1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scarecrow, Feb 27, 2011.

Discuss Fraser Forster. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. skotish

Spot on the about his indecision mulgrew was at fault but so was big lurch

2. Conor1994

In no way was Forster at fault for the goal. In no way. And if he wasn't Newcastle's reserve keeper no one would be saying this. If Boruc hadn't left and had performed in the same way Forster had this season no one would be saying anything. In fact, Forster has already had more clean sheets in a season than Boruc ever did.

3. Colin McRae

Fav Celtic Player:
    henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    the only use forster is to celtic is with crosses. he's not good enough in any other dept

4. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Agree you would need to be thick as * to try shift the blame from that clown shoe.

5. duffbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony

dosent change the fact his decsion making is horrendous and never commits himself fully therefore leaving himself open to making mistakes in saying that for a big lad he can fairly get down quick i think a couple of years under a good keeper and he'll be grand. my opinion is that zaluskas shud never have been dropped especially for a learner keeper so to speak. but if th big man stays in goal then hes got my support but im sure theres better options out there

6. shendr18

Bollocks

7. LyleDavidson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson & Sutton - KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBG
    not based on today because the big man wasnt at fault at all as mulgrew made all the mistakes in the 1st goal as he allowed the ball to bounce when the first ball should have been sent back up the park then he decided to try and usher a ball back with no pace on it when he should have put it in row z as its one of the first thing you learn as a cb is if in doubt kick it out. then the pen if he had went the right way he still would have been miles away from it

but he isnt good enough to be a celtic goalkeeper he doesnt comand his area which give his defence no confidence , every time the ball is passed back to him my heart sinks even kicking out his hands is poor at best , hes not quick off his line and a feel for his height he doesnt come for enough in the air

8. mickey123cfc

Mulgrew * up for the first goal, * all to do with Forster.
    He let the ball bounce TWICE ffs any decent defender would have just cleared it.

9. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    One of these guys that seems to do very little wrong yet get it in the neck after every defeat. :rolleyes:

Did nothing wrong today, Mulgrew should have cleared at the opener and he caught, kicked and saved everything else comfortably.

Maybe if he 'blessed himself at Ibrox and made the huns go aff ther nut', had big blue eyes, pranced around Glasgow nightclubs or grabbed Davie Weir by the throat, he would be a hero eh? :rolleyes:

10. Artur Boruc #1

He's a bombscare in dealing with crosses. His only strength is shot stopping.

11. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    :50:bang on he should act like a clown like Boruc did

12. Artur Boruc #1

So blessing yourself and standing up to Davie Weir constitutes as acting like a clown ?

13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    My heart is in my mouth every time a cross comes in to the 6 yard box, and it should be the opposite with a 6ft 7' goalkeeper. The way he came out for the ball which they headed off the bar is just typical of what I mean. Very clumsy and slow looking.

I may be alone here? (not read other threads yet) but I blame him for the first goal, not Mulgrew.

14. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is almost exactly what I think, Ive just this second said to Dec on facebook for a big lad he isn't commanding enough.

I also blame him for the first goal mate, he should have took control of the situation and came rushing out to deal with it or screamed at Mulgrew to get rid, obviously I don't know what was said but I didn't see him scream to get rid.

15. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    How commanding was he against Rangers?

Very.

He is capable. The team as a whole were poor. There was nothing offered at the other end just as much as we we were poor at our own

16. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Im not saying he's not good enough mate, just thought today he looked very shaky.

He was excellent against the huns but today he just didn't look comfortable dealing with crosses.

Although to be fair, there was about 8 players who could have had a thread made about them on their performance.

17. hammy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Cant agree more with this thread. As the guy said this is not a knee * reaction and he's no basing it on todays game. He's just saying the guy isnt good enough for Celtic and he's right. He's an average keeper. Nothing special which isnt good enough for a club this size. We need a really good keeper. Not an average one

18. Artur Boruc #1

Not commanding in the slightest when he nearly cost us a goal until Mulgrew baled him out.

19. combene

bang on. he's a decent shot stopper but we need more

20. seanster

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank McAvennie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    every time he is near the ball im worried so unconvincing.