1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

need a bit of help losing weight?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Xavier Woods, Aug 30, 2011.

Discuss need a bit of help losing weight? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rachaelink

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik

I have done that as well, especially since my injury. However prior to breaking my leg I trained 6 days out of 7 for 2 hours a night.. I needed a fair whack of calories.

Also the thing that piles the weight on me is drink.. hardest thing to give up, but does do the trick.

2. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Special K and oatcakes 3 times a day with as much fruit as you can eat, you will never feel hungry

3. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    why you asking that? smoking reduces your appetite but brings a whole world of problems with it. it would be shooting yourself in both feet.

4. Barry

Anyone got any advice how to achieve the absolute reverse of this? :54:

5. Rachaelink

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Watch Man Vs Food

6. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i'm 16, i dont smoke or drink, and i dont plan to either

7. D. Dziekanowski

Was just a wee joke bud:50:

8. D. Dziekanowski

Good man, as I replied to the other poster, was just trying to have a wee chuckle, no harm meant.

Good luck on getting rid of the weight mate

9. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

I want to gain weight. I live off chips, pasta, pizza, chicken and chocolate. Do no exercise and I'm still stick thin and underweight...

10. Rachaelink

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik

Eat healthier, but more of it, and work out.. not so much cardio but weights. Take protein shakes etc and doing weights should start putting on muscle mass.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

It could be your metabolism mate, don't forget it can't be all junk food and chocolate etc, you need to have a balance even to put weight on.

12. Barry

Same here mate. Hate looking back at pics of myself and im like a twig! :31:

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Losing weight is simple and it's no mystery about how to do it.

1) Improve your diet.

2) Exercise.

There's ovbiously more to those two steps but it always comes down to those two bare facts. Eat the right foods, cut out the crap, research and educate yourself a bit about nutrition.

Exercise, cardio is the best way to do it. Running, swimming, football, basketball etc etc etc are all good for it.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
  14. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Create a calorie defecit by eating less or exercising more, if your body needs more energy than you give it you lose weight.

15. DanniGhirl

I've lost 5 stones through changing my lifestyle, drink plenty of water, cut out all the fizzy drinks and do lots of walking, get your i-pod on and just go for a walk, not only is it a great form of exercise but it is also very relaxing and helps clear the mind.

If you aren't 100% focused though then it won't work, you have to really want it for yourself, otherwise it will just be a fad and your weight will just yo-yo up and down.

Also don't go completely drastic, if you want a take-away every now and again, or a bar of chocolate or whatever then treat yourself to it, but have it as a treat not as just normal everyday stuff.

16. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Get yourself motivated first.. Get a proper sleeping pattern.. Never skip meals..

Try ketosis diet, a friend of mine is doing keto just now and is shredding the weight:50: off!

17. smithy18

the ketosis diet sounds like it can be a very serious risk to your health if you don't know or plan how you are going to do it

18. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Ive been trying to lose weight as well although i am looking to get my BF % down since i am already "thin", the best way to go is to exercise, if you lower your calorie intake through food after a month your body will simply adapt to the lower calories intake and you will plateau, by exercising you will shock your body and combining this with a reduced calorie intake will result in good weight loss.

Also you don't have to eat ultra clean, thats a complete myth, by cutting all the good stuff out actually will increase your cravings for junk food, once a week have what is called a cheat meal and have stuff that you like, this will keep you on track knowing that you don't have to eat the same ordinary stuff all the time.

There are different views on why one should exercise, you can exercise so you can eat the stuff you want without gaining weight, eg alcohol, or exercise to lose weight.

Do an hour running (best form of exercise) 2/3 times a week and not only will you lose weight you will generally feel better. Good luck !

19. CMcphail88

Eat things like grilled/oven baked chicken breast with plenty of veg. (brocolli, carrots, green beans ect). Also try eating salmon, tuna and other fish and steak. Cut out fizzy drinks aswell, try drink water only, if you can't then drink dilooting juice. Eat plenty of fruits as a snack instead of crisps ect. Pineapple, bananas, grapes and so on. Also try add in a bit of exercise mate, cardio, running or swimming or something like that.
    Cut out alcohol aswell.

20. windowman

hi mate i dont know where you live but celtic inconjunction with the spl trust and the other premier league clubs run a programme called football fans in training , i was on the programme last year and lost 2 stones , you do 2 hours at celtic park every week for 12 weeks , if you want any further info send me a pm and i let you know more