1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Supporters in Scotland/UK do leave the stadium even before the game ends?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CelticKurd, Jan 26, 2011.

Discuss Why Supporters in Scotland/UK do leave the stadium even before the game ends? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    TBH it's something that's always * me off. Don't get me wrong, if there's something really important then ok but if it's just to get a head start and beat some traffic FFS. Most of the fans at the home games obviously don't get to the away matches and should be thinking 'how much Celtic time do I actually get?'
    Probably not very much in the grand scheme of things!!!
    So enjoy it and then enjoy the drive on the way home too, sitting there with the smug satisfaction that comes with yet another 3 points :icon_mrgreen:

2. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Guessing your boss might be a hun, otherwise he'd cut you some slack!!!

3. Artur Boruc #1

Because "they pay their money" ergo supporters are given carte blanche to do whatever the * they want apparently.......

4. Hez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efrain Juarez, Gary Hooper, Jos Hoovield, Joe Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone/ Let The People Sing.
    I stay to the end, no matter what. I'd hate to leave early. Love giving the lads a cheer and applaud them off at the end.

5. foxy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    the maestro paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA! gets me every time!
    i get that if you have kids or a ferry to catch then fair enough but we have a 4 hr drive after games and still wait til the end i feel embarrassed watching droves of people leave just to go to the pub or wait 20 mins for a bus whats the hurry for most of these people i think they take having CP so close to home for granted!

6. chrissybhoy7

I always stay until the final whistle.

But yeah, it can be pretty difficult to get away from Celtic Park unless your walking and you don't have far to walk.

7. Markybhoy

I hate seeing fans leave before the final whistle.

I always like to stay for a few minutes after the final whistle, take a good long look around, breath in the surroundings and savour every last second of being inside that stadium. You practically need a crowbar to get me out the place, I just love being there so much.

8. tino1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo - Larsson - Stubbs - Hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields - Over & Over
    Part of the reason I see is the traffic is torture outside parkhead,
    Hopefully the commonwealth games upgrade will help way the flow n also the m74 extension will be opening in June so should help but other than that it's maybe cause ah the local pubs shut at 11.

I stayed till end but could've murdered a pint earlier

9. Captain_Mjällby

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Maj
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    i wouldnt leave CP until YNWA has been sung. But then again coming from another country you want the whole experience, I can understand Fans rush home because the traffic must be terrible.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Only ever left a friendly v Bordeaux early. Some people have places to go.

11. MattMcG

I've only ever left early a handful of times in all the years I've been going to the games, usually because of work.

It's disappointing to see so many people head for the exits early, but it's understandable. I didn't get home til 11 last night. Not great if you have kids and it's a school night.

12. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    The reason why I left these games early are:

Rangers beat us 4-2 - When they scored the 4th goal I just couldn't bare hearing the huns singing.

Beating Dundee 2-1 - Only had a shirt on and was freezing, tried drinking a bovril and sitting down but it was too much.

0-0 Hearts - Knew the league was over, couldn't bare it.

Ross County beat us 2-0 - I was still in the stadium when the whistle went so that doesnt count as much.

They are the only games I have left early my whole life. I will never leave a game early ever again.

13. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

As if we didn't have any traffic on the European mainland...

14. farmerbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's a bit disrupting seeing people leave early. People even do it if it's 1-1? I mean what's the point in going to the game to leave with the game so poised?

Many people have their reasons though. Each to their own.

15. hoops88

Never leave early always stay to applaud team off the park me and my mate were talking about this a few years back when we played 22 games at home in the league and the guy next to us used to leave 10 minutes early every game we told him that if he adds it up over the season he is missing 2 and a half games a season he has never left early since

16. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    like the others said mate its getting home after a game! the roads at that time are busy trying to get out etc. whenever im there i stay as long as i can to be fair. but i think the transport links are getting worked on as we speaks for the commenwealth games i think?

17. Henriksdreads

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Lubo Moravcik / Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Never seen the point in leaving early, i wouldn't leave the cinema 10 minutes before a film ends, so why is it different at the football?

You could say traffic is a problem, but thats just part of going to the games, 50-60 thousand people all in such a small area is bound to cause delays no matter where it is.

It's particularly confusing to me when the game is really tight, but each to their own, they have paid for their ticket so they can leave when they like i guess.

18. rory_90

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I can see why some people do it. I take the train to Bellgrove so don't have to leave early but some of the punters in cars must have an absolute nightmare trying to get out with people like me cutting about all over the place making life a misery for them.

At the same time, we've got an incredible history of late goals. I don't see why anyone would leave unless we're winning comfortably. The worst was when we beat Shakhtar in the last minute a couple of seasons back and about half my row had left before Donati's goal...don't really feel much sympathy.

Happened to me when we beat Hearts 2-1 after coming from behind in Strachan's first or second season. Had to leave to catch a train since me and my pals were spending the night down in Kilmarnock. Left the stadium just before the first went in and was half way down London Road when the winner went in in the 94th minute or something. Chuffed with te result but what a * feeling missing that was. :thumbsdow

19. Artur Boruc #1

I will second this.

20. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Only once in all my days at CP have I left early, it was against Hearts at home in Strachans final game in charge. I was so upset at the way we had capitulated the title that I left with @ 2omins to go. Other than that I have never ever left a Celtic game, or any game for that matter early.

I think its really bad form for any fans to be doing and I have never understood it myself.