1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Attendances - Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jambo celt, Dec 28, 2010.

Discuss Attendances - Good or bad? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SnoopyCFC

To be honest even when we have a * attendance, thats still about 3 times as much as any other spl team exept rangers. lol:56:

2. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    What annoys me is that the Huns tickets are actually better priced. They have decent prices for adults and concessions whereas we have low concession prices but more expensive * tickets. The board are fly and try and lure you to the game with your kids because the kids prices are good, knowing that you will still need to fork out a ridiculous price for St. Johnstone etc.

3. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    the atmosphere's just the same with 20 000 there than it is with 45000 there,

just the 500 in 111 singing.

4. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    either way you look at here you would think we are the only team with empty seats ffs. look alswhere not everyone sells out also you know and under the circumstances with people not working,no money,cant go cos of work or other things they have to do?and of course the * weather we are having also. and i suppose you can throw in the uder par performances also i suppose.not about glory hunting its the way it is all over at the moment.

5. quadebhoy

The attendances the last couple of games have been shocking. Lucky if there was 20,000 against killie and 25,000 against St Johnstone
    To many fans that are not faithfull through and through ( i am talking about the fans that can go but don't go. Not the fans who can't afford to go)

6. Y.N.W.A

part time fans:50:

7. SnoopyCFC

If i could go i would i go to as many games as a giro allows me to :(

8. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

what is a part time fan ?

9. JamesConnolly

We need a 12th man, we havnt got a 12th man

10. Artur Boruc #1

The recent attendances have ousted the part timers, the glory hunters and the hangers on. That can only be a good thing, IMO. Obviously I'd prefer to see 60,000 but these "fans" are no great loss at all.

Obviously not all 20,000 empty seats are a result of these part timing glory hunters etc.

11. Gonnae Sit Doon

If the skint huns win the league we,ll back at 20,000 a game and that will include season ticket holders.

12. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Attendances have been * & the st johnstone game was no were near the 41k mark(maybe 20k)

13. raymo67

Its amazing how empty celtic park is every game then its the old firm & everyone is desperate for a ticket & all my mates wanting me to get extra tickets with ma season ticket but I will never see them go to any other game I feel like saying where u been the rest of the season. Im not saying they should go to every game & I understand with the current problems with employment it can be hard but alot of people simply dont bother with the small games then demand tickets for bigger games.

14. Aldobaldo

I would assume this means a person who only attends a few games a season or when we are winning trophies.

I would come under the first part as I play football on a saturday when most home games are played. I would argue this doesn`t make me a part-time fan; as Celtic has been and continues to be a huge part of my life.

Thanks to the recent weather I have been able to attend the last 3 home games which although 2 were ended in disappoinment, has not changed the feeling I have for the club. If not made it stronger with all those outside willing to knock the club. No better feeling than being at Celtic Park for me.

15. Gonnae Sit Doon

Strange thing is some of the part timers have paid £500 for a season ticket.

16. Artur Boruc #1

Strange indeed.

17. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

i know were your coming from....

what am getting at was there would have been many fans who live in England and Ireland not being able to attend,me and my lad being 2 of them, i wll be on the road to paradise tomorrow,unless something drastic happens

an empty stadium,in the middle of the worst winter in 50 years and bang the part time fans are to blame

not all season tickets holders are based within the glasgow area,i know 38 of them who live within the Newcastle area

i just wonder how many of us are out there :50:

18. Aldobaldo

Hats off to those(like yourself) that travel many miles to attended games at this particular time. The thing is I wonder how many of those that failed to attend were a little closer to home and just couldn`t be arsed.

19. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    there's lads in my supporters club that does the 200 miles journey every game, im no far off every game missed a few, due to a ban.

these people should be rewarded somehow, considering the people who can go but choose not to doesnt turn up.

20. Gordybhoy1967

Does my * head right in when snotty nosed 16 year olds who get their tickets bought by their parents come on and start categorising fans. I'd put the wee * over my knee and smack them red raw!