1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Support leaving early

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gundog, Aug 22, 2011.

Discuss Support leaving early in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scottythetim

:50:Yeah, we have every right to boo players earning thousands a week, when some of the guys in the stands have to scrape their last few pounds just to see them, if they wont bust a gut in a game they deserve pelters

2. Hez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efrain Juarez, Gary Hooper, Jos Hoovield, Joe Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone/ Let The People Sing.
    I've only ever left early once & that was the 1-3 defeat to R*ngers last season, I just couldn't stand listening to them any longer. :rolleyes:

3. CavaBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    sand song
    a good few thousand left on thursday aswell i onli leave early if we are 2 or more goals up if im heading to a pub but chasing a draw is unnacceptable against st johnstone its a 50.50 wether ye think its right or not :O

4. SamCarlin.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper, Beram Kayal, Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bloody Sunday and Let the people sing
    Getting beat by st Johnston, tbh i am not bothered because you see smaller teams beat big teams all the time, yes we should have been better and should have won but we didnt and i dont know why people can get so wound up to an extent they have to be negative towards the team and the manager but unlike a small minority i am still faithful through and through.

5. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    It sickens me seeing people leaving after 70 minutes, or thousands piling out on 80 minutes. An hour and a half isn't too much to ask for on a Saturday afternoon to support your team. The traffic isn't that bad that, that is an excuse that these so called fans give.

As far as I'm concerned, if you aren't going to stay until the end then don't bother coming at all.

There are obviously those with mobility issues that this doesn't apply to, I appreciate that some people (not 35,000) struggle with big crowds and being pushed down steep stairs.

6. wulliebad

They pay the cash they can leave when they like......

7. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    and you would be surprised by the amount of supportes that go to the pub! at least they are there for 70mins.

8. Artur Boruc #1

That's not really what being a supporter is all about though, is it ?

9. wulliebad

Well fans leaving early shows the team they are not happy and pull the finger out.
    And its not like no other fans do it.....

10. Artur Boruc #1

I stayed until the end yesterday, so did thousands of others. Do you think we were happy with the performance ? Do you not think we wanted the team to get the finger out ?

11. Todriguez

no wonder other fans brand us fickle, chucking the toys out because we lost one game. this whole " were playin *, so im showin the board im no pleased" by leaving wi 20mins to go is pish patter. if you want to be entertained go to the cinema and leave supporting the team to the real fans. these are probably the same guys who didnae turn up during mowbray's stint and in the early 90's

12. wulliebad

Hey i'm not saying anything against any fans just saying they have the right to leave early if they want to.

13. Petauk74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present- Broony. Of all time tommy burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    i always stay till the end and always will, no matter if we were 1st or 12th. thats what celtic means to me, maybe its just me but i love the team i support.

14. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    /thread

15. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wish the * next to me would've left early, was getting on my * with his constant whinging.

16. sammybobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Really says a lot about where you see the team going.

Of course fans want entertained.

Do you think they still go for the rip off cold pies , bovril and overpriced programs ?

17. Artur Boruc #1

I go week in week out.

Do I go to be entertained ? Nah, I go to give the team my backing, I go to support the team that I love :celt_2:

18. odonno

Same here bhoyo, does help but when we give the other teams a pumping

19. TheMaestro8

I think people are getting mixed up between support and abuse a freakish loss against St Johnstone without our three best players should not result in an empty stadium fifteen minutes before full time and boos at the final whistle. I was sickened to see streams of fans leaving with ten minutes to go at 0-0 against Sion and on the way out stopping to point fingers and shout abuse at our own players. People need to realise what supporting Celtic is about sure it's expected that we win every game but if you boo the team off the park you are supporting the wrong club.

The huddle during the motherwell game when we knew we had lost the league was why we call ourselves the best fans in the world but the crowd abusing our own players and just to mention the treatment of samaras is disgusting. That gives us no right to say we're the best fans in the world. Far from it.

Support the team through difficult performances and don't boo them off when they lose. That's what the huns do.

20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I stayed to the end but I know a lot of people left 5-10 mins early and went to the pub before going home.

I was just hoping we got a goal to stay top of the league.