1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[No Link] Jay Bothroyd

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by scottbrown8, Jun 21, 2011.

Discuss Jay Bothroyd in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    everton offered him a contract weeks ago, and his agent said he wants 40 grand to sign for them, and everton said no danger

celtic has ment to have offered him a contract already but lets see what happens

2. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    heard on cu twitter that apparently celtic are waiting until the 30th of this month before he gets a contract as he will be free then! done deal so i hear:rolleyes:

3. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Dont think we can officially talk to anyone until after 30th June to contracts etc. Am sure thats the dates that player contracts ends and they are then free to speak to other clubs.

I suppose it means that before this date clubs would be entitled to a transfer fee. Daft I know.

4. GreenLeanMean

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover

wat about the bosman rule if a player has upto six month on his contract he can talk to other clubs

6. OverandOver

ADAM MATTHEWS would be delighted if Jay Bothroyd follows him on the now well-trodden path from Cardiff City to Celtic, writes Ronnie Cully.
    The Parkhead club have made their pitch to the out-of-contract striker, who is expected to give his answer shortly. The England cap is in big demand but Matthews – along with former Cardiff colleague Joe Ledley – knows all about Bothroyd’s qualities. “For his size he has great feet,” said Matthews. “That makes him a handful and if he does come here, I am sure he’ll do well. I think Jay and Gary Hooper will work very well together. Hooper has great movement and I think he can work off Jay.”
    The use of the word ‘will’ might suggest to some suspicious minds that Matthews knows more than he is prepared to admit. What is undeniable is that this is a man itching to kick start his own Celtic career. “I’m raring to go,” the defender said. “I am slightly nervous but I’m more excited. The size of club I’ve joined is starting to hit home; I went for a walk yesterday and there were Celtic shirts everywhere.”
    Matthews accepts that many people make instant judgements on players, so wants to make a good impression from the outset. However, he is street-wise enough to also understand that anyone changing clubs, and countries, needs time to hit their peak.
    Matthews recognised this in Ledley, and predicts that, with a season under his belt, the midfielder is now ready to show why he was in such demand.
    “When every player comes into new surroundings, it takes them a while to settle,” he said. “I wasn’t surprised he chose to come here rather than accept any of the other offers he had because Celtic are a bigger club than any of the Premiership clubs who were in for him. I think he has made the right choice. He is enjoying it here and has no regrets.”
    [​IMG]
    Matthews might have another big choice of his own to make in the not-too-distant future as he is expected to be one of the candidates for the GB football side which will compete in next year’s Olympics. Despite the debate raging around the subject, the prospect does not faze him. “If the chance did come along, it would be a great opportunity to play in the Olympics,” he said.

:50:

7. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    We can talk to and sign any player 6 months before their contract ends.

Compensation only comes into it if they're 24 or under and have trained with the club for a certain number of years. That's why Cardiff were * that Ledley waited until after the 1st of July.

There is a rule in England where an english club can't speak/sign another england based player until one month before his contract ends.

8. GreenLeanMean

I like the way Matthews speaks :celt_2: top bhoy :shamrock:

9. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing

Ah, right. Cheers mate. Just thought it had something to do with players contracts ending on 30th June. Now that you have said that I knew it. I was clearly talking *. Again.

:icon_mrgreen:

10. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

We are classed as a foreign team so we can speak to any player who's contract is running out.

11. dylan

30th June might explain why we haven't heard so much, and yet also why he appears to have been spotted in more of the right places, at more times and by more people than the Count Saint-Germain.

Might also explain in part why certain bookies seem to be no longer taking bets?

The shock 'n' awe of the past few transfer windows is still itching about our veins.............

12. vinny25

I love how Bothroyd isn't afraid to squash a rumour. It was going about on twitter that he was "spotted in Glasgow". He tweted within and hour "I'm not in Glasgow, not even in the UK". I told him to get his * to Glasgow then!

13. dazza297

On sky sports now odds are at 1/8 a wouldn't say there like that for nothing , and a doubt its because of a whack of bets bein put on it, fingers crossed

14. dylan

Perhaps he was in Ireland?

:celt_2:

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

it's been like that since last week mate

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Or maybe Austraila :icon_mrgreen:

17. Les.

Needs to make his decision sharpish.

I would like him to be in or a few pre season games before euro qualifiers if he decides to join us

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    longer this drags out the more i doubt we'll get him unfortunately.

19. dylan

Bingo!

:50:

20. adambhoy 25

Would love to see bothroyd in the hoops in the next week or so. He tweeted saying hes not in the uk then today david currie from the bbc tweeted:
    mrdavidcurrie david currie

100 per cent reliable source tells me he personally saw Jay Bothroyd in Glasgow at the weekend coming out of posh hote #celtic

2 hours ago

Link: http://twitter.com/#!/mrdavidcurrie

So whats going on is anyones guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.