1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Writing to a football club.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Jul 20, 2011.

Discuss Writing to a football club. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic 1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Not being funny but mate if you where that good im sure someone would have picked you up.

2. Joe T

i see nothing wrong with a fellow celt chasing his dream. not everyone of great quality if picked up you know. look at the age ian wright was when he eventually got his chance at the highest level.

go for it mate. and i hope it works out. you have got bigga balls to go and have a seshsion than a good few people.

good luck :50:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. Celtic Bhoy 94

Ive been reading through this and by any chance have we forgot to ask your age?:56:

4. CiarantheBhoy

In the letters include your past achievements, experience, how long you have played football and make sure you bring out that you are very commited and have a big passion for the game in the letter.

Tell them that you believe that there team are very good and they can further you alot.

As well as sending letters phone up the club this is the easiest way to get trials - phoning clubs was how i got into raith rovers.

5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I have a team mate who also plays centre mid and has been on trial at Celtic & clubs in England & I can honestly say Im better than him. He is picked out by scouts purely because he is in the under 16 Rep Of Ireland set up where I feel I am overlooked . The scouts over here are a joke.Where was Roy Keane when he was 16?

6. Celtic Bhoy 94

Mate to be honest i've been scouted a few times and one of my mates thats a year younger than me is a GK and he got scouted for both Celtic and Rangers.. Most people that go on trial that i know of has got recommended to teams by their current coaches.

But theres no harm in trying, when you have the letter ready to send post it on here and we'll tell you if anything needs added etc... Good Luck :50:

7. GMS

Go for it, if you dont hear anything back then dont give up, theres like 200+ pro clubs out there in the british isles, i'm sure you'll hear back from one of them.

All the best mate

8. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If you haven't played for at least a professional youth team, Celtic won't even give a second look.

9. JamesConnolly

Good luck mate in trying to get a trial hope you break through :50:

10. T.Rogne25

How old are you?

11. T.Rogne25

That's not true, Celtic recently signed a Forest Green U17.

12. JrOhara2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broon, Ledley, Kayal, Big Jos, Hooper, Murphy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Let the people sing
    I've been thinking of trying out for some trials too.
    Lower league and non league stuff.
    I am 17, living in Canada and no playing club football any more, purely because the politics in the set up is *.
    If I get into university, i'm goign for the uni team, then after my 4 years probably back pack round europe tryna find some places to play. dont want to give up yet.

13. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For people saying Celtic wont look at you if you havent played for a pro club, thats *. Im only 16. Ive been playing at the highest level in Ireland for about five years(schoolboy), several team mates & opponents have had trials in England & Scotland, & a couple have been signed recently when theyve turned 16. Ive not got a trial yet although ive heard of scouts talking about me in the past. The scouts over here are a joke. They pick players that are in The Rep Of Ire U16 squad only, and alot of them are duds believe me, I play against them every week and Ive NEVER been outplayed.

To the person who said your coaches have to recommend you, thats not how it works over here. My manager once recommended a player from our team to one of the guys involved in the Under 16 Irish set up & was more or less told to * off. They are so far up their own arses its unreal

14. foxy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    the maestro paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA! gets me every time!

listen mate dont pin your hopes on celtic,if your a player get a cv sent out especially up dundee , inverness etc, aberdeen elgin city all have great reps for young players, try everyone as some clubs have open trials and some will send scouts and may contact your dad or coach, then, if, celtic come calling and so do man united you better sign for celtic ya * and not do a liam miller!!!!!!!!!!

good luck keep us posted on your responses

try lots of clubs and always check facilities and contracts before signing!:50:

15. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    That's because they would have scouted him,this guy is just writing a letter. I meant that if he was in the situation where he had recently left a pro youth team then celtic might consider but not for just a random person asking for a trial. You would have every tom, * and harry writing letters if it was that easy to get a trial.

16. Scarecrow

I'd try other Scottish teams tbh.

17. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    hhhmm.. you wouldn't secretly happen to be Stijn Stijnen trying to save face would you? :fear:

18. Seosamh Máirtín

I was thinking it might be Robbie Keane. :56:

But, best of luck mate. Hope you secure a deal. Let us know if you do, let me know your name and I'll max your stats out in FM in the future. :86:

19. Celtic Bhoy 94

I didnt say you have to be recommended by your coach i said it helps...And it is how it works 'Over there' because im irish to My mates and i have been on plenty of trials with 4 of them joining Burnley, Sunderland, Man City and Nottingham Forest and not to sound like a * or nothing but you saying that you've never been out played etc.. kind of makes people think your heads firmly lodged up your * :50:

20. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I will be, but whats wrong with trying Celtic? As I said before the only reason Im writing to Celtic is because a mate of my dads was speaking to Lenny, and he gave all the details to send etc, I reckon I'd be good enough aswell.

Richie Towell got a trial at Celtic by writing to the club, and at the time he was playing for the exact same club as me, Crumlin United.