1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone feel cheated???

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gaz8467, Jan 31, 2011.

Discuss Anyone feel cheated??? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big Innes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!!
    The squad is good enough imo, and to have capable players like Mulgrew and Wilson who can fill in at CB when needed, I don't think it's too big a deal we didn't bring another in.

2. shughie

I dont feel cheated thats how Lawwell and the rest of the inept BOARD operate. :47:

3. kris_bhoy_1916

some players need a move to get there career back on track for example charlie adam ... 18 goals this season and doesnt have the best of players around him

4. The The Hand

I think you're right.

The only real gripe I have is that we shouldn't have let Hooiveld go out on loan until we'd secured a CB.
    This was a basic facepalm error, and I hope we don't suffer for it.

But I'm not sweating - Rogne may well be back for tomorrow's game, Maj is due back in just over a week, Mulgrew has looked pretty good at CB, and even Loovens is back in contention if we need him.

A striker would have been nice, but both of our signings - Commons and Ljungberg - can play and have played as 2nd strikers.

There are no guarantees with new signings. Shoving a brand new player straight into the 1st team is always a gamble, especially in defence. If we couldn't get the players we wanted in january, we were totally right to wait until the summer. :50:

5. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    should have paid to get wilson in now, within reason. other than that no complaints from me

6. monthehoops1888

Well im not bothered to be honest,we got players who can fill in at centre back,im glad we are waitin til summer to get Wilson tbh he hasnt played enough games this season and feel he wouldnt have been ready to be thrown in with all these important games coming up..

7. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I am also disappointed that we did not sign anyone, but we cannot blame the board. I am sure the board, Lawell and Lenny tried. Whether or not they tried enough is irrelevant. Lets just look ahead and win more games and finish as champions this season. We still have a good enough squad to win the league. The loss of Hooiveid is not gonna hamper us too much cos he was pretty rubbish tbh. Also Maj and Rogne is not out for too long so lets hope they stay injury free.

8. Taylor

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I agree with this, although, its all well and good saying we have Rogne and Majstorovic returning, all it takes is for either of them to pick up a serious injury and rule them out for another few weeks.

A centre back was a major priority in this window and once again we have been let down by the penny-pinching board, i just hope not bringing a centre back in doesnt come back and bite us on the *!

9. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    Don't Worry everyone Loovens is fit and coming back :icon_mrgreen:

10. KMD1951

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish, Davie Provan, Henrik Larsson
    The Huns have released Andy Webster and as he's free he can sign for anyone immediately. Anybody think this would be a good short-term option. He was outstanding for Dundee Utd last season.He must have been * someone's wife at Ibrox to not even get a sniff of the team.

11. Andy_Cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown,Caldwell, Robson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing, fields of a Athenry, Y.W.N.W.A. 4leaf clover.
    +1 totally agree the team is starting to hit a bit of momentum, our midfield is so much stronger which is helping our defense..Im not getting al het up when there is no need.

Hail hail.

12. Dirk_Diggler

Would like to know were you got them figures from ???

And there is no chance in the world that we would even pay 6 mill for a centre half these days never mind 10 or 20 million there were plenty of defenders availible, and am sure our scouts must be doing something, IMO ITS JUST THE OLD CASE OF NOT WANTING TO SPEND BECAUSE THE BOARD OR THE MONEY MEN UPSTAIRS THOUGHT WE HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS IN THE SQUAD TO GET US THE TITLE.

We made the same mistake in 2009 when we never brought in a striker and and the time the strike force we had were rank rotten were struggling big time to hit the net, i just hope for the sake of signing a quality centre half for 2 or 3 million doesnt come back and bite us on the * like last time.

13. Aldobaldo

Wilson and Mulgrew should be more than capable of dealing with the Aberdeen striker, then we should have at least one centre half back for the huns.

14. maggiethatcher

Fav Celtic Song:
    never walk alone
  15. limezer

yes mate that fella is talking balls curtis davis went 3 for 3.5mill

16. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    Bump.

Anyone still feel cheated?

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Nope :icon_mrgreen:

18. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I think Lennon has done a fine job. He is not daft and is learning the ropes very, very quickly. When he came into the side he identified exactly where we were weak. Specifically lb, centre half and centre forward.

And , er, midfield....

Anyway. He brough in Big Jos, pulled Rogne into the side full time and pretty much dumped Glenda. Signing Dan was a great piece of business. Not coz he is a great player, but for the experience and composure he brings. Definitely steadied the ship.

January, and Im thinking "Oh oh" We have loaned out Jos, Rogne and Maj are injured and Glenda is *. I am seriously questioning The Lurgan Lion.

Neednt have worried my sweet little head. The Lurgan Maestro simply leans back in his chair and says "Thommo and Jan! Lets stick Chuck in at CB, I feel the boy can do a job in there and save us a bit of cash in the transfer market, so he can"

Thommon and Jan agree.

And that, my friends is partly how the Lurgan Lion once again defeated the Old Grumpy Fox.

Neil Lennon eats lightening and * thunder!!!!

19. The The Hand

Aye.

The Huns.

:56:

20. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I think we struck with Mulgrew. We should have bought a CB in January. How many would have been happy at the begining of the year if they knew Mulgrew would have to fill in a centre back.