1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

who says Ki was a Liability

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Beer!, Mar 2, 2011.

Discuss who says Ki was a Liability in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BobbyPetta

THIS WAS MY POST FROM THE KI LIABILITY THREAD

(Why pinpoint KI ???? he has always been one of our best players this season when called upon. The guy is a good football player , the best passer of a ball in our team.

You cant expect a good football player to be able to do what he does best on a pitch like that. * SPL is a shambles , teams cant even afford to keep a decent playing surface. We are a laughing stock.

Turned the TV over to the West Ham game today at half time and the pitch there was like a bowling green.

Then all these deluded scottish football fans and coaches fail to realise the attributes which make you successful in football , the attributes which are key for younger players to develop into stars.
    Instead we want guys who work hard , have very limited technical ability but appear to give 100% because they throw themselves into challenges and headers. This hardman mentality is the reason Scotland has a * league and develop very few good football players.

Ki is a good football player , Scott Brown is awful. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always liked KI , but the section of fans who moan about guys being too lightweight , not hard enough or dont run about enough need to take a look at themselves in the mirror and re think thier idea of football.

The reason we have been * destroying Rangers is because we have guys like him in our team. Good Football players. Look at the huns , started kicking everything that moved becasue they were outclassed.

You win in Football by playing Football SIMPLE AS THAT.
    <!-- / message -->

2. pelethebhoy

Technically decent just needs to move the ball quicker like kayal ledley and now brown!

3. Hez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efrain Juarez, Gary Hooper, Jos Hoovield, Joe Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone/ Let The People Sing.
    Well done Ki. :icon_mrgreen:

Thought we'd miss Ledley's passing and vision tonight but Ki stepped up well. Deserves the praise.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    First full 90 minutes with Kayal. Who bossed the midfield.

On yersel Davie Bhoy

5. gunt

rate Ki higher than ledley

would never play them together in CM

6. Ryan2442

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Hartley, Barry Robson, Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Me !!!!!!!
    I'll still say he's a liability & vastly 'Overrated' !!!!!!!!!!!!:54:

Hail Hail:shamrock:

7. adsfking

is this some kind of joke?

8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ki and Kayal ran the show last night. He's a quality player and makes those long passes look all too easy with either foot.

Commons is the weak-link in the midfield. I'd bring Ledley in for him to toughen it up a little more.

9. OverandOver

He was excellent but he is one of these players who is excellent in the lush, green, wide parkhead pitch but stuggles badly in the small, stuffy, quagmire pitches around Scotland. Kayal on the other hand, is class wherever he plays. I am coming round to the idea that he is a better partner for Kayal than Ledley though, more of a goal threat and a better passer.

10. timthebhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ki was good last night done all the things that he should be doing and done them well.

I would still say though that its not done enough and I wouldnt have him in my starting 11. Dont know if its jut him and Ledley dont work well together but I would have Ledley before him. So I guess in answer to your question OP... Me

11. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    In full approval of this thread.

Regardless of last night, the "liability" tag was absolutey exaggerated by someone known for off-the-hip exaggerations.

Ki was great last night, although still for me not his best showing. Although good last night he's had far far better games this season but still his critics have blanked that from memory, which is so galling.

Brown and Kayal done the battling, Ki sat extremely deep (almost between the centre-backs) spraying passes, maintaining possession, and even got forward enough to have some real goes. The one that swerved dangerously past the post was fantastic and you could tell he was getting closer.

Another myth busted - the work rate.

Ki lost the ball (admittedly not in great fashion) bursting into the Rangers box. He should've done better with it. Now the critics will tell you he throws his hands in the air and saunters back towards his own half. But absolutely not.

He chased back from roughly the penalty spot and when the ball came to the Rangers left back who was now deep in Celtic's half, it was KI who bust a gut getting back to win back possession. The silly notion that he's lazy has always been rubbish, but I thought that was a nice point to highlight.

Thought he put in some good deliveries too, and his free-kick was better than Commons' and Mulgrew's efforts. Although I'm sure there will be others who tell you otherwise - don't listen.

12. BobbyEvans

* almighty!

I don't think 98% of the people on that thread said that he was liability, just that him and Ledley can't play together. Another over-reaction. He was quality last night.

13. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Oh come on who said 98%? Another overreaction (lol)? There were a significant number ardently against Ki, a particularly vocal bunch. And it wasn't just that him and Ledley couldn't play together - a sentiment many people appreciate. There were silly criticsms bandied about like "lazy", "casual", "slow", "dallies", "crap set-pieces" and of course the infamous "liability" tag. In fact in your words Bobby a "lazy, gutless *"

Silly stuff really, question is now who should play with Kayal?

14. throbberbhoy

Drop Ledley and have Ki and Kayal as the central midfield pairing. He is everything Ledley is except so much better. Better range of passing, better composure on ball, willing to hit from distance. Ki clearly is a talented footballer and how currently Ledley gets a starting place ahead of him is beyond me.

15. Paul55

I don't think Ki is a liability or over-rated but we do have better midfielders to play ahead of him. He offers a passing range that we don't usually have though.

16. horseshoe

Ledley has the starting place because Ki had to leave for asia, Ki was our best player before then and Kayal has been the best since, so Kayal-Ki would be my first choice everytime, but saying that Ledley hasn't actually done anything wrong to warrant being dropped, it'll be pretty harsh on him.

17. BobbyEvans

In retrospect, you're right. I said he was gutless at times for one. Maybe that was the wrong word, but he does struggle away against teams and he can be a bit casual. The rest of those quotes I disagree with, but he's not the finished article yet and I disagree with anyone who says he is. I think there's so much more to come from him, but he just needs to iron out the kinks in his game.

I like both Ki and Ledley. Ki probably offers more offensively, but Ledley does everything asked of him to a T.

18. sdickson

people keep saying he was a liability on sunday but everyone of our players was a liability on sunday.we cant have another hangover on saturday against hamilton

19. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    Ki still shouldn't be in starting 11 when Ledleys in the team in my opinion. Although as much as I thought of him after the Well game, he proved me wrong Last night. Hope he does throughout the future.

20. Jinky1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by the Wolfetones
    A bit dodgy defensively but smashing with the ball at his feet.