1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gerry_bhoy, May 1, 2011.

Discuss Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bamboozle

best way to coax him along is to bring him on against tiring defences when we are 2 or 3 goals up in games, let him play without too much pressure and see his confidence grow.

2. sickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Keane, Kamara, Boruc and Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone, This Land Is Your Land:D
    Been very poor recently. Been really disapointed with him for the last while, seems to want to cut back and pass the ball back when hes in a good position to cross, his head goes down quite easy. Looked a cracking player the start of the season so I have no doubt in his quality, he will come back soon. Just want him to take on players like he did at the start of the season....just run past them as though they arent there. Hes got a bright future no doubt:50:

3. Tomas

Has to be on the bench, not doing it from start. If he comes on for last 30mins maybe his pace can hurt defences.
    Pre- season is going to be so important for his development, still a great prospect but no more than that right now.

4. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Its the same alll the time a young player comes through we hype them up & then defenders figure out their game & keep them out the game.

At one point hooper was freaking out with him as a great pass from hooper should have put forrest through on goal but he was well pace

cmon weeman buck up your ideas else lenny will drop you

5. JIMMY VANDAM

Ye was thinking the same.:50:

6. Shepard

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wolfetones - Celtic Symphony
    Thoroughly agree. :50:

I'm expecting alot from this lad. Hopefully next season is his time to shine.

7. sdickson

not good today and only a young lad still learning,bench for me now and bring on near end,play paddy or maloney on wed or put broony there and ki in middle,i do think broony is better in middle tho.

8. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Some of the abuse he was getting yesterday was shocking, men in their 40's/50's screaming at him to '* off' & 'you're * forrest', felt like kicking their * in

9. Aldobaldo

Aye there was a bawbag just like that sitting behind me yesterday, disgraceful some of the * coming oot his mouth. Don`t understand why folk do this. The guy couldnae even bring himself to applaud when the goals went in.

Forrest is a young boy and folk expect instant results, give the guy some time to learn and more importantly support. Negatvie attitudes like that won`t help, plus its just as frustrating for him when he isn`t playing well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
  10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I was at the Killie game earlier in the season when we drew against them at Parkhead and he got absolute dogs abuse to the point it was disgusting to hear from a group of Celtic fans.

'* off ya wee hun' and the likes from people old enough to know better.

11. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Exactly this ^ (aldo & hammer). Think maybe Lenny is keen to start him at home to help get his confidence back through fans support, which he did get a lot of to be fair, but there were also a fair number of guys where i was (about 10 rows up) giving him dog's abuse which he must've heard. * them, idiots.

12. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    I thought he had a bad game. He gave the ball away at least 3 times when we were in the ascendency and looked like we had the momentum to score.

It's OK to have a bad game and still come out on the winning side.

Lennon obviously sees something in him which I have seen in spells also. I'd rather have had him than Weiss thats for sure!

I hate some of the abuse our fans dish out. Some people can get a bit passionate and overall yesterday's game must have been frustrating for most of our fans.

I thought bringing Ki on was the right choice and Forrest was still applauded as he went off.

13. gerry_bhoy

* tools.

14. KhingLarsson

I agree, he was constantly losing the ball in promising situations. Taking shots when there was a better option for a pass, running it out of play. Needs to cop on if he's to command a starting slot because on the basis of that last performance he's nowhere near the starting lineup but in saying that he's only 20(if even that) and he's still learning the game. Hopefully he'll have a bright future ahead of him with Celtic.

15. T.Rogne25

I agree with what your guys were saying about the abuse he's getting.

Forrest when he was playing great at the start of the season, said mainly the reason he was playing so well was because when he got the ball the crowd were willing him on to beat his man.

So imagine what it's like now for him to get the ball and hear 'ya hun *' or 'your *'

It's a joke.

16. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He definitely went off the boil after the injury but in th past few weeks I think he's been coming onto a game. For so long after the injury he just didnt look like a threat anymore but at Kilmarnock (0-4) and yesterday I thought he looked dangerous. He's on his way back and I think he'll come out flying next season.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He actually had a very good first half.

18. Henriksdreads

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Lubo Moravcik / Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Forrest was pretty guff at the weekend, but the abuse he got from some folk was unreal!! They boy is still a teenager, i just ask that we don't get on his back when he makes the odd mistake here or there.

I think he has the quality to become a good winger for us if he gets the backing from the management and the stands. Just wish he would knock it past the full backs more often (Didier Agather style!), he is easily one of the quickest guys in the league.

19. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He will be a quality player for us in a few years time. Got a lot of big characters and good players in the squad to learn from, Commons, Maloney who play in the same positions, he'l learn a ton from them. Having guys like Ledley and Brown, Ledley, cool head, and Brown his captain.
    And Lenny as well. He really sees the potential in a good few of our young players, not just Forrest, and he really wants these guys to take the step up.
    He can play a big part next season young Forrest.