1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobo: Birmingham or Boro a step down

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Stephen, Feb 11, 2005.

Discuss Bobo: Birmingham or Boro a step down in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Stephen

Bobo has basically said that leaving the hoops to goto either B'minghan or Boro would be a step down in his career.

"Wherever you are in life, it's important you realise what you have and, here, I play for a big club, for a great support, I have a great contract, my family is happy and I enjoy my football. That's a lot of good things. "Of course The Premiership was an attractive option for me because you know in that league there is the big challenge of playing against great strikers every week.

"But if I had left to go to either Middlesbrough or Birmingham, I would have been moving to a smaller club than Celtic."

I agree with bobo, we are such a huge club that going anywhere else is a step down. :smoke:

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

I think he's lying through his teeth

3. BB Banned!

I Reckon there is more to this than meets the eye.....look out for Bobo's testimonial in a couple of years so he can get a nice £1 million in the bank...

Thats probably why he stayed....

Dont really agree with tetimonials for players who get paid loads anwyay...think they are a bit of a rip off...unless of course a decent chunk of it goes to charity!!

4. Dubsbhoy Banned!

think it should all go to charity, anyone thats played top flight football for 10 years is minted and always will be.

5. BB Banned!

Exactly my point mate... but modt of them keep the dosh...

How much did Larsson give to charity??

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

nothing as far as i know and some would argue he shouldn't of had a test. But i'll admit i wasn't one.

Think niall quinn was first to donate all proceeds.

7. BB Banned!

The thing is..the only reason he stayed at CP was because he got paid what he wanted becuase of the testimonial......who paid for a lot of that....the fans...
    Dont get me wrong im glad he stayed and hold him in the same regard as any other Celtic legend but it is abit naughty of the board for doing things that way....

8. i don't think he turned down the move, i think they weren't prepared to give him the money he was wanting!

9. celticfc411

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    regardless...hes around for a while more....so lets watch hime raise some *....or set him on the DAFC chairman

10. henkel07

do you really believe that was why either henke or bobo stayed ,larsson could easily have added minimum 50% to his net wage at a dozen other clubs elsewhere imo he stayed because he had found a place where he was content and gave us the best years of his career unlike the so called celtic men who buggered of at the first chance,larsson is somthing it is doubtful we will ever see again in our lifetime a genuine world class player happy to be with celtic for 7+yrs,think about it

11. henkel07

another point ,who pays for it the fans?of course we do who else would or should its our club if giving guys like mcstay,mcgrain,mcneill ,lennox,johnston,aitken,henke&jackie an extra 20 notes for the great times they have gave us well i for one am happy to do so

12. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Re Henke
    As far as i can remember he didn't get a testimonial but a farewell match
    There was great uproar at the time about this

And besides Do testimonials not be recognition for 10 years at a club?

13. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeh henke no body has problem with henrik, his match was a farewell one as hooperman said it was to say thanks for 7 great years, were as for jackie its 10 years

14. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Yeah but re henke his farewell do was gate receipts and /or his final payment from the club
    Those miserable basssas on the board wernt prepared to cough up a leaving prezzie

In fact Celtic PLC are so tight that today in Belfasts Superstore they were sellig Camara's poster off for £1.oo

At least * Turpin wore a mask

15. henkel07

look guys things can * us of but the simple fact is we are locked in a country where we have little or no oppotunity to make decent cash as a major club we are playing with both hands and one foot tied behind our back,everything has got to be paid for its as simple as that ask yourselves would you come and play in scotland?and besides hooperman mr quinn should be thanked for bringing such competitivly priced dart boards to the celtic supporting fraternity :celt_smil

16. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Sort of half agree with your comments
    Celtic are locked in a smaller European League and cash flow is important
    However I don't think the present board have much foresight into what the fans do or say
    If they were upfront and tell us why they make the decisions we would in the end accept their decisions For years McCann was perceived as the destroyer of the club but we have a magnificent stadium largely due to him.We also had 9 years in the abyss but we were never told of his future vision
    Today we have an internationally sought after manager who has been promised the earth the moon and the stars when it comes to sighnings and at the end of the day he has to rob Peter to pay Paul with the transfer market

henke meant so much to the club and his thank you was not a financial package that befitted him but a match hurriedly arranged and the fans paying

I cud go on but for my 2 finger typing skills
    LOL

17. Davycelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    As far as I knew there was a clause in henks final contract guaranteeing a £1million paymen if he stayed till ed of season.
    He was getting this payment regrdless of farewell match. I was led to believe that he saw none of the money from the game and it was just a means of recouping money by the board.