1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FORREST

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hyly03, May 8, 2011.

Discuss FORREST in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mairilouise

100% agree :50: I made this point a few weeks ago that he looks to have bulked up a bit and as a result he has lost the blistering pace he had at the start of the seaon and I was laughed at!

2. magoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky/ Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    I have stuck my neck out for wee Forrest before, and I still stand by the fact that this wee guy is going to be a wee belter of a player. I will be the first to admit, that since his return, his performances have been very average at best. His performances earlier in the season convinced me, that James Forrest, will become a big star for the Hoops, and I totally support Lenny on his usage of the wee man. Trust in Lenny :50:

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think the pace is still there personally and I also can't see where he has bulked up, he still looks like a 14 year old boy.

His problem has been the mental aspect, in my opinion anyway. He's choosing to play conservatively whereas at the start of the season he was getting the ball and the first thought in his mind was to hit the byline. There was some of this from him today and you could even hear Lennon through the pitchside mic's screaming at him to take the full back at every opportunity so he's clearly been pushed into playing the way he did at the start of the season.

4. shughie

Not good enough for Celtic!

5. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Get him loaned out for next season IMO. Change of scenery could do him well.

6. northeast67

think hes coming back to his confidant self,get of his back.

7. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    The boy is 18 yr old ffs.yes he prob shouldn't be starting but that's lennys fault not his.I think it's his tracking back that Lenny likes

8. horseshoe

Some harsh comments considering his age, yes he makes some poor decisions and yes he's not been as good as he was at the start of the season, but he's a young raw talent, he'll take time to develop and grow as a player, I wouldn't be so hard on him just yet.

A loan spell might do him good, even just half a season somewhere he'll get regular starts, once everyone's fit at the start of next season he'll find it hard to break into the midfield I think.

9. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He has good pace, is strong and direct. First half of the season was really good, has faded a little, but I expect good things from him next year.

10. bobcat2010

He's got pace and that will serve him well.

Footballing wise he looks very raw. Don't think he is up to this level yet.

11. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I agree. He made more tackles than anyone yesterday. Not showing the potential he showed at the start of the season but he is a talent for sure.

12. Kez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal/ Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    He's class.

13. Barry Robson

Ats the game jump on his back after hes not been playing well. Hes a young boy whos been put in the first team of a massive club expected to win every week, had a bad injury and is now feeling the effects and the pressure. He has massive potential so give him time * sake I would have him in my team ahead of Maloney, especially after his ICT performance which was a shambles.

14. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

He will be a great wee player,give the lad time.Impressive start and will be like that again,I'm sure he will.Great set up for Broony too.

15. jamiebhoy88

Lad has a future for sure. Lessons learned this season will stand him in good stead!

I have been surprised by how often he has started as IMO is still a wee bit away of a stick on first teamer but I like the signs and I'm sure Lenny is handling him correctly.

Forrest has a bright future.

16. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    We are far too quick to over hype talent here the boy needs to put in a lot of work and learn his trade still .

Been a little of form since coming back from being injured might be better to have him on the bench and then bring him on .

17. tino1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo - Larsson - Stubbs - Hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields - Over & Over
    he is *, cant mind a decent game he's had!! wid have paddy in any day, even mcginn afore him..

18. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

cant believe people are saying hes * :31::31: 10 x the player mcginn is imo . hes got a good turn of pace , can go past players and has a end product .

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPO86gc7p1c[/YOUTUBE]

p.s that version of YNWA is dire

19. shughie

I remember hearing the same about Misuno the young Japanese player, I said almost from the start he wouldnt make it and he didnt, young Forrest unfortunately and I know its harsh, but he wont make it, no matter how wishful opinions are!

20. GG_NE_CORNER

Fav Celtic Player:
    brooonayyyy ! :D
    Fav Celtic Song:
    and i just cant seem tooo get eeee-nuff !
    no pace? forrest is like * off a shovel. hes been pretty poor since his injury but i think he could be useful after he works on delivery. knows how to get down the wing anyway. DDUTD game looked as if he had a powerful shot on him as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.