1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Sure on Lenny

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by doctor venglos, May 20, 2011.

Discuss Not Sure on Lenny in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cairns

All this means absolute * all, beating huns and we still lose the * league:47:

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Not to me and not to Lennon, I love beating the Huns and Lennon beats them as a Hobby :celt_2:

You just need to loosen up a bit and realise it's all about enjoying yourself andd not winning in any way possible. :50:

I have absolutley loved this season and so have the majority of our fans, nothings been won but so * we're a very good team, the best up here easily, we play good football, we have a great time at the games and we are winning most weeks. You canny beat it! trophies are nice but so is winning and enjoying just knowing yourve got a good team you like to go and see.

May I add too you'd need to be blind not to be able to see that Trophies will be coming :icon_mrgreen:

3. Churchill

Get behind Lenny and support him, he's had a great season, he's brought us 92 points this season which would have been enough to win the league any other season, be supportive of him, its what he needs right now, not fans doubting him

4. CallumFerrie

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    i just cant get enough
    i can imagine stokes being a complete * tbh his attitude isnt great and lenny wont like that

5. Ruxin

Well I'm the opposite of the OP as I couldn't be more certain with regards to our management team. We have had a season to remember and Lenny has delivered on his promise of returning the thunder to Celtic Park. I was as disappointed as any other fan not to win the SLC or SPL but this must be the only time that this has happened and I have not sunk into a month long state of depression, rather I am so optimistic about tomorrow and next season.

6. Kayal

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    This is because we know we're a good team.

Soemtimes you can lose out on the Trophies like 2003 and it doesn't matter because you know that youve got a good team and just knowing youve got a good team means they get a great backing from the fans, which means you like it even more as every games got a great atmosphere.

You cannot buy that.

We've been better this season than any of the last 6 seasons we might have won more in some of those seasons but we've never been this good and I anyway have never enjoyed going to the games or even watching games as much.

Pride is through the roof for me.

8. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    If you honestly think a manager coming in with no clue about our club could have done better, thats up to you mate.

Name him and dont say Craig Levien, i guy that gets sacked from leicester, and his record for scotland is shocking in games that matter.

Fact is we where on our knees after Mowbray, Lenny has done a brilliant job.

9. LK_7

If we had turned up away to Inverness or Samaras had not missed that penalty this thread would be praising Lennon.

I can see where you are coming from but I seriously believe we will win the league next year.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

This one's for you Doctor................

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVFBK9GhS5Q[/YOUTUBE]

11. Ryan2442

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Hartley, Barry Robson, Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Well said mate !!!!:50:

Hail Hail:shamrock:

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney

:56:
    When I actually read his post I first thought "That guy must be depressed" so maybe that is a bad idea posting that song mate :bbpd: I certainly wouldnt be taking the chance!

13. marcusfltn

Just leave scotland!

14. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    'IlovetheCeltic' your right

in 2003 we had a GREAT team got to Seville but dint win the league

this year weve a very good team which dint win the league

would you rather play * football like the huns and win the league

If I had said to you at the start of this season Rangers would win the league but next year we'll win the Europa league(which you never know we could do) you would take it!

15. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew

That'll be Alex Ferguson, one of the most experienced managers in the game versus Neil Lennon in his first season after taking over a broken and beaten club? Get a grip! If your expectations are that Lenny should be on a Ferguson or Guardiola level in his first season then you're always going to be disappointed. Yes, Lenny has made selection mistakes but if you look honestly at the progress that has been made this season than you have to admit that going to a new manager with no relationship with the current squad will be a massive step backwards. You forget that Ferguson had a number of trophyless seasons at the helm before Man U came into their stride. Had some of the people here been in charge of hiring and firing at Old Trafford there's every chance they'd have won * all in the past 20-odd years.

16. Matt_20

Yes, he has made mistakes with regards to player selection, his conduct and tactics. But he has also learned from them. He's allowed to make mistakes! Even the best managers do. I think he's learned the job much quicker than anyone would have thought.

17. farrell_bhoy Guest

Worst thread ever...

18. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Enough said.

Yes there is still parts of his management he needs to work on but he's young and eager. He has worked a miracle at Celtic fromt eh state we were in last year, could have finished 3rd if it wasn't for Lenny. For all the money he did spend, he made a lot by selling some top earners. If lenny stays I think we can go far, especially if Kayal, Ledley, Izzy and Hooper are here with the addition of 3 or 4 players.

1 Neil Lennon:84:

19. shughie

I am apt to agree with you, however a biggy for me and I am not thinking or saying you will agree, but Lenny has a high regard for Scott Brown and he is his captain, I find this a big problem, and I have in the past and to this day will say if Lenny in some way doesnt make it or walks away, I guarantee Scott Brown will have some affect on that.
    Good midfield players in my thinking should be intelligent, and constructive, and show quality in all departments, Scott (yellow card) Brown does NOT do that for me!
    Anybody thats doesnt agree with me about Brown, I say keep watching!

20. Andy bhoy

couldn't give a * if he's a *, he scores and makes goals which win matches, and winning games should be more important than lennys personal relationship with players

Apart from this i have been very pleased with Lenny, when he wins the cup tomorrow I'll be even more impressed :icon_mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.