1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest fans or most fickle?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Padraig1916, Aug 21, 2011.

Discuss Greatest fans or most fickle? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ThereByTheGrace

I don't agree with the booing and I don't do it - prefer to stay silent but I understand why people do it.

We don't have a right to beat anyone, we have to earn it and we never today - that's why people were booing.

But it's early days, we have 2 weeks to hopefully strengthen the squad and our top 3 players were missing and are on the mend.

Chin up:50:

2. gary88

it's not hard to slate them when we got beat at home against st johnstone! That is not good enough for celtic and it was losing points early in the season last year that lost us the league

3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann

4. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We didn't lose points earlier last season.:bbpd:

5. CarlosTe-wess

"A Celtic shirt will not shrink to fit an inferior player" - especially one that can't perform against St Johnstone.

6. spilie

aye and they c*nts that grassed on jesus were moanin bast*rds tae, away and hae a word wi yersel if u got kicked in the baws wid u say ma fault pal sorry, naw u wid be ragin jist like alot ay us are the noo so away and turn the other cheek

7. hammy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    We all support Celtic regardless of results and the board know this but this has to stop somewhere...we lost the league last season because we werent good enough. Whats changed this season? The board need to spend cash or * off

8. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    :56:

9. CarlosTe-wess

Thats where you said it mate, you are trying to tell people that they are not fans. Who are you to decide who are fans and who aren't? People are hurting just now and people express this in different ways. I wouldnt boo either but I can fully understand why some people would want to.

10. FlaviusMecurius

I pay my dues to the club months before the season starts!
    if i choose to boo to voice my displeasure in the so called entertainment im paying for then i will!! in saying that i never booed after todays performance but thats not to say that i wont at some other point! all in all we created more than enough chances to take the 3 points what angered me the most was the lack of urgency shown on the park and the 2 dimensional way we played up until McCourt came on and he took a bit of initiative by at least trying to beat a man.

but at the end of the day if a fan buys his ticket and pays his money who the * is anybody on this forum or any fan to say that he shouldn't boo?
    if you dont boo well fair play to you but thats you and who you are you might not like it but keep your * opinion on that to yourself and its right enough if you weren;t at the game then who are you to take a paying punter to task on their behaviour?

11. CarlosTe-wess

"moaning about one bad result"?

So you feel absolutely fine about us losing against St Johnstone? Throwing away a our leead at the top of the table to the scum? How can this not affect you?

12. dmccourt95

If I was Lennon I would demand money to sign decent players or walk because like us he is a fan and its so insulting to watch a pathetic rangers team win the league while the board sit back and count the notes going in their pockets

13. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    What bothers me is the fact that the players will still get their extremely high wages even on that performance today.

14. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    That type of arrogance was akin to the huns when they had thousands of glory hunters. We have no divine right to win matches every week with the team we have.

I have been a Celtic fan long enough not to get too concerned with defeats like today. I am more concerned at some of our fans to be honest. "I paid my money so i can say what I want"....eh, so called best fans in the world!? Taking 100k fans to Spain does not earn that title. Supporting the team ( all the team ) through thick and thin make us great fans.

15. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Why dont you write to "Pravda" or as it`s better known the Celtic View and complain about all these so - called fans having the audacity to have a go at the team :rolleyes:.

16. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I said the people that booed weren't fans. Not the people that didn't have season tickets.

Maybe I was being harsh but I don't like seeing our own fans booing Celtic.

17. hammy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    They need to learn results like this arent good enough. They seem like they couldnt care less. After a result like that they should be in 7 days doing general work like sweepin the stands, car parks or washing kits. They play like amateurs they should be treated like it

18. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

:icon_mrgreen: This took me a minute to decipher.

19. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I just said I was disappointed but its early days. 34 games to go.

20. Markybhoy

What disappointed me today was seeing lots of people streaming out of the stadium with about 5 mins to go. We were a goal down and the team could really have done with the fans support.

I remember in the mid/late 90's Celtic Park used to be a cauldron if Celtic were getting beat. The fans really got behind the team and the intimidating atmosphere scared visiting teams into mistakes. You never seem to see that anymore, it's kinda sad.