1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

THIS CELTIC TEAM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by tim park, Dec 24, 2010.

Discuss THIS CELTIC TEAM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. tim park

todays celtic team...is it getting worse or are other teams getting better,, hearts ,motherwell kilmarnock even inverness caley seem to be closing the gap very quickly..

i personally think celtic are getting steadily worse no matter who the team is for any given day

i think this because the other teams ive mentioned havent strengthened their team/s to any great extent..as as for rangers who many believed were not going to be a force for a while seem to be steady in footballing terms

i was hoodwinked like many others when celtic baught a new team last season ,i was worried about the changes being made so quickly but i fell for it and believed celtic would be untouchable in the spl...but

after the euro flops i started to wonder if celtic are actually any good at all..then they baught even more players and again i thought the spl is in the bag at least....but again hopes are fading by the game..they canny win at home ,they canny hold a 2-0 lead v the promoted team from the 1st division at home..they just seem to struggle in every game and have become predictable

take paddy mc court..it seems to me lennon only gives him a game to try save matches,,because he comes on as a sub at the very same time in games ..the other nights match v killie was a prime example,,ok paddy is capeable of scoring a wonder goal but it seems to me the management think hes gonna do it everytime witch is impossible for anyplayer and it just adds pressure on mc courts shoulders

...teams have sussed us out because of the predictability of the way celtic play and when the subs will come on ,

on a brighter note celtic undrer lennon in the spl have only lost 2 matches but the draws are killing us...

i think the team are bad at the moment,,and other teams are not any better than before..it just looks that way because of the stale fitba celtic have adopted

2. Aidzo 09

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Just Cant Get Enough!
    Lacks spine and leaders. I think that's the main problem.

3. celticminded89

Definately lacks leaders, enough talent imo just need a bit of togetherness and fighting spirit

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :50:

5. andycfc94

We have better players than anyone else in the league however as everyone is saying we simply need a leader and a bit of dedication to the team :50:

6. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    We've been declining each year since 2004 when we peaked under Martin O'Neil. The boards failure to build on this team has become our downfall and they have to take most, if not all of the blame for the position we find ourselves in.

Penny pinching costs more down the line.

7. Ledleysleftfoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic song!
    My comments mirror everyone elses :50:

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

In terms of qaulity of player yes but WGS took an average group of players and had great success.

9. tim park

to be fair,,strachan got a flying start with what was left of oniels team,,then it started to decline and has done ever since..the way celtic are playing we could be 3rd in the league next week

10. jamie&erin1888

poor team no leaders no super stars but at least we are not huns

11. Colin McRae

Fav Celtic Player:
    henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This Celtic team... need time to become a celtic team. we don't play as a team and for as long as we're chopping 3/4/5 players from the starting 11 every window we'll never be a team. super stars and leaders apear out of teams. look at how many real madrid signed. Both leaders and superstars. doesn't work that way in a team. support is all the team needs.

12. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    No appetite in this team for a fight , They need to roll up their sleeeves and fight for each other instead of behaving like over paid prime donnas .

13. joemc

i believe other teams have watched how we struggled against rangers and adopted the same safety first tactics, so if it also works for them and they are weaker then we have to worry about the game at ipox.

14. Redbaz

There are a lot of comments on here that we have more skillfull players, I think you are believing the media hype here because not with what I have seen since the start of the season, if so we would be top of the league and winning games at Celtic Park at a canter, this is all like last season ground hog day again.

15. doyle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Larsson, Andreas Thom, Dicanio the mad genius
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I would like to revamp 'fritz a grand ol team' as its a bit old and cheesey, needs some fat beats
    I actually think we are a couple of players away from a really good side.. cant believe im saying this.. I know it seems grim some of our recent results, but some of the football has been good, just dont have a guy to put the ball in the net enough.. same as a lot of teams I suppose

16. Redbaz

What about defenders and decent midfield, we have got overcrowded with 3 rate midfielders and now talk of more ff sake what are we doing here, it's like being an alkie pishing money up against a wall.

17. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    ICT have just come up from the 1st division, where they were kinda quite lucky to get promoted after going on a good run well after Xmas.

They haven't really changed that 1st division team, but have recorded some * good results in the SPL drawing at CP, Tynecastle & Ibrox, winning twice against Hibs & Aberdeen.

This shows that the SPL IS NOT GETTING BETTER.

Butcher has a good team of hardworking players who will fight for eachother & have a game plan...it's that easy. You could also say Smith has this at Rangers & sticks to it.

If Lenny could get away from this * that BTM brought with him about "The Celtic Way", then we would do a lot better.

Maybe in the past 4-2-4 did us well, but the SPL formation nowadays is a 5 man midfield, teams know how to play against us & ICT came back from being 2-0 down at halftime against Celtic at CP...this proves their self-belief & our shitebagness...we are a team of shitebags, even when 2-0 up at halftime, at home, to a team just up from the 1st division.

Lenny knew Loovens, Samaras & Maloney were ALL SHITEBAGS, he didn't sell them, but instead played them & we are no further forward.

He bought more shitebags in Madge, Murphy & Juarez, although I can understand how he got duped as they don't look like shitebags - but he should be specifically scouting for non-shitebags & this trait should've been picked up before signing them.

Unless Lenny grows a pair & looks at himself as the cause of our problems, we will be lucky to finish 3rd - as there are some very serious problems in our team & Lenny seems happy with that, which is very frightening - he's quickly turning into BTM mark 2.

Merry Xmas. :rolleyes: