1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Would YOU boycott the tabloids in support of Lennon?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by pelethebhoy, Mar 7, 2011.

Discuss Would YOU boycott the tabloids in support of Lennon? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pelethebhoy

Right, in responce to recent allegations involving Lennon branding him "racist" the club have issued a statement declaring they are seeking legal advice over these matters.

I for one feel this type of propoganda has been going on for years. Before OF games there's always at least 1 of our players being linked to other clubs.

The question is would/will you support Lennon and Celtic and boycott the downmarket tabloids that are printing these stories?

I currently buy the Hun, the daily ranger and the evening times, with the latter being the only impartial paper IMO.

2. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  3. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    dont know maybe? some articles are sound where as some are * ludicrus. so 50-50 i suppose.

4. format

I don't buy them in the first place. Poor excuse for a newspaper.

5. horseshoe

I don't know how anyone can buy the the redtops in general, nevermind the * they spout about our club, they're pish.

6. Dáibhí

Exactly.

In this day & age there are plenty of other sources for your Celtic news every day, including some highly credible websites.

I'd rather save money on * newspapers and donate a quid a week to certain Celtic news sites out there.

7. kingdom kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama the noo.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jumping oot their windaes when we win.
    Why do some of our supporters still buy these rags?

I mean it`s quite clear what they are all about.

8. BobbyEvans

:50:

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

yes

10. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Pro-war propaganda,malicious campaigns,downright lies,biased reporting sportswise.
    This sums up basically every "newspaper" in this country.You can get the news free online anyway,so it's ridiculous that people even have to ask this question.
    I'll stick to The Beano.:50:

11. pelethebhoy

It's habit with a lot of people, I've bought them for years, for news as well as football, however I will only be buying the evening times from now on!

12. Dáibhí

For news? Christ...

13. kingdom kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama the noo.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jumping oot their windaes when we win.
    For news ,surely ye mean gossip and lies?:icon_mrgreen:

14. jiko

If people want to boycott the papers then it's no big deal , but would be a bit hypocritical of them to then use newspaper articles whenever it suits them..
    I've seen some people say they only boycott buying them but have no problem reading them online for free , because that's different.. each to their own I say..

I buy them because I like to gauge what's being said , but I can see why people get * off , as someone mentioned in the diouf - Lennon spat , the two line quote from agent Willie Mckay which virtually renders the whole story as being a sham was hidden at the very bottom of the online edition , while the headline gave the impression the story had foundation to it..

15. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    Can't understand anyone buying these rags at all. On a purely economical level you can get all the same info for free, it's like buying a CD these days, what's the point?

But the more important reason that I can't understand is that all these papers print are sensationalist lies at the front and anti-Celtic propaganda at the back.

Waste of money, waste of time, and the only way the media will change is if they are hit in the pocket.

16. ekghirl09

Don't buy them, only read online..it's free.
    On the main they are *, you'll find out more by reading the web sites and you know they are nicking stories from there anyway.

17. wulliebad

wont change anything.....celtic fans do not make a big enough diff to there sales figs.

18. kenyan_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    unfortunately while the hun, the daily ranger and even notw clearly have an anti-celtic agenda, we know that when the tabloids publish the dirt that needs to be said in favour of our club, we are drawn into them in droves. look at the steven craven affair, hugh dallas and now ehd clearing lennons name. we need the tabliod press in that sense, none of the big papers print this kind of thing and if they do they are not certainly not the ones who break the story.

solution is to avoid the unnecessary. dont buy the paper, read it online. avoid the tripe and the pointless scrutiny of every article with any hint of agenda. its there no doubt, but dissenters are just readers in their eyes and they will continue to write their drivel with increasing unconcern with each click of their pointless articles. read them when it matters.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
  19. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I don't buy any newspapers.

20. Aldobaldo

Don`t buy any tabloid newspaper, read The Herald.