1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

old firm referee named

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Hydrobhoy, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss old firm referee named in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    expected this.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I find it incredible there is now such focus on who referees any particular match. They have made themselves the highlight rather than the support act.

A good ref you should not even notice.

3. Conor1994

4. celtic20

He's a good ref imo.....i think he'l do a good job on sunday just like he did last time......hopefully anyway

5. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Agreed

A few token decisions (correctly) in our favour and all of a sudden he’s the best in the league…

Laughable

* the HFA

6. boylebhoy95

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    good stuff. best ref in the league IMO.:shamrock:

7. BADGERBHOY

Not too sure about that, wasn't he the ref in the Hearts game when Lenny got sent off?

Sure he may have been more even handed lately but I wouldn't be surprised if we get another apology after the game. Hope I'm wrong though

8. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    It's really irrelevant who the ref is.if we play anywhere near that 1st half against hibs last week the Huns have no chance

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I hate him more than any other Ref in the League, hes a hun * :38:

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Its not irrelevant at all, ive been to Ibrox plenty of times where the Ref heavily influences the game byt giving the huns soft freekicks and playing on when we're fouled, or booking our players early doors, ignoring our penalty claims etc

A ref can easily win a match for a team if he wants without being blatant about it.

A hun refereeing a huns game in a game the huns need to win... theres really only one outcome :54::38:

11. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    have to agree.the guy is a dyed in the wool bluenose-i think hes quite a good ref and ,by sfa standards,reasonably impartial.however,we are talking about saint walters final season,final old firm game-and hes up against the anti-hun in neil lennon!can see a few honest mistakes being made tbh.guess who benefits?

12. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not pleased to hear this- we should've had a penalty when it was 0-0 in the cup final, huns should never have got the free-kick that lead to their winner, Izzy should never have been sent off. Still, could be worse, it could be Collum, Brines or Norris.
    Interesting to see the hun forum where they're all going on about how awful he is, how much the SFA are favoring us, largely because of the reversed penalty decision in the final. And they call us paranoid?

13. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    As long as the descisions on the day are correct I couldn't care less.

14. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I think he will give Rangers everything.

15. andycfc94

Second this ! But tbh i'm not too bothered because pretty much any ref we get is going to cheat us so as long as we don't get worked up about decisions going against us and we remain focused then we can just play them off the park :celt_2:

16. KieranCampbell

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Di Canio, Donnelly, Maloney, McGeady, Hartson, Sutton, Commons, Kayal, Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    FoA, YNWA, Willie Maley, JCGE