1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

I wish this was real

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Mar 7, 2011.

Discuss I wish this was real in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  2. JamesConnolly

* sake iv got 18% left in my laptop aswel :54:

3. format

Trollscience.jpg :p

4. djw1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    :56: If that was real i'd buy one. It could work but it'd take forever to charge. 5v power output....it's take all day.

The battery in my laptop is shocking. 2 month old sony and battery life is about 1hr if i'm lucky

5. Sankt Peter

why cant something like that be made? whereby the electric just continually circulates without leaving the comp? surely some mad scientist out there holds the key!

6. Brammer

The electricity never leaves anywhere, it's transformed into energy and powers the components. I'm sure somebody somewhere has the technoloy to power devices for years on end but we will never see it as long as energy remains one of the worlds largest commodities.

7. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    the battery on my laptop is pretty much dead, it will last anywhere between 10 minutes to 30 minutes.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Mines lasts about 1 hour, 45 minutes on high performance, not bad since i got it in December 2008. Still works like new too even though i have about 25 films and 3000 songs on it apart from the built in camera hasnt worked for about a year. Dell Studio 17, id reccomend it.

9. djw1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It's totally possible to power something using uranium. It'd be relatively easy for a company to make a battery using the smallest amount. A tiny bit off of a uranium rod could power a laptop for 100s of years without ever needing charging. I doubt any company would though. Would be dangerous (but not impossibe to seal) and companies would have less income. They will contine to sell us cheap crap no matter what.

To put it into perspective each rod yields enough energy to power a 60 watt lightbulb for 600-700 years so i'd imagine they could realistically make lifetime batteries if they really wanted to.

10. The The Hand

Can just imagine the Overclock-yr-PC sites: "Laptop thermonuclear weapon hack (screwdriver and solder)" :56:

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

12. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
  13. KhingLarsson

What are you on about wishing this was real? it is real :icon_mrgreen: its very simple really, when the cathodes in the cpu memory bus send the electrons over to the alu registers, they then in turn convert the electrons into combusting neutrons which in turn power the batery. Which then sends the power back to the cpu so the combusting neutrons get reconverted into cathodes but with a twist(thats the secret) the twist is they're not cathodes anymore but actually negative neutrons and when the negative neutrons react with the electrons they make a positive charge(hence two negatives = a positive) which in turn gets put back into the battery as positive charge. The algebraic forumula is very simple x(2) + y(-2) * (y(2) - x(-2)) - (y + x) + (x - y) = z, z equals positive charge :icon_mrgreen: I do computer science so I must be telling the truth.

14. celticminded89

Always wait til the very last second before my battery dies running about looking for the charger.

15. pelethebhoy

No wonder you can't spell larsson, if your head is filled with that nonsence

16. KhingLarsson

What are you on about? my username is spelt correctly :icon_mrgreen: I corrected what's in bold as well :50: have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  17. djw1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    :56: quite a scary thought that. On second thought my suggesttion is a very bad idea. It could work but i could just imagine someone wiping out a whole town by trying some diy botch job.