1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Izaguirre Linked to St-Germain and Bordeaux

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by sickbhoy, Jun 17, 2011.

Discuss Izaguirre Linked to St-Germain and Bordeaux in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Andy bhoy

If he leaves for someone like villareal I'll be really disappointed in him

2. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    The French league is not as great as some may think if you look at how their teams have fared in European competition over the last few years

3. gunt

I know some of it may be spin but its pretty clear to me that our young non-British Isles players tend to see us as a stepping stone to something bigger.

4. Rosleabhoy

No club will over £6m for izzaguirre. He is good going forward but hes NOT a great defender. He also had one good season (in scotland) having coming from relative obscurity.

5. Stuboy

In total agreement with you m8. Of course they do, but is this not the same in every career. You try and progress to the best level you can and earn the most money you can. I would be worried if these players didn't have any aspirations to play in a better league.

Everybody needs to face reality the SPL is pish, the old firm no longer have the pull they did in the late 90's and early to mid 2000's.

We are a selling club, you buy bargains have a good couple of seasons and sell them onto the EPL for a healthy margin, There is nothing wrong with this model clubs like porto, lyon etc are always challenging for domestic titles and selling their best players. Do I like this, no however we just need to grasp that this is whats going to happen unfortunately.

6. Rosleabhoy

why...la liga, cash and sunshine.....any player would consider it

7. abhoyforlife

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy burns ,bertie auld
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    When the dust settles .Neil Lennon will decide whether or not izzy leaves or goes as previously stated he,s 1 year into a 4 year deal ,so let psg and bordeaux sniff around all they want ,If Lenny decides izzy is replaceable then we sell him for at least double what we paid for him.I know its a bummer having to sell 1 of our best players but if his hearts not in it then get shot of him

8. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    no that much better imo! i tried watching this when shitanta were on the go,and tbh iv never been so fed up watching football than of french.granted they have better and more quality aye! but as a whole dont like it.

9. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    there you go again with that cash malarky again! you seriously think every single player just wants the cash as you say? i agree with your 2 other points there though.

10. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yes. Would you turn down the chance of a better job with 4x the pay in a warm country or would you show loyalty to a firm that in all likelihood you had never heard of a year ago? You'd be out like a shot.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

tbh, i think the majority of players would look for cash, i would, if it was taking me to a good level of football, i mean if i didnt support celtic tho

12. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you speaking in football terms here? if so then ill say no i wouldnt. footballers who make say 10k a week are very well paid and if that isnt enough for them to live on(which * it should) then theres something wrong. im not a money chaser if i was playing and happy at a club who was paying me 10k a week? thenthat will do me fine. like i said football isnt all about money. i would rather have a decent wage like that and win trophies and enjoy my career.

13. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not worried by the likes of PSG etc coming in for him. It's the top tier teams I am worried about, but not this season. If he does even better next year he'll be offski IMO

14. gary88

this. I don't get why players move for more money when they have less chance of success but all depends on what drives you i suppose

15. Carlos Valderrama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    PSG have lots of cash to spend and are currently going through a re-building process.

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

has Izzy had a poor upbringing in Honduras does anyone know?

Cause i think thats a Valid reason to chase money, that way he could really help his family, making theri lives comfortable, aswell as having plenty for himself

17. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Fair enough.

I think it would be very different if you were actually in the situation as opposed to hypothesising. Enjoy your career? Who's to say he wouldn't enjoy playing for a club like villareal far more than Celtic? Playing with and against better players in a country that speaks your native tongue in a far more civilized culture.

You have to remember he has no prior affiliation to Celtic. Me? I'd be on the first plane before the Ink on the contract was dry