1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Take Watching Celtic For Granted?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MarleyBhoy, Jul 11, 2011.

Discuss Do You Take Watching Celtic For Granted? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MarleyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Since joining this forum I have been given a new perspective of not how large our fanbase is but of how strongly supported this club is by fans from overseas, USA and such.
    I have also read on this forum how such fans are lucky enough to even see the team play in person once a year and it got me thinking.
    You think of roughly how many Celtic fans there are in the world, some people estimate it at 1 million or even more SUPPORTERS not just people who know about the club. And I am part of a lucky 60,000 who can see the Bhoys play at Celtic Park at the weekend and be part of the truly unique atmosphere.
    Take the last game of the season against Motherwell the 60,000 man huddle the day we lost the league was a trademark "I was there moment" and the defiance that was shown that day by the fans and the support to Neil Lennon will be told for generations.
    By seeing all these supporters from countries all across the world it made me realize just how lucky I am to have the chance see the Bhoys every other Saturday at Paradise.
    Please Discuss. :50:

2. Metlson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Honestly if I lived close enough to go to every game, I would buy a season ticket even if I had to cut costs such as living on tinned beans for a year or something. Im happy there is usually decent streams and I have good enough internet so I dont mind watching the games whether they are 9pm, midnight or 3am here.

3. MarleyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    :50:

4. Henriksdreads

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Lubo Moravcik / Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I can take it for granted sometimes, but on most occassions i realise how happy/lucky i am to have a season ticket and go to the games week in week out with all my mates, truly great times.

5. PaoloDiCanio

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paolo Di Canio
    :notworthy:notworthy

6. panamabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We Shall Not Be Moved - It always gets the crowd buzzing
    I'm in Qatar just now and was fortunate enough to see the majority of matches last season on OSN. The occassions the matches weren't screened there, I used the internet; I don't think I missed a game all season. I've no idea if OSN will be broadcasting the SPL this season but I hope so.

I do make a point in getting back to Scotland at least once a year and my visits are always scheduled around a Hoops game. This year it will be Motherwell at home in September; not an inspiring prospect for possibly the only live game I'll see this season but I'm hoping we get a run in the Europa Cup so I might get the opportunity to hop on a flight from here to Europe and watch the Bhoys:celt_2:

7. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    At times like these this (close season) I would happily hibernate until the Celts were back playing again.

8. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Great original post! Yes I guess we all do take it for granted. I've been lucky enough to go to some games but not all. This year is my first season ticket and will cost me a lot of money when I add together the travelling costs every week. If you live in Glasgow you really are so lucky that you don't have to do the travelling week in week out. I've not got as far to go as other people but I'm sure it's all going to be worth it and I can't wait!

9. AndyTheBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would kill to live closer so I could try and get a season ticket, but a 6 hour drive each way puts me off, although I do go to the odd game.

10. Joe T

I think its a mix of circumstance these days financially to be able togo and watch the hoops. i give great credit to those fans which sacrafice alot of money each week and cut back on other stuff togo and support our heros.

it would be financially impossible for me to have a season ticket, witch travel and the actually ticket it would cost upwards of 3,000 a year.haha. so i have joined the celtic fc supporters club and go when i have the dosh!!!

11. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    I suppose i do, but i do quite a bit of travelling and spend quite a bit of money to see them.

12. Stevieg78

I live down in Essex so only get top see them a few times a year! watch every game on the box or on stream but do wish i lived closer!

one thing it does is make me really appreciate every chance i get to see them live! going to dublin in a few weeks and can't fecking wait!!!! HH

13. DanniGhirl

Although I only live in Ireland and I'm lucky enough to be able to get a season ticket I don't take seeing the Bhoys for granted, I can't afford to go to all the games so I have to pick and chose which games I go to, plus for the first few years when I moved over I couldn't afford to go to any game so now I try to get to as many as I can afford and love every minute of it, no matter what the result just going to the games is great again - although I didn't always feel like that as sometimes it felt like a chore to go!

14. Artur Boruc #1

I've got to the majority of the games home and away for the last few seasons now and tbh I probably did take it for granted a bit. Won't make it to much games this coming season due to Uni and stuff and I can just tell it's gonna be soul destroying :54:

15. Scarecrow

Celtic is life, life is Celtic.

That'll change maybe as I get older but the club takes over everything.

16. KhingLarsson

Never been to a game ever, going this season at some stage. Hoping to get an Old Firm game. I watch games always on telly and let me tell you I do not take it for granted as last season was the first time I was able to afford sky sports package, before that I would go well out of my way to watch matches.

17. TicFan88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    6 hours from Runcorn? It's about 2 hours 30 mins (sometimes 3 hours) from Preston!

18. Capital Bhoy

I am extremely thankful and grateful that I have a season ticket and can make every game.

19. conor 1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    1 million supporters? :56: celtic would have closer to 10 million supporters

but anyway, living in ireland it can be expernsive travelling over til matches but its always worth it and feel sorry for the people who live in amercia, australia etc who cant get to matches

20. adamcfc

its estimated at 9m. I go to a couple of games a season. quite disappointing really, hopefully will be able to go to more in the future.