1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is cancer becoming more common?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by PaddyBhoy, Jul 14, 2011.

Discuss Why is cancer becoming more common? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Doubtful. THere are may types of cancer, some can be cured some can't and can only be controlled. I am totally cured after chemo and surgeries so I don't feel the governmet are holding back on cures.
    Never know though, governments are sneaky *.

2. Kayal

My dad got it but thankfully it was testicular

3. GM-

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Don't know much about most cancers but skin cancer is increasing due to people not protecting themselves in the sun both here and when on holidays which is annoying because it is easily avoidable in those cases

4. Keane7

Hopefully there is a cure soon, my gran had bowel cancer there, had chemotherapy etc.. Sorry to here about your family.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  5. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    sorry but i beleive there are cures for all cancers but perhaps we are beating on the wrong drum at the moment.cancer is such a * and its sad that so many suffer from this evil .we could sit and dwell on this and say its because of this and because of that we get it? but is this 100% fact?

6. Buster

l've posted before on different threads about cancer in my family but one thing from years ago happened.

Around late summer 1985 my mum witnessed a young girl getting knocked down and held her in her arms as the wee girl sadly passed away. She never ever spoke much about it and then in July 1986 my mum got taken into hospital with severe back pains which was diagnosed as cancer in the kidneys before she eventually passed away in November 1986.

Around that time there was a discussion on TV regarding how stress can bring on dorment cancers lying in our bodies.

Any of the older guys will tell you how much simpler life was in the 60's,70's and 80's.

Does anyone know how much damage, if any mobile phones are doing to us.

7. wookie1888

http://www.naturalnews.com/001264.html

8. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    aw christ mate thats sad:54: that must have been * for you and the family. hope you dont mind me asking but were you a young laddie at the time?

9. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I believe in the future, and not too far, diseases such as cancer will be eradicated in the womb through molecular technology along the lines of gene manipulation.

At some point scientists will be able to switch "off" the signals in our cells that carry the cancer DNA or, more likely, introduce super genes that can fight cancer.

Along with many other debilitating and fatal illnesses the mapping of the human genome will in time be one of the greatest human achievements that will allow scientists to rid the world of these. Nanotechnology and gene therapy/ manipulation will not only be a cureall for the world, but will lead to people living much longer, and healthier lives.

Aubrey de Grey could go down as the most important scientist of all time... or a total crackpot. However, his ideas, theories and enthusiasm are very interesting.

http://www.ted.com/speakers/aubrey_de_grey.html

10. Buster

Thanks Alsy

l was 26 when she passed away, the wee girl thing was never really discussed and at the time and l was so wrapped up in my own ego * l never realised the emotional impact it must have had on my mum.

11. The The Hand

I'm pretty sure there's several studies have suggested a link with stress levels. Could be a combination of increasingly stressful work environments and increasingly artificial/unhealthy diets.

Other strong possibility is the ever-increasing amount of radiation that we're firing about - the amount of mobile devices is skyrocketing - mobile phones, laptops, tablets & smartphones etc - we're loading up the whole frequency spectrum, as the government makes ever money from auctioning off bandwidth. The research into the human health effects of all this is woefully inadequate so far, and it's being hampered by the fact that no-one will offer you funding to look into it. Except of course if the thrust of your research is to prove that it's all perfectly healthy - in which case you'll get millions thrown at you.

It could be like cigarettes - a long battle, maybe several generations, to determine just how much havoc it's actually causing.

12. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

its allways been there.

you are just getting more aware of whats happening around your family and whats going on in the bigger world

its deadly and i believe there will be no cure for the more serious types, if you catch it quick you might have a chance

and to also think 9 million people in the uk have athritis too is staggering

13. atomicvertigo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy burns
    my thoughts and prayers are with you at this terrible time,i lost my old man 7yrs ago to this horrible horrible disease,stay strong mate.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Toxic ways of preparing food cause this. A cure does exist, in the form of certain vegetables. And mushrooms.

15. Joe T

mixture of everything really,

better diagnosis i the main one,

ageing population which increases one persons chance of getting the disease.

and i suppose the life lead by alot of people e.g smoking etc.

I give my best wishes to those effected by this terrible diease, either at first hand or who family members etc are unwell.

16. leeso-ardoyne

Dont kid yourself,lol. Cancer is rife and will only get worse.

17. leeso-ardoyne

Food , or teh so called food that we eat is teh main cause for cancer. Most things we eat are better thrown in the bin because of their nutrition value, in some cases theres more nutrition in the * box that they come in. There is no such thing as a cancer cure, phara companys make trillions of dollars/pounds/euros on fooling people into believeing that one day there will be acure. If you dont want to get cancer then never ever eat teh western diet, fill your plate full of good nutrition and youll live to well over 100 and still fit as a fiddle.

I seen here that someone posted that people are living longer , that is media bullshit of the highest order. Go learn how they work that one out and come back to me. lol.