdreads

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Lubo Moravcik / Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  15. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    How far is the stadium from the city centre mate is it walkable or taxi ?

16. Breizh da viken

The stadium is 2 kms away from the city centre. We have a tube but it won't drop you off the stadium. There are still buses but I think that you guys should walk to the stadium. That's not so far... around 30 minutes walking. Hope it will not be raining. But I can't be definite!
    One last thing: Taxies tend to be more expensive in France than UK

Cheers.
    (And congrats for the win against Motherwell, saw the game. But we did have a convincing win too at Olympique de Marseille!!)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
  17. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Thanks mate really looking forward it

18. Quigley 13

Travel arrangments sorted. Now just for the tickets. What the chances of getting a couple off Celtic?

19. Breizh da viken

There is a e-ticket service you can suscribe to. The tickets are printable at home. IT WILL ONLY BE AVALAIBLE FROM THE 19th OF SEPTEMBER
    Follow this procedure:
    1) go to http://www.staderennais.com
    2) Click on "Billeterie"
    3) Click on "Réserver", then "Poursuivre"
    4) A representation of the stadium will appear, inviting you to choose the area you want to go in
    5) Once selected the area enter the number of tickets you want near "plein tarif"
    6) then "valider votre commande"
    7) Enter your personal infos
    8) Pay!

20. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    No offers out yet , tickets will go to people that have been on trips before first I would be surprised if there was general sale due to the amount of people going over for this get on to the ticket office asap and let them know your wanting one , how you travelling mate ?