1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most you have ever payed to watch Celtic?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by AnthonyBhoy, Feb 26, 2011.

Discuss What is the most you have ever payed to watch Celtic? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    £70 for Old Trafford for the home end and my dad paid €80 for the Nou Camp the last one to use a guys season ticket. Not really that much.

2. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    anyone daft enough to pay over the odds deserves to be ripped off tbh-a real tim wouldnt rip off a fellow celtic fan

3. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    The reason my dad paid so much is because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that may not come around soon, if celtic reach the champs league final in my lifetime i would pay obscene amounts of money to go to it because its such a special occasion.

You would say to yourself later on in life whatever the score, i was there i saw that match in which celtic played in the second biggest final in world football. The experience of that is priceless, i am honoured to have experienced a european final with celtic and will not forget the experience.

4. nfg3001

300 euro for the final in Seville, the only other match I have paid over the odd's for was us vs Blackburn but I know alot of us paid over the odds for that match

5. old tim

I`ve found if you try to sell at face value people think its a con ,so we charge a fiver more then hand it back .been doing it since wembley 1973.I would neber sell one for over price.

6. old tim

Sorry I neber meant to say never:celt_2:

7. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    I paid damned-near $800 to fly from Dallas to Toronto to watch Celtic get beaten by Benfica the summer before last. It was pre-season but most of the full squad were in the UK for European qualifiers (I think). Got to see Paddy, Crosas, Danny Fox and wee James Forrest.

8. dikthetim

i was in seville and could have got a ticket for 400 quid didnt get it cause id promised the missus i wouldnt pay silly money 8 years later and its still one of the biggest regrets of my life

9. Gourlay1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tam Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I paid £45 for a ticket to the game against dunferline, when we lifted the trophy. think we got beat 2-1. Anyway, outside the ticket office a guy was selling tickets so i thought at £20 seemed like a bargin, got into the stadium, my seat actually didnt exist! the ticket was a dud yet i got in, anyway my stupid mate, went over to ask a steward where his seat was, we got flung out and stood outside the ticket office again, this wee old ghent gave us tickets for £25. mental!

10. CelticMad88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons & Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    £70 all together (£35 ticket £20 petrol £15 Hotel ) and thats for the cup replay

11. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    Hate * Artmedia

Unfortunately, I can' t aford trip to Scotland or IRELAND, but I still remember the day when Partizan Belgrade should play against CELTIC, but unfortunately we lost and Artmedia came to Belgrade or it is maybe better to say SINDIDUN, BECAUSE IT WAS FOUNDED BY CELTS AND IT WAS CALLED SINDIDUN. I WAS READY TO PAY ABOUT 150 EUROS TO MY FRIEND WHO HAD TICKET FOR THAT MATCH, BUT CELTIC 4-0 Artmedia was not enough. I still remember that night. I was so dissapointed that I ill and I couldn't go to sea trip, but it wasn't matter at all. That defeat hurts me even nowadays. :icon_cry:

12. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I suppose if you put it this way, if you could afford to pay over the odds for a special once in a lifetime ticket would you?

its not like buying a car or a house because you always know the opportunity to do that will always be there, yet as some have mentioned if an opportunity to see celtic in a european final was offered then thats an exceptional circumstance for me, you can say what you want about refusing to pay face value for a ticket but again its how much the ticket is worth to each particular person.