1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem at Rangers games

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by FrankMcCallum, May 24, 2011.

Discuss Problem at Rangers games in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I was thinking of relocating to near the GB this year BUT, the only thing putting me off is : at the cup replay at Parkhead this year I didn't have my own ticet and was in 414 instead, the same stand as the Rangers fans. I have to get to Nuneaton Street for the buses after the game and can't because of them and the fact that for some bizarre reason, the stewards don't let you go roung past the ticket office way, and put the fence up.
    We ended up walking round housing estates etc, with police not even knowing where Nuneaton Street was. There was a confrontation with a group of the scum and we had to walk past each other. After all of this, we were met with a barricade with about 4000 of the scum behind it. We had to go all the way back to Celtic Park ( by which time the fence had been lifted ) and went round by the Superstore and got to Nuneaton Street that way. I couldn't do that every Old Firm game as we just made the bus. Is there any way round this ?
    Cheers.

2. ciaran_1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka,Holy Goalie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    walk round the stadium instead and go out an exit in the jock stein stand

3. Sage

You had that problem because 414 is in the upper section of the Lisbon Lions stand which doesn't have access to the rest of the stadium. The Green Brigade in 111 (or any area in the lower stadium) can walk round and exit from the Jock Stein end so that won't happen to you if you relocate there.

Btw, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, you can usually just walk in the exit people are coming out of from the lower area. I did that for every game last season to avoid waiting at the * gate.