1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

freddie Ljungberg

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by oorwullie2, Mar 9, 2011.

Discuss freddie Ljungberg in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    he sounded him out, suggested him, they signed him. it would have been a big factor. So yes. mates with bid maj too.

we've been through this. You know what I think. No need to go through it again.

2. Hooperman67

:56:
    Might not be fully fit but he is still a great player to have on the bench IMO

3. Jason Bhoys1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Nicholas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough
    And whats your point, so we signed ljungberg on looks:bbpd:

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I'm still happy with his signing. He is a massive name, he has lost none of his game intelligence and he will play before the end of the season.

Brown is playing his best stuff in a Celtic jersey on the right wing, Commons can't stop scoring from the left and Hooper, Stokes and Samaras are all scoring, creating and giving huns the run around.

His problem is actually getting a couple of games under his belt but I think his invaluable experience and professionalism can't be under-estimated both on and off the field especially with a group of team mates mostly 25 and under.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Really doubt that he was signed as a tutor. If that was the case he would have been signed as a coach.

Lennon spoke at the end of 2010 of wanting to get in players with 'a bit more nous'. So I feel he was signed to try and provide that. The thing is, we've been playing well and his match fitness wasn't there when Ljungberg signed so getting into the team has been difficult for him.

6. CarlosTe-wess

He should be given a game to freshen things up. At least give him 20 minutes at the end of the game when we're cruising. He's a good player and I wna see him on the pitch in a celtic shirt. If he gets a string of games we could see his real qualities coming out. He needs game time to adjust to Scottish football. May be too late in the season tho...

7. baileybhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    I Just can't get enough
    he cant get into the team because the system is working great and the players are playing well. nothing wrong with that, you dont mess about with things for the sake of it.

8. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This and nothing else!

9. sirmike045

think he's severely unfit, highly doubt he was ill with the cold on the jan 2nd game, lennon just knew better!

10. northeast67

surely he,d be at least due half hour off the bench, hope he getss games through effort and not the name,its got to lift the team just his being thier, must have an injury

11. Hez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efrain Juarez, Gary Hooper, Jos Hoovield, Joe Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone/ Let The People Sing.
    Was wondering what the deal with him was, when he hasnt been seen for a while. :97: But to be fair, Brown has been playing his best football on the right of midfield and Commons has been a sensation since arriving, so, is it just a case of, not being able to get into the side? I don't know. I would like to see him getting game time under his belt. He's in no way past it, in my opinion. Think he can do a very decent job for us in the closing parts of the season.

12. maggiethatcher

Fav Celtic Song:
    never walk alone
    We signed him partly because we had a striker shortage at the time and he could be played in the hole, and we had quite a few midfielders struggling for fitness. The new Years Day derby shows this because he was pencilled in to play and Kayal was just back, Brown was suspended, Mulgrew had to be shifted into midfield to cover, Hooper, Murphy, Kapo, Maloney and Forrest were injured while Ki and Cha were on Asia Cup duty.

His experience though is invaluable for the likes of Forrest and to a lesser extent, McGinn, Brown and Juarez. When he came on against Dundee United he looked good but picked up a niggle and now the team is doing pretty well!

13. combene

lenny said a couple weeks back that he had a calf strain and has never really been quite fit enough since he got here. hate to say i told you so but................

14. tonycfc78

Guy was always going to be a gamble but I would rather have took the chance at the time if I remember right Brown, Hooper, Ki and Kayal were all missing Samaras was playing woeful and Commons and Stokes hadn't signed, would love to see have have a few full games and should get his chance with injuries and suspensions plus I think were playing some diddy team in the League Cup too.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    looks past it imo,maybe he has been carrying a knock but just didn't look likely to do anything when he did play.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

we have never been short in the midfield mate

don't know why we got him in waste of money really, we did need a CB but got him in instead by the looks of it and now look we have more problems since big dan is out

hope his deal is only till the summer

17. mickmck79

Dont think it was a panic buy, mind the St J game at parkhead at the end of the year when Cha and Ki scored in the last minute, there was no creativity between the midfield and strikers, think Freddie was brought in to maybe add that wee bit of creativity there but unfortunetly for him the chance to sign Commons came up and offered more.

Dont get thes fans that are obsessed with what players are earning a week, the clubs run well just let Lenny get on with managing his budget.

18. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley

This :56:

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

^ Lol

great player 10mins at the end of 3 away games is not enough he needs another chance

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

^ Lol

great player 10mins at the end of 3 away games is not enough he needs another chance