1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lenny's After Match Comments

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mike67, May 4, 2011.

Discuss Lenny's After Match Comments in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Heisenberg

"Defeat was inexcusable and I may have to change entire Celtic defence"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/0...four-after-inexcusable-defeat-86908-23108175/

Neil Lennon: Defeat was inexcusable and I may have to change entire Celtic defence
    May 5 2011 Keith Jackson
    [​IMG]
    CELTIC boss Neil Lennon last night savaged his players after they crashed to a potentially catastrophic defeat in the Highlands - and left Rangers three wins from the title.
    Lennon tore into his team after seeing them go down to Inverness in the game in hand which should have seen them reclaim top spot in the SPL going into the final straight.
    He singled out all four of his defenders for scathing criticism and warned he may have to axe some of them for the remainder of the run-in.
    But Lennon also shouldered his share of the blame by admitting he and backroom staff Johan Mjallby and Alan Thompson may have got their starting line-up wrong for a match of massive significance.
    And he said: "The players picked today of all days to have their poorest game of the season.
    "Defensively in the second half we were very poor and if you play like that you don't deserve to win any game.
    "We have let ourselves down - not just the players but me, Johan and Thommo.
    "I might have picked the wrong team but I only made one change because I wanted to keep the momentum going.
    "Now we might have to make more changes for the last few games. Suspensions will come into play, Beram Kayal could be out and I might have to change the back four after that."
    Caley Thistle took the lead in seven minutes through Adam Rooney and although that goal was cancelled out almost immediately by a stunning Kris Commons strike Terry Butcher's men seized control of the contest after the break.
    Goals from Grant Munro and Shane Sutherland put them 3-1 up.
    Commons pulled one back with an injury-time penalty and Lennon reckoned his side were denied another spot-kick in the dying seconds when sub Paddy McCourt collided with goal hero Munro.
    The frustrated Celtic boss booted a rack of energy drinks when the appeal was turned down but afterwards he said: "I actually thought we had another penalty claim when Shaun Maloney went down but, listen, that would be clutching at straws.
    "The two full-backs were poor, the two centre-halves were poor and the two centre forwards were eachy-peachy. You can't have that many players off colour and hope to get a result."
    Lennon insisted there was no evidence to suggest his players were struck down by title jitters.
    He said: "I didn't detect many nerves before the game. There is no excuse.
    "It was there for them tonight and we gave them all the warnings and told them what might happen. We never laid a glove on them."
    Lennon admits Rangers are now in the driving seat.
    He said: "It's in their hands now. They are a point ahead and we have to win all our games just to take it to the last day of the season."
    Lennon will wait anxiously for a medical report on Israeli midfielder Kayal who was taken to hospital with a suspected broken wrist and concussion.
    The manager said: "He's been fantastic for us this season but we'll have to see how he is. He could be out for a while but we will wait to see what the results are."

GET THEM TO * NEIL. Izaguirre can stay though obviously.

2. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    My thoughts exactly from Lenny. We badly need 2 centre halfs but I think Wilson and Izzy are class and just had an off day. Please be alrite Kayal.

3. CelticFC1967

* sake! On Sunday we'd give Barcelona a run for their money if you listened to some people on here! Get a grip, we have a good squad in terms of quality, the problem is the lack of heart and desire. One defeat, however damaging, doesn't mean we should just start selling people etc.

4. Heisenberg

don't talk pish, our defence is woeful. You trying to say majstorovic and mulgrew could handle messi iniesta when they can barely handle adam rooney? :rolleyes:

5. MartinR

Was a * shame. A real let down to all tic fans.

6. Bratfurdbhoy1

Onto the last 3 games and the Cup!!!!! Just put it all behind you and move on!!! Stop Greeting everybody!!!!

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The defence needs sorting. That we knew at the start of the season. Being saying all along that Majstorovic wasn't good enough as well. He was found wanting last night.

We still haven't replaced Caldwell and McManus.

8. supremeknight

Fav Celtic Player:
    Then: Jimmy Johnstone. Now: Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, I have an original '45 vynal record
    To say that I'm GUTTED is mild to say to say the least, raging angry might be closer to the mark. While we have no * given right to win games like this, the fact remains that teams like ICT should never really be able to live with us on the park given our relative resources.

I'm far too disappointed right now to engage in any rational (maybe there isn't any) dissection of what went on yesterday and why?

9. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    weve known that for years, but done next to nothing about it.

10. craigcfc7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broonyy...Broonyy....!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well if it good enough for Arsene Wenger to take his frustration out on a water bottle, its good enough for Lenny! Nothing wrong with showing your frustration and passion on the touchline IMO. :50:

11. Ryan109

what was he ment to do ? the league was just thrown away by tht shuvel of * and hes went through everything he has for * ALL . was he ment to be calm and not give a * like mowbray after 4-0 ?

12. GIBBY THE TIM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Mcgrain/Roy Aitken/HENRIK
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover/Hail Hail/
    Agree 100% about majstorivich all season he has been continually caught way out of position especially up at the halfway line when he has no need to be that far up the park leaving a giant gap between him and mulgrew and although last night wasn't entirely his fault an international with his supposed experience should be organising the defence a lot better than he has been and although the stats may show our defensive as decent i feel we have been lucky on a few occasions this season but i still think there might be another twist in title race at the weekend but it remains to be seen if we can win our last 3 games if we can do that then we might get a helicopter sunday as press like to call it going in our favour for a change it might be 3rd time lucky heres hoping :50:

13. craigcfc7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broonyy...Broonyy....!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Spot on....If he had just sat on the bench there would have been the same folk saying "Why was Lennon just sitting there while the title slipped away?" The man cant win! 1 Neil Lennon! :shamrock:

14. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    We are all Neil Lennon.

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    well lennon had last summer to get players in and also the jan window aswell and done * all so the buck stops with him and the board

he thought his back 4 where good enough and now it shows they are not, got hammered for saying this a few times but i hate it cause i knew i was right and wish i was not

16. Mr. Slippyfist

He portrays himself as a thug? Yes * forbid he should take his anger out on those poor defenceless waterbottles:31::31::31:

Comments like this are ridiculous, especially when thugs are brainded morons who go around beating up defensless people in the street, harassing old people, stabbing people, battering woman and hitting kids.....but yes I see where you are coming from:rolleyes:

Get a grip:38:

17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I done more or less the same thing as him,hardly makes me a thug.

18. GIBBY THE TIM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Mcgrain/Roy Aitken/HENRIK
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover/Hail Hail/
    Spot on padmill :50:

19. Mr. Slippyfist

:50:

Comments like that pander to those similar in hun media:38:

20. CelticFC1967

read what I said again.